Male Necris Cadaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Male Necris Cadaver

Hi guy's, I have been working on this character for a while now so here is a work in progress.

I have not yet added all the parts to the body as of yet, still mixing and matching with plugs and pouches.
    Spend a good deal of time working on the materials,found it pretty challenging.
    The decals and certain surface details have not been applied yet, but you can expect some similar stuff like the female necris I made.

hope you guy's like it so far

Big thanks to Jim Brown for being there with every step of the way, Thanks!

Attached Files
    Cyphir - stay Zen

Unpant him and add a robot skull = ubercool!
    GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

Wow, very-very nice! But this stupid pants... I hate Epic for this strange style for UT Universe.

Comment

That is rad, awesome work xenomon!
        Current Projects
        Custom Thunder Crash Skins - WIP/Download
        Custom Necris Skin - Alanna - WIP

Comment

Not to focus on the negative, but to chime in about the pants, it's the biggest thing that sticks out to me about these. You've totally gone to town on the upper body and developed an identity, and then you look down and... (insert wa-waooo disappointment horn here).

The Upper body is great, especially on the black and chromed version, and the one directly after that.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
          Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

^^ I'm glad someone else brought it up first, but yeah... The necris really shouldnt be wearing BDU's. Everything looks great from the head down to the waist, then you get to the legs and the air gets let out of the excitement balloon. Quality-wise, the pants look fine and dandy. But it's just weird kinda "meh", I dunno...

What kind of pants WOULD a necris wear? I really like one of Gooba's early concept art pieces for a necris model:

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...s-Loque-Design

If the area around the crotch were a little tighter, I think those pants would fit perfectly on your top model. Just my own opinion.

Your work is pretty sweet, and I could totally see that in game. But if youre making the top part, how about spicing up the bottom as well?
            ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
            Frag video featuring Rookie
            Frag video featuring Phantaci
            Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Thx for the response people, I do have a feeling to explain myself on why I went for the BDU pants.
              The BDU pants style was established by Epic games long before I made this character.
              Having pants or mech legs like the upper body is a big difference and at the time, it felt like a too big of decision to make on my own.

I merely stayed within these parameters, shown in the image here. Kind of a mix between Malcolm and Samael.
              When I was finished modeling it was brought to my attention that mech legs were also being made and that I could go ahead and make them too.
              I want to finish this character first, and maybe in the future, I might make mech legs for this character. I checked out a character model of Visse in the engine.
              And she does have some cool mech legs.
              Attached Files
              Cyphir - stay Zen

Comment

Yeah, we know why you went with BDU pants - youre just following the "style" of the current models. Even the skaarj model is wearing camouflage pants if you look hard enough, which is just plain silly. That's really interesting about "mech legs" though... I don't know anything about that, but it sounds intriguing!!

Your top half does look like it fits right in, and I could see that coming straight from Epic. So good job on that!! Do you plan to do anything with the face to make him really pop as his own unique character? And do you have a name for him?

We're really due for an art update in this game, so I hope we can see him in game soon!!
                ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
                Frag video featuring Rookie
                Frag video featuring Phantaci
                Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Im with other people in the thread about trying some mech legs, Im really liking the chrome on black and Im wondering how that would look full body
                  Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Thx BigFatErik,

I used Cadaver, one of the head's I sculpted in this thread : https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...s-head-sculpts
                    Plan to give him a military haircut, somthing short like a marine or something.Have some more texture work to do on his head.
                    Maybe add some geometric designs like I did for Necroth, wich is currently running in game. Hope this one will too.
                    Cyphir - stay Zen

Comment

[MENTION=43932]xenomon[/MENTION] this is a really awesome looking model dude, congrats!

You nailed the upper body on this one, looks really interesting and cool. The legs look fine to me and in-line with the established Necris base characters. Feels like people are forgetting in the long run that cosmetic items will go over the top of the characters, if people don't like the BDU style legs maybe there will be some bad *** Necris leg armor to go on top! We don't really yet know how the character modularity / customization stuff is going to work in the long run or how the final Epic Necris characters are going to look.

Comment

[MENTION=8844]Mangley[/MENTION] thats true we dont know how its going to work and I personally would prefer if the pants went over the top of something else since they are too baggy to really allow creative freedom. Anything created to go over the top has to be quite larger to cover the puffy bits, pouches etc.

I just feel as though no clothing goes more with the name of Cadaver I guess. I think its great that this is so closely inline with Epics work which is just amazing, Im not sure I even agree with Epics direction for the lower body or boring boots, I just very much doubt standard military boots will be any good in a future where humans have colonized other planets and spend sizable amounts of time in space.
                        Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=8844]Mangley[/MENTION] really appreciate it.
                          Cyphir - stay Zen

Comment

I think the pants would work ok with another texture, as long as it matched the top better, that's all that I'm saying. Why this digital camo thing is somehow the only untouchable element for Necris is beyond me.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                            Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Maybe you could add some sort of codpiece that extends from the sixpack to help tie it together and make it a bit more futuristic looking?
                              Current Projects
                              Custom Thunder Crash Skins - WIP/Download
                              Custom Necris Skin - Alanna - WIP

Comment

Working...
                              X