Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the wrong direction I've chosen, but who knows. I think a bad concept is only which doesn't exist. Sometimes we have to go to the wrong way, to know what and where to improve. Thats not so big problem. I can do as many as I have time for. Shraznar's idea is really awesome though I haven't seen a complete one, it fits to the ut universe. UT Devs are the bosses, they will decide which direction should we go.
    I love Unreal, and I love art. Being in paradise..

Comment

I don't know I am right to post it here, but i wish robot voices to be like on this video

Comment

@Mad IVIax
        Yup. I still think that this is the best Xan concept so far.

Originally posted by BigFatErik View Post
        ^^
        Xan is already an established character with a certain kind of "look". That concept art is totally drool-worthy for that character, but we still dont know what the devs are cooking up. For all we know, this "phase three" style of bot already looks kinda like that!! It sure is taking a long time, but we just have to wait and see.
        Imo some robots and robot factions should be outside all of those phases. Phases are for mass produced robots. Not for experimental projects or custom crafted ones. The Corrupt and Xan himself are this kind of robots.

Originally posted by Shraznar View Post
        Its because I haven't provided anything more than that picture, and its difficult to model without more info on how he actually looks in my mind. There was another who was modelling his head, again I dident give him much to work with.
        I would be able to model the head from that :F

Originally posted by e1vp View Post
        I don't know I am right to post it here, but i wish robot voices to be like on this video
        Alien had menacing voice too

@codexe
        Nobody is saying that this concept is bad. It just fits other robot faction archetype, not the one you declared it for. It looks like advancement from Goobas phase 1.
        Last edited by Fartuess; 01-12-2016, 07:52 PM.
        Unofficial Enforcer Model
        Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

You mean like in UT3?
          The new UT is coming along nicely...
          Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Originally posted by Mad IVIax View Post
            Guys, take for example the work of this guy:
            https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...racter-design)
            In my opinion, Shraznar understands how to make a beautiful, powerful and brutal character robots.

Omg, this picture posted 4.23.2015 and it is still no one made a model and add it to the game?

Well, it still does not have models on the arts Aberiu. Seriously, guys, you need to stop ignoring brilliant ideas.
            I can't say this concept is perfect and I think the head needs redesign, I would call him robo-hare, not Xan

Comment

@_Plague_
              The only issue i had with it was head proportions (bit too long and bit too flat). But now you mentioned it, it kinda looks like hare :P

Comment

_Plague_
                Once upon a time, there is a redesign of the head, which looks great. In any event, the designer need explanatory 3d.

But profeccional 3D designer will not work for nothing. Therefore, at the Epic few people who could translate user arts in life. A designers among fans leave because their work is ignored.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Mad IVIax; 01-15-2016, 07:50 AM.

Comment

There's a much more recent version available:
                  Originally posted by Shraznar View Post
                  from the official post I bring you some ideas I made along side their choice of mechanery.
                  "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                  - RenegadeRetard

Comment

@_Lynx
                    My opinion about rogression of this concept is that proportions are better, but at a cost of something i think was important in the first one. Concepts mentioned by MadMax are lacking angularity and flat top of the head. Xans head in concept you mentioned proportionwise is ok, but it has some details added that breaks the other important aspect of first concept - simplicity of detail.

I might try to model a sketch of 1st / 3rd head hybrid.

Comment

Originally posted by codexe View Post
                      After I've seen the new design created by Gooba and YemYam I got a new idea for Xan. I really liked the proportions of the UT2K4 robots, but like the new robot design as well, so this concept is a combo of both.

Absolute very cool.

This leads me to believe that we now have two "white-skinned" character (Necris & Skaarj) and two "green-skinned" (Taye & Robot).

Comment

Originally posted by Mad IVIax View Post
                        _Plague_
                        Once upon a time, there is a redesign of the head, which looks great. In any event, the designer need explanatory 3d.

But profeccional 3D designer will not work for nothing. Therefore, at the Epic few people who could translate user arts in life. A designers among fans leave because their work is ignored.
                        This head + before mentioned body + small nuclear reactor implanted in the back and Xan is ready
                        Check out my work!
                        | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
                        | Localization

Comment

Who else cant wait to see this faction dominating the battlefield?

Comment

I don't think UT would be complete without some LMC advanced model supported frags
                            LoPing
                            Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Hey!

Thought I'd jump in on the bandwagon, concept-wise....

I really like the idea of 3 "subclasses" of robot faction (I'm going to say Liandri, since I personally think that's always been a great name...very brand-y).
                              I also loved the "sporty" feel and motifs in Gooba's earlier character work.
                              Below is a quick concept I cooked up for the "strongest" class of Liandri. I've worked some "sporty" feel into the chassis, and according to the brief minimised exposed areas. The expectation would be that such a bot would be constructed of "premium" materials....maybe a semi-flexible resin in some areas?
                              I've tried to reflect a little of human musculature in here too, so as to make him seem stronger than the lowly maintenance droids.

Just a quickie. Probably doesn't strictly fit the UT4 style, and needs more detail thrown in, but just a contribution for now. Will work further on more concepts and refine the visual language I think.

The spoiler makes him go faster BTW. Lol.

Attached Files

Comment

To be honest the thing that makes it not fit current style is you choice of colour. After recolorization it might be quite close to what we want.

It is to Xan what Torch was to Malcolm in UT2k3
                                Last edited by Fartuess; 01-25-2016, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X