Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] My Contributions

Hello All.
    First time poster here, but i have been watching/waiting this for a long time. I recently took the time to download/play the new build and mess around with the editor a little. So ive come see if i can contribute a little content. For now i just have some concept art for you, but ill have more to come soon. I'm already working a mesh into the game, just deciding on who to make and have been scanning the forums to check others progress. Keep up the great work guys, Loving it so far. Hopefully i can bring something to the table everyone will be happy with.
    The current reskin i'm working on. (Mine are the ones on the right)
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Latest*
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This first one i should mention is based off Goobas Design for Gorge, I just added some armor under the exosuit so it looks a little more like a classic Jugg.

Thats it for now, ill have more soon, Cheers.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kingaz; 01-13-2016, 07:34 AM. Reason: image updates
    My Contributions - misc concept art.
    Taye Skins - Skin Downloads

More Pictures Today, i tried to clean these ones up a little so they are easier to see. still no colour though sorry. I only paint in photoshop really.
    My Take on an old classic.
    I tried to draw up a few different variations of shoulder pads for Malcolm, but i couldn't decide on anything that really matched the current armor style, So i stuck with the current one and layered it with a shirt/extra plate
    I Have Not seen alot of Female Thunder Crash artwork, perhaps im not looking in the right spot. But heres something i drew as sort of a mixture between the older models, and the armor style of the new male concepts.
    I think im going to try modelling Riker. i have not seen anyone start on him and there is some concept art to go off already, Though im not sure if thats the direction they still want with the looks of the current ingame mesh. Tried adding some armor plates to the vest and lower legs to give it a more futuristic look. But heres what ive come up with so far.
    Let me know if you all approve or if you wanted to go in a different direction, ill be starting with the head anyways... i must now somehow procure a 4k resolution mustache texture.
    Also if ive missed somewhere that someone else is already working on him, That would be great to know also.

Comment

I'm working on a proper re-skin for the malcom/taye mesh. Trying to do a little more than just change the fabrics around, Included is a comparison and the bits I've done so far, plus a bit of a reference image that i whipped up. Not 100% set on the overshirt... i will be redesigning the armor underneath it so the shading still looks different, but even with the team logo it doesn't scream unreal to me... its just the character mesh, with the dogtags/etc he looks to me like a tank top kind of guy. The idea is to try and make something visually different at a distance without modifying the mesh. Its also practice to get used to the masking/material system the texture uses before i delve into my own custom character. Keep in mind this is all just painted on a dummy texture at the moment and i still have to separate all the layers and redo an entire new normal/AO layer for it. Let me know what you think though.
      This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
      Attached Files

Comment

Some of these are pretty neat, maybe a bit heavy on detail, try having about 30% Detailed and 70% Simple and you will have much easier to read designs. One thing I would try to do is work on your anatomy, your latest drawing is pretty close. One thing you can do is draw a really thought out anatomically correct figure without the clothes armor etc. After you have something you know is right you can trace your armor designs over that one. Its a fun way to knock out a bunch of designs because you don't have to worry about the proportions every time you start something new. Cool stuff Keep up the drawing!
        Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
        Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

Thanks mate, yeah the lack of colour/cleanliness has always been my weak point, i just don't like to spend hours on the one image for it to maybe look half decent, would rather pump out a dozen sketches and pick the best of the bunch. These don't take me very long to whip out but as soon as i start using colour even small sketches turn into hours of work. Personally I prefer b/w and rough lines over clean colour artwork, so that doesn't really help my cause either :S . But i do need to work on making some more readable images for people who don't. I have posted another update for my skin as well, I'm just about ready to separate all the layers now and chuck it into the editor. just the back of the armor and the pouch(es) on his right hip left to do. besides the belts/buckles that should be everything modified a little. also been playing around with some decal combinations, I was going to have a traditional little gold crest on his breastplate, but was having a look to see what some decal combos look like first...i may just do both. The Over-Shirt will still probably be coming later on, probably a different version maybe with jeans and normal boots again...a little more casual looking. For now though just redesigning the armor and seeing how that goes.

Attached Files

Comment

Another update on the skin.I Have set it all up in the editor now with a 'new' material, I just swapped out the dirty nylon and shotgun shell plastic for other materials. I am instead using the decal layer to add the gold and orange over the top. Still a bit of cleaning up to do on the normals but think its comparing up nicely so far (at a distance at least). I hope you all like it as well, let me know if you have any suggestions. I have designed a couple of colour/decal combinations to go along with it besides this default one, but i want to complete it before i start on those. Ive left the colours as original as possible on purpose so you can see the difference in the texture itself rather than just its possible variations. Sorry about the larger images this time, but high res is the only way to compare the detail to the current standard.
            Attached Files

Comment

You show much effort in drawing but I see you are very good in modelling 0.o wow it's curious that way of working, don't stop working in these great armour, it looks promising if were made alike malcolm skin (without or with the malcom head)

Pd: Are you planning to include in the full armour some kind of military beret or so?

Comment

Looking great. Well done.

Comment

Those armors could be added as skins for Taye.

-Luigi Rapetta
                  (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                  Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Normals are a bit messy since you're using the same base mesh, but I think for gameplay purposes these look fine.
                    Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

This is looking really good. I agree with Wail that the normal mapping looks off or messy. I'm wondering if you are intending the shading on the torso armor to be indents?

Comment

another update, Been working on cleaning up those Normals. Trying to get it as pixel perfect as the originals, still the breastplate and upper back to do, along with the eagle crests on the shoulders, trying to get all the smaller stuff out of the way first so i don't skip them by accident. I've included a detailed lighting screenshot, so you can see what its effecting. I'm just dodging up AO layers from screenshots of the texture at the moment, so they aren't completely accurate just yet. Its definitely looking a lot cleaner though. I hope you all think the same. Let me know if anything doesn't seem right to you. I'm always open to suggestions.

*edit Oh and can someone let me know if i'm going to get in trouble for using the Unreal U logo on the necklace? I don't want to cause any issues.

@rapfamily4 yeah that's the idea, previous UTs have used the same mesh with a modified head/armor texture in the past for completely different characters(i hope each character will get its own mesh in the end) but for now i'm just looking to add some more variety than just a different colour camo in the skins department.
                        @Vailias I am trying not to stray away from the current armor style Taye has already. So no, its not supposed to be as bumpy, but just nice clean flat edges. these new shots should hopefully give a better idea of what i'm looking to achieve, but i have not done the section you mentioned yet, but the idea is just to make it a bit edgier and a bit heavier than the current armor.
                        @darksonny Thanks, but I have not actually touched the model, (that's the next project ;P) for now i'm just modifying the texture(s) i may look into some custom helmets later on, but this is just an alternate skin i'm hoping to get into the game so other people can use/modify it like the current ones, More Variety!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Kingaz; 11-10-2015, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaz View Post

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                          This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                          Your skin is really great, a big step forward above the default one for sure

I really like your color scheme and the level of detail
                          Stevie's corner
                          My UT4 maps
                          Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Hey there guys been working on some other stuff last couple of days so have not quite completed the skin yet, The normals are almost at a point where I'm happy with them now though. Just going over it with a fine tooth comb to see if somethings not up to scratch, I noticed i didn't modify the elbow pads so i may make a pass on those quickly before i submit it. Ill probably be starting up another forum for this guy alone on his next update to try and get some extra feedback on him, Hopefully its up to scratch. Also been drawing up some other possible skins, i figured one for each character couldn't hurt if you guys are liking them.
                            Thanks Stevie, I was mainly going for Different, But better is always nice to The original armor though a bit plain still looks good i think.
                            I have been playing around with colour combos for the default skin, I'm sort of going for just a mk2 variant of the original skin, so Ive tried to keep to a similar colour scheme. I went with More Saturated team colours to avoid the red going pink and blue going grey on brighter levels. Let me know what you think though.
                            Here are the closeups for detail picking.

And some paintovers of the current necris characters, i don't know if they are deliberately avoiding the classic goth/medieval necris theme...but its how ive always remembered them, so this is my attempt at bringing them back to "normal"
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaz View Post
                              Hey there guys been working on some other stuff last couple of days so have not quite completed the skin yet, The normals are almost at a point where I'm happy with them now though. Just going over it with a fine tooth comb to see if somethings not up to scratch, I noticed i didn't modify the elbow pads so i may make a pass on those quickly before i submit it. Ill probably be starting up another forum for this guy alone on his next update to try and get some extra feedback on him, Hopefully its up to scratch. Also been drawing up some other possible skins, i figured one for each character couldn't hurt if you guys are liking them.
                              Thanks Stevie, I was mainly going for Different, But better is always nice to The original armor though a bit plain still looks good i think.
                              I have been playing around with colour combos for the default skin, I'm sort of going for just a mk2 variant of the original skin, so Ive tried to keep to a similar colour scheme. I went with More Saturated team colours to avoid the red going pink and blue going grey on brighter levels. Let me know what you think though.
                              Here are the closeups for detail picking.

And some paintovers of the current necris characters, i don't know if they are deliberately avoiding the classic goth/medieval necris theme...but its how ive always remembered them, so this is my attempt at bringing them back to "normal"
                              I'm really excited by your Necris concepts. What you're doing with the female is great, too bad you can't get rid of the ill-fitting cargo pants as they don't match up with the upper body you're working with. The male looks extremely detail-heavy though, to the point where I think it causes him to almost look camouflaged on his upper body.
                              Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Working...
                              X