Team Ronin (Red Team) Zbrush Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Ronin (Red Team) Zbrush Model

I can't allow my friend and fellow staff artist, Joeliepoo, have all the UT art fun. He's been posting an awesome Skaarj model.

About 3 years ago I took a stab at sculpting a Ronin model based off of a UT 3 concept. I had a ton of fun with this personal project, and learned a great deal. Learning our craft is a constantly evolving process, so as you could imagine I learned a lot since this guy was sculpted. I would go about his creation in a drastically different way... which would improve his quality and certainly his creation time.

Anyway... I'm not sure if the Ronin will have a role in the future of UT but I wanted to share what I have. I hope you dig it. Please share any comments, crits, feedback, etc. I'd appreciate it... and who knows... perhaps I (we) can improve this guy and he'll get a role within this title...?

For starters I have been thinking about adding a helmet to him... he's screaming for one that matches his armor's flavor. Also... a female version would be fun!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Baggh; 03-22-2016, 07:33 PM.

Ronin concept

Here's the concept I used for this guy...

Attached Files

Comment

Awesome work!

Comment

I love it I simply love it
        About your helmet idea.. I think if you do put one on, it would have to be quite bulky, and you might need to do some work around the neck armour
        But I personally think this character doesn't need it.
        Can't wait for the finished model!

Comment

Looks pretty good, very reminiscent of the UT3 style skins (could be good or bad, depending where you stand).
          NoBrainsNoAims^ // nbna^
          My movies on YouTube:
          UT2k4: UT~]i[mmortalZ Part 1
          , Part 2 / UT~]i[mmortalZ 2 / UT Immortalz 3
          UT4: Rocket Jumping - Titan Pass

UT4: Frag Highlights #1 / #2 / #3 NEW

Comment

Thanks for the compliments... appreciated! Here's a color version executed in photoshop (painted over a grayscale Zbrush render) that I used to flush out various aspects before moving onto the polypaint phase.

Attached Files

Comment

Looks great Baggh. I'd absolutely love to see where you could take this guy now with your upgraded knowledge. Would even be really cool to see you knock out a female version with this Ronin style/aesthetic. That would be Epic. Nice to see some UT3 style work posted here. The Ronin (my opinion) were the most visually unique characters in UT3. I think it'd be a great artistic and fun challenge to translate/merge the UT3 style with this new UT style. Looking forward to future posts from you Baggh!

Comment

AWESOME work [MENTION=260998]Baggh[/MENTION]!

A helmet would be an interesting addition.
                Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

What the ... .
                  GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

Fabulous character I must say PLZ add it to the game! The more HQ content we get, the better
                    Stevie's corner
                    Maps : DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                    Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Thanks so much for the positive comments. You guys are firing me up to revisit him. The next few weekends I'll be busy with my current game's work... but I am going to circle back to this guy soon. For starters I'm going to scale down his head a smidgen, which will visually bulk up his armor. Also execute an updated "battle damage\wear" pass on his armor. Additionally I would like to do a few quick helmet thumbs that I will share on here. If you have any conceptual ideas for some helmets, please share!

Comment

That is one badass model Baggh!

I'd love to see the Ronin be in UT4 but you would need to quite seriously trim down the bulky armor to get something closer to the current in-game character silhouettes. He would fit in seamlessly with the characters in UT3 but in UT4 characters need to fit the hitboxes much closer so stuff like the neck shielding, massive shoulder pads and arm guards and boots would have to be redesigned to fit the character more closely.

Comment

Wow, gorgeous! As others said, it reminds me of ut3 models which are a bit too bulky for my tastes but... Great work!

Comment

YES! RONIN! As some people already suggested, you need to make this armor much smaller - remove shoulder pads, reduce his boot size etc. I'd suggest for you to keep the basic visual cues of this fraction, but redo it from scratch. Red color with white stripes for armor plates, tight black cloth underneath, no armor on hands except for gloves... you know better, you've studied those concept arts . And I would love to see Reaper, Jester and Prophet among new faces (I guess Othello will come back to Thunderclash this game). I'm tracking your thread from now on!

Comment

I absolutely love it! I knew where it was from the moment I saw it. Beautiful job!
                              Stacey Conley
                              -----------------------------
                              Unreal Tournament Community Manager
                              Epic Games, Inc.
                              Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Working...
                              X