Custom Skins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Custom Skins

So ive finally finished up on these, shared them on the cloud this time and giving out the .paks. I kept a variation of 'Mk2' with tayes original head on it, just added a beard. The new guys name is Rook, Short desciription from my other forum right at the bottom Just click the Underlined text to download. or head over to My Google Drive. If you are interested in the raw files so you can make your own decal/paint jobs, just send us a msg, ill make them available, have not had any requests so far though. Let me know what you think though as well, im still open to feedback. I just figured id better get a move on the necris reskins. They seem to already be getting more attention than this guy. Enjoy
    Now With First Person Arms!
    Taye-Mk2 65mb Updated 25/08/17
    Rook 40mb Updated 25/08/17
    Rook-Team Lead 47mb Updated 25/08/17
    Rook-Slider 47mb - Updated 25/08/17
    Samael-FacePaint 47mb - 25/08/17
    Samael-Undying 42mb - 25/08/17
    Click image for larger version  Name:	TayeMk2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	498.8 KB ID:	363601Click image for larger version  Name:	samael2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	539.2 KB ID:	363600
    Click image for larger version  Name:	samael1.jpg Views:	3 Size:	481.6 KB ID:	363599Click image for larger version  Name:	RookTL.jpg Views:	1 Size:	492.3 KB ID:	363598
    Click image for larger version  Name:	RookSlider.jpg Views:	1 Size:	510.7 KB ID:	363597Click image for larger version

Name:	Rook.jpg
Views:	1242
Size:	502.3 KB
ID:	363596
    Rook's Info: A long time fan but first time competitor. Rook has spent as much time in Simulators and Studying arena tactics as any Top Tier competitor has, but hes never had the chance to make it onto the field Himself. When he heard that this year the Tournament would open its doors to new competitors He left his entire life behind and landed himself into the Thunder Crash Team Training program. Now he's off the bench and into the ring to see if all those tactics can serve him any good.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kingaz; 08-24-2017, 09:58 PM.
    My Contributions - misc concept art.
    Taye Skins - Skin Downloads

Epic HAS TO APPROVE these!!!

-Luigi Rapetta
    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Really, really nice man

Comment

I want them ingame. Now. Stellar work mate, you are helping this project out a lot by doing this

Comment

Lots of character in these skins, though I'd change that yellow out of the last set of team skins, that's not going to work visibility wise. GJ anyway.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
          Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

They look very 2k4'ish. Slider too vibrant imho. I would preserve that color scheme for Thunder Crash where yellow parts would be replaced by golden ornamentation. Also i like that there is more personality there.
            Unofficial Enforcer Model
            Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys, Ill revert the team colours of slider as suggested but i should note these are taken with bright lights in play, so on most of the current levels the skins arent as bright/colourful as they appear here. They use almost the exact same colours as taye is already using on his default skin, so colour schemes shouldn't stand out too much from his. I know the Gold is Still not perfect though as its only on the decal and not a gold material which ill admit would help it shine more. I did check to see if the slider skin was still mostly team colours at a distance though so visibility wise, it 'should' be ok in play even as is. The point of having so much gold was for it to stand out (TC were always blinged out with gold trim) and it didn't do so as much with the team colours the other way round.
              There is also the issue of the 1p arms, i tried a few things but couldnt get them to switch the material over, but i noticed the team colours dont work in the game anyhow so im guessing its something that still being worked on. Ill keep looking though maybe ill come up with something
              Originally posted by zedmaster View Post
              I want them ingame. Now.
              Well you can download and use them already, you just cant see them in official matches :P
              Last edited by Kingaz; 12-10-2015, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Those skins look extremely good, good as Epic

Many THX for sharing them !

One little thing................ how do we install / insert them into the game ????
                Stevie's corner
                Maps : DM-Valas, DM-Thaq, DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Oh sorry steve, after downloading them place them into your UT save directory, Usually C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\MyContent for .paks its just where everything goes after you "Share" it with the editor, so im not sure if its the Proper way to do it, but they show up in the select screen ingame. As mentioned before though, you'll only be able see them online if you host like with the current cloud settings. Offline/local they should be all good though

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaz View Post
                    Oh sorry steve, after downloading them place them into your UT save directory, Usually C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\MyContent for .paks its just where everything goes after you "Share" it with the editor, so im not sure if its the Proper way to do it, but they show up in the select screen ingame. As mentioned before though, you'll only be able see them online if you host like with the current cloud settings. Offline/local they should be all good though
                    THX Kingaz

I've copy the files under the Paks directory and I can see the skins ingame.

I can say that Taye-Mk2, Rook, Rook-Team Lead look gorgeous I don't really like color sheme of Rook-Slider (personal taste ofc) but the quality is as good as the others I've notice few things :

1. No matter which skin I choose in the character page, in game, they all use Taye harm?
                    2. I see 2 times Rook-Team Lead in the skin menu instead of Rook and Rook-Team Lead?

For clarity purpose, can I can suggest you rename the skins so they could be listed like this :

Rook
                    Rook Team Lead
                    Taye MK2

Again, excccccccccelent work !!!
                    Stevie's corner
                    Maps : DM-Valas, DM-Thaq, DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta

Comment

omg nailed it!

Comment

Thanks again for the feedback steve, i was in a bit of a rush resetting mk2 and rook for compiling, i had them as base blueprints so the mesh offset was off and i obviously missed a few things, My bad, i have re-uploaded rook with the name fix, it was supposed to be how you described. Yeah the arms im still trying to work out, just trying to swap out the materials for now, but no joy so far. There are arm meshes in the DefaultCharacter bp but we have to use the CharacterContent class for these and theres no 1p mesh/materials section in them. Sorry bud, its the last thing im waiting on really before they are complete as well.
                        edit* i just had a quick look to, seems none of the official characters swap their hands over either, swear i recall seeing some necris hands at some point though.
                        Last edited by Kingaz; 12-12-2015, 02:58 AM.

Comment

So I updated Slider again, Changed the decals back to white as the gold didnt seem to be getting much love, kept the eagle crests though so it still differs from the others a bit. The white definitely makes the team colours seem to stand out more. I may come back and add a proper gold material and do some fancy trim/embossing, but next update probably wont be at least till we have alternate arm meshes working properly. Thanks again all for the feedback.

Comment

Hey Kingaz!

New Slider look much better with white I've add it to my collection All of them look awesome! I'll keep all of them for sure, so THX very much

PS: I presume this is your final 1.0 version ? If so, I suggest you add a version number in your thread title so it's easier to know which version your characters are

Excellent work m8 and will share the info at my blog later!
                            Stevie's corner

Comment

So...

Because of your great talent and awesome skins, my UT4 custom characters collection is born

THX m8
                              Stevie's corner

Comment

Working...
                              X