X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Mr Van View Post
    the Cylon like visor is overall the best part of the already great new model. Together with the Robo-Cop like body desing => very cool work Pete!
    Agreed.

Funny how people always pick arbitrary things to compare the visor to though, I mean hello:

Even Xan has a visor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The new head reminds me more of a cyborg (kind of a Robocop vibe like Mr Van mentioned) than a robot. I prefer Mangley's version with the old head on the new body, and further I'd like to see the leg plates broken up a bit. The thigh plates in particular are maybe a little too human in shape.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
    It has been stated that this UT is a reboot. So I'll say no time ? It's (supposedly) still is the MK1 ?
    musta missed that part as I didn't know that.

Originally posted by YemYam View Post
    Yea, not sure where these fit into the lore, Jim B would be a better person to ask on that front. I can say this will not be Xan or any other named or major bot from UT fiction. It is simply our first entry level bot design so there will be tons of time to discuss how Xan and the more evolved designs will look.

-snip-
    no I know that I was just curious and figured it was as good a time as any to ask

any way as to not flood with quotes your post #350, second image just screams a taunt that should be "halt, present hall pass!"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by YemYam View Post
    Hey Riddick, glad you see an improvement. Could you show me which 2k4 robots you thought were way cooler and what aspects appeal to you? Maybe we can pull some design elements from them in future bots. Also, examples of what you think is a mean looking bot would be helpful as we all have different perspectives on what constitutes cool and mean.
    well to be fair with all of the robot and cybernetic fraction representatives look scary, but mostly renegade and syzygy from robots and xan/axon from cybernetics also lets not forget skaarj clanlord is half cybernetical half biological.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Corrosion.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	344796 the reason why he looks so cool is it has no human skull, it is a killing machine, sharp edges from face to toes he seems like he'd kill you with anything

now as to Click image for larger version

Name:	bw_xan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	403.6 KB
ID:	344797
    need there be said more about the face that stares into your soul and basically loque of 2k4. Now bodywise xan axon cyclops virus were a bit of fatsies like juggernauts and stuff they can be leaner i suppose, but i'd really love different aniamtions as 2k4 did. for example each race had it's own way to double jump dodge or wall dodge. there were other models that were fluffier like enigma/divisor but overall body still screamed killer. now as to new models i like where they can go as basic rebel bots but legs need tweaking they look ugly atm

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the Cylon like visor is overall the best part of the already great new model. Together with the Robo-Cop like body desing => very cool work Pete!

And i assume this Cylon like visor 'face' offers ton's of opportunities for dynamic in-game mood expressions by manipulating the material and color in real time.

Really looking forward when this model will be availaible in a future build, and can only imagine like fantastic the more 'brute/raw/agressive' bot faction will look like! Thanks for this model!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks even better IMO ^^
    Well the head from today's concept looks a bit too much helmet-shaped and makes me think too much of an human character.
    With the old head it's perfect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just for fun I thought I'd stick the original concept's head on this one to see if it could still work as an alt head.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OUTSTANDING !

Really great job on it !!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome Live Stream today, nice work on the mech and Chill. During this cold storm, it's heart warming.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Now you have created something I WANT TO PLAY ...!!!
    GOSH DARN IT!!!

I like the faces of the first render/picture as well. I hope we will get more heads for this faction.
    *JOY*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's my color variant.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow I really like this new guy! I like how the DNA of the old concept still comes through, but this time he's beefy enough to not look like a complete pushover. I also really like that flowing form across the back and shoulders that gives him sort of a masculine/bodybuilder silhouette.

My biggest criticism would be the face, I feel the way the face deviated from the concept is kind of a downgrade, particularly the eye and jaw areas. Not sure if you tried them and it didn't work, but the segmented eye slats look a lot more interesting than the cylon-esc visor And as for the jaw, in the concept the cheek(?) plates kind of come down and meet another part in the middle to form a sharp, complete jawline that's a little stormtrooper-y, but the model's same plates just kind of jut out on their own looks a little awkward to me personally.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really like this new direction with the model. I liked the old one too but putting them side by side I can see why all the changes were necessary. This new one feels like it has a lot more weight and density to it. The forms are a lot stronger and more balanced too. Biggest improvement is definitely in the arms and feet. I especially like the beat up grungy skin.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    IMO this new bot doesn't look as funky as your former, more industrial concept; and isn't either as impressive and intimidating as Shraznar's ones. It looks more like a cop or soldier bot who made its way to the tournament. So I think grey, dark blue or camo skins would fit him better.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The reason why we produced a few different renders with different colors and levels of grunge is so you guys could experiment with paintovers for different skin/texture variants. How would the uber sinister version look? What would it look like if they were painted like football uniforms as a purely sport model? Or a racecar with racing stripes?

The forms are pretty versatile and as many people have already noticed how the materials are applied will dramatically affect how you perceive the robot. I'd love to see some experimentation from the community in addition to potential crits/tweaks.
    Last edited by YemYam; 03-02-2016, 05:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X