X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OUTSTANDING !

Really great job on it !!!

Comment

Just for fun I thought I'd stick the original concept's head on this one to see if it could still work as an alt head.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks even better IMO ^^
        Well the head from today's concept looks a bit too much helmet-shaped and makes me think too much of an human character.
        With the old head it's perfect.

Comment

the Cylon like visor is overall the best part of the already great new model. Together with the Robo-Cop like body desing => very cool work Pete!

And i assume this Cylon like visor 'face' offers ton's of opportunities for dynamic in-game mood expressions by manipulating the material and color in real time.

Really looking forward when this model will be availaible in a future build, and can only imagine like fantastic the more 'brute/raw/agressive' bot faction will look like! Thanks for this model!

Comment

Originally posted by YemYam View Post
            Hey Riddick, glad you see an improvement. Could you show me which 2k4 robots you thought were way cooler and what aspects appeal to you? Maybe we can pull some design elements from them in future bots. Also, examples of what you think is a mean looking bot would be helpful as we all have different perspectives on what constitutes cool and mean.
            well to be fair with all of the robot and cybernetic fraction representatives look scary, but mostly renegade and syzygy from robots and xan/axon from cybernetics also lets not forget skaarj clanlord is half cybernetical half biological.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Corrosion.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	344796 the reason why he looks so cool is it has no human skull, it is a killing machine, sharp edges from face to toes he seems like he'd kill you with anything

now as to Click image for larger version

Name:	bw_xan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	403.6 KB
ID:	344797
            need there be said more about the face that stares into your soul and basically loque of 2k4. Now bodywise xan axon cyclops virus were a bit of fatsies like juggernauts and stuff they can be leaner i suppose, but i'd really love different aniamtions as 2k4 did. for example each race had it's own way to double jump dodge or wall dodge. there were other models that were fluffier like enigma/divisor but overall body still screamed killer. now as to new models i like where they can go as basic rebel bots but legs need tweaking they look ugly atm

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
              It has been stated that this UT is a reboot. So I'll say no time ? It's (supposedly) still is the MK1 ?
              musta missed that part as I didn't know that.

Yea, not sure where these fit into the lore, Jim B would be a better person to ask on that front. I can say this will not be Xan or any other named or major bot from UT fiction. It is simply our first entry level bot design so there will be tons of time to discuss how Xan and the more evolved designs will look.

-snip-
              no I know that I was just curious and figured it was as good a time as any to ask

any way as to not flood with quotes your post #350, second image just screams a taunt that should be "halt, present hall pass!"
              The original Dongle Player #45111

Comment

The new head reminds me more of a cyborg (kind of a Robocop vibe like Mr Van mentioned) than a robot. I prefer Mangley's version with the old head on the new body, and further I'd like to see the leg plates broken up a bit. The thigh plates in particular are maybe a little too human in shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Van View Post
                  the Cylon like visor is overall the best part of the already great new model. Together with the Robo-Cop like body desing => very cool work Pete!
                  Agreed.

Funny how people always pick arbitrary things to compare the visor to though, I mean hello:

Even Xan has a visor.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                  Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

The problem is not the visor itself but the human shaped head.
                    Xan is meant to me a mistery, between a robot and a man in armor.
                    Lower-tech bots are made to look just like bots.
                    Oh and btw, the visor is a bit too deep in the helmet and shouldn't give him a good vision field...

Comment

Cool, very-very cool! Too human, but it's not a problem: Skaarj also turned to people, so that's fine.
                      A small criticism)))
                      1)Barrel rear belt. What sense in it? This grenade? The tank of gas, but for some reason it is nowhere connected? Actually it reminds me of this:

Oh, I understand what it is: a container with oil, so that the robot could satisfy their hunger after a heavy battle. Clever.

2) Rags on the shins. Exotic, but for what?)))
                      3) The main sticking wires in sight. It was possible to cover them at least a little))) This problem is more with the first concept.
                      Attached Files

Comment

[MENTION=9771]YemYam[/MENTION] great to see some progress on this it was well worth the wait, awesome work as always

I really like the material to cover up the looser parts and the grunge white is my favourite variant there. I like what [MENTION=8844]Mangley[/MENTION] did with the head too for an alternate. Overall Im more pleased with the direction this is taking now, I feel as though this is a solid step forward and towards getting Xan in the game too.

Well done Epic
                        Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by toninus View Post
                          The problem is not the visor itself but the human shaped head.
                          That's why head options are a thing. To me the shape is one of the best things about it.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                          Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

so beautiful, great job yemyam. i especially love the look of the eyes im sure there will be a LOT of awesome skins for those bots!

Comment

Really cool and unique robot!
                              The effect that a material change can make is really interesting.
                              The “dirty” material makes it look like an underdog struggling through the tournament ranks.
                              On the other hand, the slick black makes it look like an inexperienced but promising contestant!

Something that bugs me from the moment I saw it in the stream is the small tank on its back.
                              I would like to see how the side-view looks without it!
                              I think it would make the slim waist line more pronounced.
                              It makes me happy that you kept the slim waist line from the first model/concept.
                              Its a characteristic that can help players distinguish a robot's unique silhouette from afar!

Edit: Concerning the head now, I have to say that I like it a lot.
                              It looks like it had a metal plate hiding the “mouth and nose” area and made it look like an everyday robot designed to interact and work with humans.
                              After it was re-purposed for the tournament it ripped the face-plate off to be more intimidating! It took this idea form a horrible mining accident that He caused!
                              The end…
                              Last edited by darksinn3r; 03-03-2016, 11:44 AM.
                              Maps:||DM-TournamentGrounds||CTF-TitanGuard||DM-RelentlessMachine||
                              Weapons:||Tridium Impaler||

Comment

Here is my work in progress renders from the stream today. Comments, crits, questions welcome. I'll fold in as many changes as I can as long as it doesn't involve starting over.

I didn't saw the stream but what I see today, is really WOW

Great job YemYam, as always
                                Stevie's corner
                                Maps : DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                                Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Working...
                                X