This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I don't think it's intended to be a concept for Xan himself but for one of his possible team mates.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @V-vrus
    Well... for me it is not concept for a Xan. Spoiler itself won't make it Xan if other key features like thin horizontal visor or flat head are missing. For me it can be Blood Fists robot. Especially since it is so colourful.

@Slaught
    Well... if it is UT2k3 cartoon level of colourful, then this is imo too much. But using some brighter colours and placing sposor stickers on it is interesting idea.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh sh*t I understood, I don't know how, it was for Xan, my bad

What if it is a tinted glass like that?

with tons of captor behind, hidden for aesthetic purpose

I'll try to draw something for this lovely faction
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    think it looks really cool!! I love the head, and the lines, and the angles, and a bunch of things! For some reason, the orange coloration does strike my eye as a bit odd. Dunno why, it just does. Other than that, i like it.

Like Henrik said, the facelessness might be a touch boring, maybe try doing a mock up with some sort of... visor eyeline? not necessary, but worth a shot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks awesome henrik!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Blue team edition:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I agree about the facelessness being a touch boring but other than that it's neat. I don't think every robot in Xan's faction should necessarily have spoilers though, it's one of the things that made him unique and will get boring very fast. Here I do like it but just sayin', for others thinking of drawing up concepts.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think both the color and style are cool and I don't see a problem with all the robots in the Liandri team having different colorschemes. I would love to see some bright and colorful designs similiar to those of race cars or monstertrucks with promotional stickers of different unreal universe coorporations or something.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree with Fartuess for the color, Xan has to be green.

But it's always cool to see other color to fit him, particularly a not so used one like Orange, if I may say so.

There's one thing which bothers me in this contribution: there is no eyes (or eye-band). May be a good thing though, some sort of blind-killer-bot. But in my opinion, eyeband on Xan is as mandatory as the grip behind his head, and the green color.

PS: You say it's a quickie, like really? How much time do you need to draw this? I'd love to contribute to my favorite character but unfortunately I can't draw so good so fast.
    And if my English isn't correct, that's completely normal!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To be honest the thing that makes it not fit current style is you choice of colour. After recolorization it might be quite close to what we want.

It is to Xan what Torch was to Malcolm in UT2k3
    Last edited by Fartuess; 01-25-2016, 08:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey!

Thought I'd jump in on the bandwagon, concept-wise....

I really like the idea of 3 "subclasses" of robot faction (I'm going to say Liandri, since I personally think that's always been a great name...very brand-y).
    I also loved the "sporty" feel and motifs in Gooba's earlier character work.
    Below is a quick concept I cooked up for the "strongest" class of Liandri. I've worked some "sporty" feel into the chassis, and according to the brief minimised exposed areas. The expectation would be that such a bot would be constructed of "premium" materials....maybe a semi-flexible resin in some areas?
    I've tried to reflect a little of human musculature in here too, so as to make him seem stronger than the lowly maintenance droids.

Just a quickie. Probably doesn't strictly fit the UT4 style, and needs more detail thrown in, but just a contribution for now. Will work further on more concepts and refine the visual language I think.

The spoiler makes him go faster BTW. Lol.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't think UT would be complete without some LMC advanced model supported frags

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Who else cant wait to see this faction dominating the battlefield?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mad IVIax View Post
    _Plague_
    Once upon a time, there is a redesign of the head, which looks great. In any event, the designer need explanatory 3d.

But profeccional 3D designer will not work for nothing. Therefore, at the Epic few people who could translate user arts in life. A designers among fans leave because their work is ignored.
    This head + before mentioned body + small nuclear reactor implanted in the back and Xan is ready

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by codexe View Post
    After I've seen the new design created by Gooba and YemYam I got a new idea for Xan. I really liked the proportions of the UT2K4 robots, but like the new robot design as well, so this concept is a combo of both.

Absolute very cool.

This leads me to believe that we now have two "white-skinned" character (Necris & Skaarj) and two "green-skinned" (Taye & Robot).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @_Lynx
    My opinion about rogression of this concept is that proportions are better, but at a cost of something i think was important in the first one. Concepts mentioned by MadMax are lacking angularity and flat top of the head. Xans head in concept you mentioned proportionwise is ok, but it has some details added that breaks the other important aspect of first concept - simplicity of detail.

I might try to model a sketch of 1st / 3rd head hybrid.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X