No more GOW models please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more GOW models please!

As the title suggests...get rid of the clunky Gears of War models\skins.
    That was the beauty of UT99 and 2k4, tons of unique skins.
    Nali warcow FTW!
    "Your strength and brutality are legendary. The time has come to prove you are the best. To crush your enemies; to win the Tournament"

The problem with unique skins like the Nali Warcow is that if you try to headshot it, you have to aim somewhere in the air.

So IMO all the models would need to have the same humanoid skeleton.

Comment

Yeah I remember the headshot on the cow was at the gun on its back and not the actual cow head.
      And thats fine no more cow, but Nali warpriests would be sweet.
      Basically get rid of the GoW feel...bring back the unique skins and models that made UT....UT
      "Your strength and brutality are legendary. The time has come to prove you are the best. To crush your enemies; to win the Tournament"

Comment

I loved the variety from UT2K4. Really felt like different characters with personalities (loved the backstories too, same as with the maps). UT3 was so bland and boring. Can't remember anyone from it.

Comment

the same humanoid skeleton.
          i strongly disagree. just make the head distinguishable and placement is not an issue but rather an incentive.

Comment

Originally posted by homu View Post
            i strongly disagree. just make the head distinguishable and placement is not an issue but rather an incentive.
            Yeah I think as long as character models that change the physique of the default character model, should have their own skeleton. No reason we shouldn't have our Nali war cows
            a.k.a Gunner77

Comment

would we have the nail at least?
              History: UT99 (2003 - 2007; 2009 - Now) UT2k4: (2005-2007), UT3 (2008-2009)
              UT Nicknames: Shotman, HeatWave, MY_KID
              UT Clan: -={SDA}=- (Sniping Death Angles) and zsu (Zark Snipers United)
              UT Main Menu Design

Comment

Agreed, gears of wars is a game, Unreal Tournament is a beast of it's own. Do not share characters models between the two
                work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

indeed no gears models please, they need to look like they are agile enough to move fast.

Comment

agreed... No more space bro marine hulks.. I liked the female models in 2k4 best as they just looked agile and acrobatic even if the model didnt effect movement whatsoever..
                    DANG YOU UT2K4 KIDS! GET OFF MY LAWN!

Comment

Originally posted by Allied Mastercomputer View Post
                      I loved the variety from UT2K4. Really felt like different characters with personalities (loved the backstories too, same as with the maps). UT3 was so bland and boring. Can't remember anyone from it.
                      Just in case, and I may be misunderstanding, but when this thread talks about "no gears of war models", would that also nix any chance of The Juggernauts returning? I, like Mastercomputer, really enjoyed the idea that your competitors have strength and weakness - they're not all typical human shaped- and in this case, they had opted for bulky figures and heavy body armour. I like that element of diversity and character being possible to be brought in to play in any map or mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Skippy_Doe View Post
                        but Nali warpriests would be sweet.
                        Can I get that with the following taunt: "Ooba Dah MotherF****r!"
                        Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

I wonder if people missed the fact Epic sold Gears of War to Microsoft recently.
                          Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Skippy_Doe View Post
                            As the title suggests...get rid of the clunky Gears of War models\skins.
                            That was the beauty of UT99 and 2k4, tons of unique skins.
                            Nali warcow FTW!
                            Agreed as well

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                            I wonder if people missed the fact Epic sold Gears of War to Microsoft recently.
                            Doesn't mean that they won't model gears-like characters though very unlikely

Comment

Originally posted by IKILLPAIN View Post
                              Agreed as well

Doesn't mean that they won't model gears-like characters though very unlikely
                              I think if we're basing our designs on previous UT games, the GoW characters seem to fit the Endomorphic designs that the Juggernauts of UT2k3/4 were based on. In that, if they did use the thick, bulky character designs, it shouldn't take up the entire spectrum of character designs, and we should see bipeds filling out Ectomorphic and Mesomorphic body types as well. Whether or not your add customization on top of that would require you to break the model up in pieces, so you'd need to make sure that classes of customization were created to keep from characters having mismatched body parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X