Female Skaarj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
    I'll be honest, I'm against the "under-developped" queen idea. I'm all for the Hybrid experimentation by NEG however.

Since the Skaarj queen is the pinnacle of Skaarj society (you live and die for her), it would be unwise to make drastic changes to her, as it could make her produce "inferior" or weaker Skaarjs or make her totally infertile.
    And for the Skaarj queen lifecycle (from Pupae to fully mature), I don't know if she need to fight or have a stage like that. Skaarj Queen are incredibly rare, and probably the only way the Skaarj can reproduce. So it is vital that she remained protected (and so avoid conflict) and be able to produce offspring as soon as possible.
    ^This …absolutly this!!!
    ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
      I'll be honest, I'm against the "under-developped" queen idea. I'm all for the Hybrid experimentation by NEG however.

Since the Skaarj queen is the pinnacle of Skaarj society (you live and die for her), it would be unwise to make drastic changes to her, as it could make her produce "inferior" or weaker Skaarjs or make her totally infertile.
      And for the Skaarj queen lifecycle (from Pupae to fully mature), I don't know if she need to fight or have a stage like that. Skaarj Queen are incredibly rare, and probably the only way the Skaarj can reproduce. So it is vital that she remained protected (and so avoid conflict) and be able to produce offspring as soon as possible.

But well... if everybody else want it to go the other way... then be it, I'll just be disappointed.

Aside from all the fluff bickering, the model is really well made.
      It just needs to be explained properly:

"NAME is a rare example of a weak/infertile/defected (possibly human hybrid for emotions?) queen producing offspring. It became apparent that MOTHER_NAME would not be sufficient when she began to produce weak/dead/flawed drones which would never be fit to fight with the skaarj.
      After seeing the monstrosities that MOTHER_NAME had created, the skaarj took to destroying her litter to rid themselves of their shame. Weak, MOTHER_NAME had managed to save one offspring.. a female.. she put her last effort into raising NAME, cultivating her hate towards the race of skaarj.
      NAME now fights in the tournament because she hates skaarj, e.t.c e.t.c"

You get the idea, defected, possibly human-ish mother gives birth to defected children, one of which is female, female is the only one that has any fighting prowess, female hates all skaarj because mum said so

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTheF4rth View Post
        It just needs to be explained properly:

"NAME is a rare example of a weak/infertile/defected (possibly human hybrid for emotions?) queen producing offspring. It became apparent that MOTHER_NAME would not be sufficient when she began to produce weak/dead/flawed drones which would never be fit to fight with the skaarj.
        After seeing the monstrosities that MOTHER_NAME had created, the skaarj took to destroying her litter to rid themselves of their shame. Weak, MOTHER_NAME had managed to save one offspring.. a female.. she put her last effort into raising NAME, cultivating her hate towards the race of skaarj.
        NAME now fights in the tournament because she hates skaarj, e.t.c e.t.c"

You get the idea, defected, possibly human-ish mother gives birth to defected children, one of which is female, female is the only one that has any fighting prowess, female hates all skaarj because mum said so
        I still dislike this idea.

The Skaarj aren't an emotive race (well not like the humans), and seems strongly attached to be "pure", in the sense that they despise everything that aren't themselves. So if a malformed Queen appeared, they'll probably just outright kill her and her weak offspring, to preserve their race, and let another one take the place.
        I don't even know if in order to produce a new queen, they need to directly birth one, or use another method like a royal jelly or something else on a Pupae. Actually, aside the Queen stage, we don't know how the only known female Skaarj type evolve. Who knows ? Maybe it's actually the strongest male warrior Skaarj that evolves and become a Queen ? (yeah okay... honestly it's just improbable )
        Remember that phrase : "Weakness shall be punished" from Unreal, they won't let any weaklings take their lead.

Comment

you... literally repeated what I said
          Emotive queen, deformed litter, escapes with 1 female offspring (there doesn't seem to be any lore saying she can't have one), teaches daughter to hate skaarj, *boom* tourney material
          Queens can teleport right? I feel like its totally viable this one got away, perhaps she was actually stronger than everyone else, but had hormone defections or something (would be funny to think of a skaarj having too much testosterone :P)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTheF4rth View Post
            you... literally repeated what I said
            Emotive queen, deformed litter, escapes with 1 female offspring (there doesn't seem to be any lore saying she can't have one), teaches daughter to hate skaarj, *boom* tourney material
            Queens can teleport right? I feel like its totally viable this one got away, perhaps she was actually stronger than everyone else, but had hormone defections or something (would be funny to think of a skaarj having too much testosterone :P)
            How can the Queen be emotive ? They're lizard-insect with a savage mind and the ideal to be the superior race. There's almost no place for caring or love, only domination and pride. And yes she can teleport, but to what extent ? only a few steps ? only inside the base ? Is it innate ? Or is it a special device that she need ? Because this abilty can be extremely limited (and I do believe so, otherwise the Queen in Unreal should have just teleported away to be safe) and/or exhausting.

Okay she's strong. But we don't know how this "malformation" affect her. Is she weaker than a normal queen ? What is eventually missing ? And even if she kept her natural strength, I hardly believe she can escape the fury of an entire race. Especially one as savage and willing to fight as the Skaarj.
            And even with a malformed daughter, when does the humanoid stage of the Queen appear ? As I said before, it would be unecessary, as the most efficient is just to go into the full Queen stage to directly start breeding. They don't need to fight unless directly threatened, they have an entire race at their feet for that, so that humanoid stage is pretty much useless. And no a malformation does not change you like that.

Hmmm... **** I ramble so much on the lore ! First the Necris, now the Skaarj. I seriously need a Lore thread... or do it myself.

Anyway I think we should go back on the model instead of just arguing on the story no ?

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I did consider the lore especially the fact that previously the only female Skaarj was a queen but I also considered that the NEG may have been experimenting and came up with a female hybrid type. Surely Garog deserves to be unhappy in love as well. I appreciate the passion surrounding the Skaarj and glad that it has garnered such a response.

@Sly I love your paint overs they are really help to me in pushing the model further. I especially like V1, V2 is equally as good and would be helpful in giving a more unique silhouette but not sure if they may prove to be a minor annoyance for her if they get in the way of her primary arms when grabbing items near her belt etc. I going to use your ideas from the V1 to push my model in a similar direction hopefully I can do your work justice. I have till the 22nd to finish my work for University but that doesn't mean I can't persist with the model further down the line (afaik) once my work has been submitted to the University.

It was suggested to me to try to push a differing hairstyle to try and push that she is actually female across to the player, I'll be keeping the dreadlocks as they are synonymous with the Skaarj but playing on the way they appear on the head (Tied up or along those lines).

I'll keep you guys updated with my progress as I push closer won't be much progress for the rest of this week / weekend as I work full time so will be in work during this period but hopefully should be able to push some more polygons about.

Again thanks for the comments and feedback. Oh I have another module to do over the summer months for a portfolio piece and was already considering creating another character for UT4 so if there are any suggestions for any characters that people would like to see then shout out.

Comment

[MENTION=14867]Darkloser[/MENTION]
                It is a thread for the female skaarj, we are talking about the female skaarj, I see nothing wrong with that :P
                I'm pretty sure wail has a lore thread, you could post and discuss it there, I would like to see some kind of loophole that allows her into the game

Originally posted by IronMonkey View Post
                Again thanks for the comments and feedback. Oh I have another module to do over the summer months for a portfolio piece and was already considering creating another character for UT4 so if there are any suggestions for any characters that people would like to see then shout out.
                go crazy! you're making something new and people like it, I'd love to see something like a golem (remember they can be made of practically any material), or some kind of mr crow/harlequin spinoff: some crazy character which is known for loving pain and eating eyeballs!

Comment

Yes it's true that we're discussing the female Skaarj, but we were discussing lore when it's about art and modeling. So I just thought that to actually help IronMonkey we might need to stay a little more on the modelling side.

The NEG has already done Skaarj hybrid using Human and Skaarj NDA, so it's highly possible that they also used a human woman for their experiment, resulting in that semi warrior-skaarj looking with a bigger breast and slimer body.

If there's already a lore thread, I would like to see it, so I could go nuts !

As for a new character :
                  If it is something that we have already seen before, I would really like to see the Nightmare team, and especially MISTER CROOOOOOOW ! come back and think of how they could evolve and better fit in UT.
                  If it is something totally original, then... a Nali cow/Human hybrid ! Because I have no idea !

Comment

Actually before I settled on the Skaarj idea I wanted to do Mr Crow or Makreth from Firestorm

Comment

Originally posted by IronMonkey View Post
                      Actually before I settled on the Skaarj idea I wanted to do Mr Crow or Makreth from Firestorm
                      Abaddon We need him back!!
                      ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
                        Abaddon We need him back!!
                        Abaddon ?

You said Abaddon ?

(Mister Crow rules !)

Comment

No, I'm talking about Mr. Crow's boss...
                          https://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Black_Legion

Can you resist such a cute smile?

Spoiler

Comment

Hooooo, you mean Abaddon !

Am I good this time ?

*cough* to get back on the topic... Yeah Nightmare team would be fun.

Comment

Don't get caught up on lore, unless you're using it to talk specifically about the model (nice additions, Sly). I'm sure IronMonkey would rather hear comments on his art than drowned in Unreal 1 lore that has (arguably) limited relevance.
                              Jim Brown
                              @EntropicDev
                              Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
                                Don't get caught up on lore, unless you're using it to talk specifically about the model (nice additions, Sly). I'm sure IronMonkey would rather hear comments on his art than drowned in Unreal 1 lore that has (arguably) limited relevance.
                                But... But... I like lore ! D:

Well the question was more or less "what is exactly a female Skaarj in Unreal ?". Most people want models to fit somewhere or in some manner in the universe... at least when it's something that can be related. I suppose Bunny paladins with candies would be rather hard to fit in it.

But yeah now we can just said it's a female Skaarj, it's just a model, it's non-canon and just here for fun ! Screw where it comes from !

Comment

Working...
                                X