Male Necris Cadaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xenomon View Post
    as for now, none of the things you mentioned, unfortunately.
    The only one from epic who responded to this character(if I am not mistaken) was Entropy.
    So i'm calling it quits.

Working for months and not getting any feedback from epic kinda takes the fun out of things. would be helpful if I got " some " direction.
    with no real feedback it is virtually impossible to determine if I am on the right track or not (with what the look for the necris should be, or what developers have in mind).
    If one has to start making assumptions on what some one else would want to see,, well things will go off the rails pretty fast.
    The community has been invited to contribute in anyway they can,I feel that if there is a response to that there should be some guidance whether or not a design is going in the right direction or not.
    I myself feel I wasted a lot of time working on this character.

I promised Aberiu I would do some work on Freylise and that will be my last project I will be working on, cheers.
    The lack of a response might be because you're already on the right track and they don't have anything to add besides "good job", which is what the community is here for. I'm not trying to downplay your frustrations or anything. I can only imagine that feeling like the people you're doing work for couldn't really give a **** isn't fun, but perspective is key. It's a small team and they have their own work to do. They can't be on the forums babysitting every single project. If you feel like you need direction, get in touch with them and ask them directly what they think.

IIRC they've never made any bones about it, the community's work is supposed to be self-sufficient for the most part. It was never intended for any fan project to be dealt with as closely as something done internally at Epic because it's just not possible.

Comment

^^ yeah but that's kinda BS. They could say something along the lines of "hey, we project to have more marketplace development X amount of time from now, so hold on to your project until then. Un the meantime, we put your contact info on our master list, and we'll help you out as much as we can when the time comes". I PM'd flak on the forums a while ago myself about a hacker and got nothing, so try discord instead. I know for a fact that someone else PM'ed her on the unreal tournament facebook and got a relatively quick response, so that's another way to do it.
      ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
      Frag video featuring Rookie
      Frag video featuring Phantaci
      Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatErik View Post
        ^^ yeah but that's kinda BS. They could say something along the lines of "hey, we project to have more marketplace development X amount of time from now, so hold on to your project until then. Un the meantime, we put your contact info on our master list, and we'll help you out as much as we can when the time comes". I PM'd flak on the forums a while ago myself about a hacker and got nothing, so try discord instead. I know for a fact that someone else PM'ed her on the unreal tournament facebook and got a relatively quick response, so that's another way to do it.
        Except they can't because they don't know when market place stuff is going to be the focus. Game development isn't like construction, there's no drawings going through everything in excruciating detail from start to finish. It's way more abstract. Them fiddling around with the values and working on FR, a mode which might not even ever be used for anything, is a prime example, man. Like, for example, if they were able to do what a lot of people want them to do then nothing would be changing. Things would be implemented and that'd be it. The numbers would get put in and that's the way they'd stay forever. You see what I'm saying? They can't tell us "this is when we're gonna be doing X, so we'll be back with our list of names and help you out then" because they don't know when that's gonna be besides Soon™.

The devs do pop in and help when they can. I've seen one guy offer to personally help some guy with his map when the update broke it, and I'm sure that when xenomon gets in touch with them and asks for an opinion and some direction, somebody will look through this thread eventually (which is the best they can do) and do that. People seem to expect the moon from these guys when they're already terribly understaffed as is to do their own jobs, let alone help with ours.

Comment

except they used to highlight good community work/design in the weekly streams
          this gave people inspiration to keep up their good work
          then the streams became fortnightly

then they cancelled them altogether so they could focus on a 'better' way to communicate with the community
          that was 3 months ago, and nothing new has surfaced

i can understand why people who put their heart, soul and time into contributing, would walk away at this point
          no communication, no direction, and a game that hasn't improved in 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by bacon buster View Post
            except they used to highlight good community work/design in the weekly streams
            this gave people inspiration to keep up their good work
            then the streams became fortnightly

then they cancelled them altogether so they could focus on a 'better' way to communicate with the community
            that was 3 months ago, and nothing new has surfaced

i can understand why people who put their heart, soul and time into contributing, would walk away at this point
            no communication, no direction, and a game that hasn't improved in 12 months.
            Highlighting people's work is nothing like actively participating in it, I'm not sure how you decided those two things were equal in terms of time and effort expended.

I understand it too. Even just as a player my breaks are getting longer and longer so I can only imagine that if I were trying to make something for the game it'd be way more frustrating. I never said their communication was perfect or even good, all I said was it's hilariously unrealistic to expect them to be flying all over the forums helping with literally everything. Also, it's worth remembering that the more angry mob-ish people get, the better the odds are that they just give up on dealing with us altogether. It's already happened on certain sub-forums, the devs just don't go there anymore because all they get for their hard work is "wow u guys suck laern how to make a ****in game". Communication is a two-way street, if we want them to be around jumping into discussions people can't be constantly jumping down their throats every time they try something and it goes less than stellar.

I haven't played since they gave out that infiltrator mask last year (I forgot the email for that account, so alas and alack on that front) and the only thing that seems to have really changed is the Flak is too good now. That's horribly disappointing, I agree. The thing is the devs aren't morons, they know that, and shouting it at them isn't helpful nor needed. If the game isn't progressing fast enough for you, do what me and a lot of other people have done and will do again, take a break. Getting angry is a detriment to everybody involved on both sides. The angrier we get, the more withdrawn they get.

Comment

Originally posted by Hiff View Post
              The angrier we get, the more withdrawn they get.
              This exactly.
              We have in Germany an old saying "Der Ton macht die Musik." = "The tone creates the music" what means, It's not what you say, but how you say it.
              ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Man I was hoping at least you got in touch with them. Oh well...
                ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

I wouldnt worry about it too much man, When the marketplace IS up, it looks like you already have a following, and the quality is superb, Im glad you gave me the chance to help you out and will be here if you need it again in the future (just give me some time to respond, i tend to give the forums a break every now and then) ill get back to you soon with the updates, and hopefully some shiny paintjobs
                  Oh and as for that blue haze some people have spotted on the team colours, Its just a little tweak i made to the default "characterFX" settings (i think). Something i have been trialing lately but forgot to mention to xenomon :S One is the EmissiveMin setting, which gives off that frensel-like effect InVader mentioned, and it already seems to be hooked up to the Solo/Team Distance colour so the values of the team/base colour distance glow needed to be less intense, As Default they are set to pretty much Glow like neons, which these do not anymore, but the raised emissive value makes it visible at all times anyway, so they are still fairly visible, as an extra plus this stops models from ever going completely black in shadows, as theres still that faint fake glow. I dont want to drop an ad in someone elses forum but ill post more info on this elsewhere when certain skins get an update. You May see a similar effect come into play on those. The idea was to make them more visible and team colour more recognizable without overlaying the full body in a glow, honestly i think this effect is almost useless now with how bright lights are and how their effects seem to work in UE4. But you can bet i will be playing with the settings some more and ill post some screenies of them in the distance and diff light settings.
                  Anyways, back to the Important Peoples! Keep up the good work xenomon, Cant wait to see Freylise completed! Take care
                  @papercoffee hey man, Trial and Error! make a copy of one of the Mat_Inst in the ue4 and play with some of the numbers you see. Seriously though, just having a look and combining some effects together might produce something people like, if it wasnt for the extra 4 team colour settings, this effect can be applied to all the default chars by changing 2 numbers in settings they already have :P
                  Last edited by Kingaz; 08-11-2016, 08:26 AM.
                  My Contributions - misc concept art.
                  Taye Skins - Skin Downloads

Comment

Working...
                  X