X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    There's a much more recent version available:
    Originally posted by Shraznar View Post
    from the official post I bring you some ideas I made along side their choice of mechanery.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    _Plague_
    Once upon a time, there is a redesign of the head, which looks great. In any event, the designer need explanatory 3d.

But profeccional 3D designer will not work for nothing. Therefore, at the Epic few people who could translate user arts in life. A designers among fans leave because their work is ignored.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mad IVIax; 01-15-2016, 07:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @_Plague_
    The only issue i had with it was head proportions (bit too long and bit too flat). But now you mentioned it, it kinda looks like hare :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mad IVIax View Post
    Guys, take for example the work of this guy:
    https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...racter-design)
    In my opinion, Shraznar understands how to make a beautiful, powerful and brutal character robots.

Omg, this picture posted 4.23.2015 and it is still no one made a model and add it to the game?

Well, it still does not have models on the arts Aberiu. Seriously, guys, you need to stop ignoring brilliant ideas.
    I can't say this concept is perfect and I think the head needs redesign, I would call him robo-hare, not Xan

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You mean like in UT3?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @Mad IVIax
    Yup. I still think that this is the best Xan concept so far.

Originally posted by BigFatErik View Post
    ^^
    Xan is already an established character with a certain kind of "look". That concept art is totally drool-worthy for that character, but we still dont know what the devs are cooking up. For all we know, this "phase three" style of bot already looks kinda like that!! It sure is taking a long time, but we just have to wait and see.
    Imo some robots and robot factions should be outside all of those phases. Phases are for mass produced robots. Not for experimental projects or custom crafted ones. The Corrupt and Xan himself are this kind of robots.

Originally posted by Shraznar View Post
    Its because I haven't provided anything more than that picture, and its difficult to model without more info on how he actually looks in my mind. There was another who was modelling his head, again I dident give him much to work with.
    I would be able to model the head from that :F

Originally posted by e1vp View Post
    I don't know I am right to post it here, but i wish robot voices to be like on this video
    Alien had menacing voice too

@codexe
    Nobody is saying that this concept is bad. It just fits other robot faction archetype, not the one you declared it for. It looks like advancement from Goobas phase 1.
    Last edited by Fartuess; 01-12-2016, 07:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't know I am right to post it here, but i wish robot voices to be like on this video

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe the wrong direction I've chosen, but who knows. I think a bad concept is only which doesn't exist. Sometimes we have to go to the wrong way, to know what and where to improve. Thats not so big problem. I can do as many as I have time for. Shraznar's idea is really awesome though I haven't seen a complete one, it fits to the ut universe. UT Devs are the bosses, they will decide which direction should we go.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mad IVIax View Post
    Omg, this picture posted 4.23.2015 and it is still no one made a model and add it to the game?
    Its because I haven't provided anything more than that picture, and its difficult to model without more info on how he actually looks in my mind. There was another who was modelling his head, again I dident give him much to work with.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When this Year come the Robots Phase 1?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^^
    Xan is already an established character with a certain kind of "look". That concept art is totally drool-worthy for that character, but we still dont know what the devs are cooking up. For all we know, this "phase three" style of bot already looks kinda like that!! It sure is taking a long time, but we just have to wait and see.

while this is probably the best concept art for Xan i've ever seen, and would surely make for an awesome model, you gotta remember that the devs have some sort of idea for "progression" going on, and theyre trying to make something at least a little new. We still dont know what this whole progression thing is all about, but I think it's going to tie into the core of the market place and XP levels, so we're just going to have to wait and see what they come up with.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Guys, take for example the work of this guy:
    https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...racter-design)
    In my opinion, Shraznar understands how to make a beautiful, powerful and brutal character robots.

Well, it still does not have models on the arts Aberiu. Seriously, guys, you need to stop ignoring brilliant ideas.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mad IVIax; 01-12-2016, 08:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/unrealtournament/

This link is perfect material to extrapolate art data from. Thank You.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Definitely perfect for Xan's team, I would actually like to see other models with similarities to him as Xan has always seemed like a bit of an odd man out designwise.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X