Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Fartuess for the color, Xan has to be green.

But it's always cool to see other color to fit him, particularly a not so used one like Orange, if I may say so.

There's one thing which bothers me in this contribution: there is no eyes (or eye-band). May be a good thing though, some sort of blind-killer-bot. But in my opinion, eyeband on Xan is as mandatory as the grip behind his head, and the green color.

PS: You say it's a quickie, like really? How much time do you need to draw this? I'd love to contribute to my favorite character but unfortunately I can't draw so good so fast.
    And if my English isn't correct, that's completely normal!

Comment

I think both the color and style are cool and I don't see a problem with all the robots in the Liandri team having different colorschemes. I would love to see some bright and colorful designs similiar to those of race cars or monstertrucks with promotional stickers of different unreal universe coorporations or something.
      Current Projects
      Custom Thunder Crash Skins - WIP/Download
      Custom Necris Skin - Alanna - WIP

Comment

Blue team edition:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I agree about the facelessness being a touch boring but other than that it's neat. I don't think every robot in Xan's faction should necessarily have spoilers though, it's one of the things that made him unique and will get boring very fast. Here I do like it but just sayin', for others thinking of drawing up concepts.
        Attached Files

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
        Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Looks awesome henrik!

Comment

think it looks really cool!! I love the head, and the lines, and the angles, and a bunch of things! For some reason, the orange coloration does strike my eye as a bit odd. Dunno why, it just does. Other than that, i like it.

Like Henrik said, the facelessness might be a touch boring, maybe try doing a mock up with some sort of... visor eyeline? not necessary, but worth a shot.
            ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
            Frag video featuring Rookie
            Frag video featuring Phantaci
            Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Oh sh*t I understood, I don't know how, it was for Xan, my bad

What if it is a tinted glass like that?

with tons of captor behind, hidden for aesthetic purpose

I'll try to draw something for this lovely faction
              Attached Files

Comment

@V-vrus
                Well... for me it is not concept for a Xan. Spoiler itself won't make it Xan if other key features like thin horizontal visor or flat head are missing. For me it can be Blood Fists robot. Especially since it is so colourful.

@Slaught
                Well... if it is UT2k3 cartoon level of colourful, then this is imo too much. But using some brighter colours and placing sposor stickers on it is interesting idea.
                Unofficial Enforcer Model
                Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

I don't think it's intended to be a concept for Xan himself but for one of his possible team mates.
                  Current Projects
                  Custom Thunder Crash Skins - WIP/Download
                  Custom Necris Skin - Alanna - WIP

Comment

Thanks for the awesome input guys! This is just a super rough initial design, so there's more coming, but i'll address what's been said on it, since there's some great points.

Firstly, who the heck is Xan? I'm a little bit of a lore n00b....I just consider this as a concept for the robot faction "strongest" class.
                    The visor design does seem a little boring, true....the thinking behind it was that a bot made for battle wouldn't have components like sensors etc. out in the open to be shot. In future iterations I'll try to make it more interesting though.
                    The spoiler was an afterthought....just a thing to help with sillhouette. I don't intend on making it standard throughout my concepts.
                    The colour-scheme was also quickly put together to reflect the "sporty" feel. It might look better with battle damage and wear. Future colour-schemes will be made to fit the colour combos I think UT4 is going for.
                    Someone asked about speed....this took an hour or two? Can't remember. In terms of a "rendered final" concept, this is quickly done and quite rough.

I'll keep concepting, and start really exploring the design possibilities. Thanks for the super input guys, keep it coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mad IVIax View Post
                      _Plague_
                      Once upon a time, there is a redesign of the head, which looks great. In any event, the designer need explanatory 3d.

But profeccional 3D designer will not work for nothing. Therefore, at the Epic few people who could translate user arts in life. A designers among fans leave because their work is ignored.
                      This is really awesome design if you ask me. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Forge View Post
                        Firstly, who the heck is Xan? I'm a little bit of a lore n00b....I just consider this as a concept for the robot faction "strongest" class.
                        This is really good especially if you don't know who Xan Kriegor is. He was the final boss in Unreal Tournament 1999 and he was one of the bosses of Unreal Tournament 2004. In UT99 when you get all the way to the end of the Tournament and have to fight him on his space ship 1v1 Deathmatch for the first time it was terrifying because he was unique and no one else in the game was like him. His taunts, his voice, his fighting style; He was with out a doubt a Champion.
                        Keep up the good work!

~
                        Attached Files

Comment

He's the leader of The Corrupt, Liandri's robot team in the tournament. His original model led the AI uprising on LBX-7683.
                          The new UT is coming along nicely...
                          Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Thank you! I've always loved the universe but was never one to read up on it, so that passage really helped. He sounds like he would be a total badass to design. I wonder if this UT is getting an SP mode?

Comment

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
                              There's a much more recent version available:
                              That orange one is pretty badass, and fits well with the concept on the first page. I dig those shapes, and it feels very‚Äč functional. Great stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                                Blue team edition:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                                Why do I see an EVA there? You can (not) win.

Comment

Working...
                                X