No announcement yet.

Skins you want to come back in the new "Unreal Tournament"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd really like to see the old classics re-made for the new Engine.
    Same feeling, with new, and fresh air though. Expecially talking about RawSteel (Especially the hidden Eyepatch face - maybe adding a Female version too? - Also Male Venom?).
    This is one little thing I didn't like about UT's sequels (I'm a huge fan of UT2003): Classic characters aren't given the proper consideration - Just Malcolm (everywhere - UT200X was the best), Brock (UT200X), Lauren (everywhere - UT200X was the best), Xan (UT2004) and the Skaarjs (which came up good but I expected also to see a remake of the old Skaarj Troopers, instead of only Skaarj Warriors - UT2004).

In other words, to satisfy everyone is impossible, but what I think it MUST come back (and come back for good) is:
    Classic UT teams (all of them);
    UT200X Mercenaries (Excludins Malcolm, Brock and Lauren, which are in their respective teams);
    UT3 Necris (perhaps more similar to UT99/2004, instead of UT3);
    The Skaarjs (Troopers, Warriors, and, why not, also a Warlord!);
    Unreal 1 Mercenaries and Characters (They were cool!).

I really liked, also, the following:
    Unreal 1 Dante;
    Unreal Tournament RawSteel (Especially Classic Slain and UTBETA Kregore - Which is Eyepatch);
    Unreal Tournament WarBoss (Maybe making a model based to it wouldn't be a bad idea);
    Unreal 1 / Unreal Tournament Nalis;
    Unreal Tournament 200X NightMaleA (Brutalis / Ravage);
    Unreal Tournament 200X NightFemales (Maybe NightFemaleB - Domina and Subversa - looking less phychopaths);
    Unreal Tournament 2004 Abaddon;
    Unreal Tournament 2004 Corrupt (Except XanM02 - Virus and the other, of which I don't remember the name);
    Unreal Tournament 2004 ECE new models (MetalGuard, Necris and MechaSkaarj, the last of which was really awesome);
    Unreal Tournament 3 Ronin (That was cool).

What I think, instead, would hardly fit into the "Tournament" feeling is the Nali WarCow: perhaps it could fit good in an adventure-like story (Unreal), but I don't see it good in an arena.
    {S.o.W}DeathMask, 9 times CWC UT2003, 1 time EMKTC.
    Custom crosshairs - SoW
    Create you own crustom crosshair - Tutorial
    CTF-SoW-LiandriDocks
    DM-Caladbolg (MaskTest)

Comment

Xan with UT99's taunts.

Comment

I agree, I really liked the Skaarj. I always played as Fate, though, so I wouldn't mind her being thrown in there. But not enough to fight for it. :P

Comment

UT99 Female Metal Guard
          UT99 Male/Female War Machine
          UT99 Male Marine

Comment

OW - I didn't mention Damien.
            PS2 Damien was cool. I tried to make it back for UT200X, but the project was never finished.
            {S.o.W}DeathMask, 9 times CWC UT2003, 1 time EMKTC.
            Custom crosshairs - SoW
            Create you own crustom crosshair - Tutorial
            CTF-SoW-LiandriDocks
            DM-Caladbolg (MaskTest)

Comment

I would not want to see any of the silliness and craziness from UT2004 reappear. The egyptians, the clowns, the h o m o (really, you censor this too?) sapiens medusae (seriously, what the hell was that?), the anorexic humans... As much as I appreciate the variety, I can't say I liked any of it.
              Models from UT3 were fine.

Comment

Xan from UT99 is a must, with his tauntset

Ivana from Female Commandos (Dark Phalanx) I always liked

Skaarj Hybrids were badass in UT99 and the fan-made UT2k4 ones were too

Classic Skaarjs need to come back. Not talking those tiny ones in UT2004 with the faces that were almost cute, I'm talking the intimidating huge muscle masses that murdered people in Unreal 1.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unrealfinalskaarj.png
Views:	1
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	328317

Metalguard too

And maybe Dante from Unreal 1.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodShot View Post
                  Xan from UT99 is a must, with his tauntset

Ivana from Female Commandos (Dark Phalanx) I always liked

Skaarj Hybrids were badass in UT99 and the fan-made UT2k4 ones were too

Classic Skaarjs need to come back. Not talking those tiny ones in UT2004 with the faces that were almost cute, I'm talking the intimidating huge muscle masses that murdered people in Unreal 1.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2219[/ATTACH]

Metalguard too

And maybe Dante from Unreal 1.
                  I thought the so called 'Skaarj Hybrids' from Unreal Tournament were abominations, but I would certainly like to see some proper Skaarj models that remain true to the original Unreal Skaarj like that Skaarj Warrior you posted. The problem there, is that Skaarj are much larger than humans, and they'd have to be scaled down considerably. This in turn might lead to them looking a bit odd without tweaking proportions, and then you'd end up with UT2004 Skaarj. UT2004 Skaarj would still be better than no Skaarj, though.

Long live the Skaarj.

Comment

Actually people ported the Unreal 2 Skaarj to UT3 - while they aren't the same as U1 skaarj, they are still better than UT2004's skaarj designs, and they worked well despite their size.

Talking about this makes me think of a cool take on an invasion hybrid where players play as humans or skaarj with asymmetrical gameplay. It could be a cool aliens/predator type gamemode.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodShot View Post
                      Actually people ported the Unreal 2 Skaarj to UT3 - while they aren't the same as U1 skaarj, they are still better than UT2004's skaarj designs, and they worked well despite their size.
                      Those Skaarj were a bit on the Gorilla side if you ask me.

Comment

That was my problem with them too, but IMO they were still more intimidating looking than UT2k4's skaarj.

I really just want Unreal 1 skaarj in HD though, those were the coolest and most intimidating designs for them

Comment

Am I the only one that loved the Tim Sweeney skin? https://forums.epicgames.com/threads/745976-Tim-Sweeney

Other than that I'd pick the Xan, Warmachine and Nali cow skin from UT99.
                          {dFb}eMac

Comment

the bottom line is DIY (Do It Yourself) , i made a test using the UT3 content which i scaled to UE4 size , i don't have the time or skill to re work the textures thought.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...o-test-Malcolm
                            UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
                            ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

Bring back Aimbot-Loque.
                              Also known as musilowski.
                              UE user since 1998.

Comment

Juggernauts!
                                Especially Gorge and Rylisa

Comment

Working...
                                X