• replied
    can't wait yem : >

is lightnig gun still remotely hopeful to happen

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^__^ yayy \o/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I will be showing Robot Faction WIP renders on the Wed. March 2nd stream. I will also be picking a few community pieces of art to showcase so if you would like your work to be considered send me a PM otherwise I will pick from what is posted by end of day tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Same to me!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Guys i hope the Robots come this Year in the UT Pre Alpha

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Forge View Post
    AAWWWWWWWW MAAAN.
    I hadn't seen those shots before. I've now got a massive artistic ***** for UT4. We can totally do some awesome stuff with that aesthetic.
    DAMMIT I hate that I was contracted and had to come off this for so long! I've missed so much development. I really wish we had a design bible or something for those coming on. Trying to catch up and read through the threads is hurting my face.
    I hadn't seen the Flicker channel either! Weird from me who's been following the development for a while. There are some fascinating concepts on pages 2 and 3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Schau erst mal auf deinen bescheuerten namen BigFatErik dann k├Ânnen wir weiterreden

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BigFatErik View Post
    ^^ does anyone know how to set up a filter so I don't have to see "Chris UT4" posts?
    Click on nickname > View profile > Add to ignore list.
    You mean...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^^ does anyone know how to set up a filter so I don't have to see "Chris UT4" posts?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Pete give new Pics for the Robots?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That way we could vary the visual language a little, and instead of giving players "good-better-best" (where they'll most likely always choose "best"), we give them variety and personality.
    Yeah this is a good idea, and still can fit with the Tier of bot idea, but gets around the weak -> strong stumbling point.

You have your repurposed mining bots, which, while not built for combat, proved they were capable additions to the tournament. (Tier 1) (Industrial look, more exposed mechanisms, heavy equipment style)

Then the tier2 bots were a more special purpose tournament built set, or other promotional models like Devastation from UC2. (perhaps more artistic or sporty shells like the 2k4 bots)

Tier 3 bots were the advanced combat AI's built specifically for warfare, but being demoed in the high levels of the tournament as a showcase to prospective buyers. (The WarMachines and BloodFist style bots)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Forge View Post
    As much as i like the "weak stonger strongest" hierarchy, i don't think it fits UT?
    Considering UT has always traditionally been a level playing-field, why define that some robots are more armoured than others? Or more designed for combat? Ultimately it will make no sense in-game since they will be equally as efficient. We may as well have dudes in their jocks vs fully-armoured Necris.

I know this is an Epic dev decision and will ultimately go through, but I feel like we're just setting up for a class of robots no-one wants. I can't imagine many people are going to look at that model of the base robot and say "I want to play as that". Similarly, what's the use of having a robot that looks like it could take a rocket when it is ultimately as weak as a bot with no armour?
    The bots in UT3 were unique and ultimately at the same armour level as everybody else. Why not, instead of hierarchy, we have clans or different brands or something? That way we could vary the visual language a little, and instead of giving players "good-better-best" (where they'll most likely always choose "best"), we give them variety and personality.
    My thoughts exactly

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well that concept robot looks great(model looks bad tho, not true to the concept)!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This concept is pretty much detail over design aka what i criticized UT3 since always :P. And this concepts creeps into Warframe level of bizzare detailing and twisted shapes. UT'99 and UT2k4 due to technical limitations was more desing and less detiling just for sake of detailing.

However... What i like is bodytype which is not used for robots that often (Pretty much what Shranzar introdced to this topic). I could see robot with this bodytype for Virus or Cyclops.

Also camo material used to cover some of its body is quite neat idea.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X