No announcement yet.

Female Skaarj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a while since I've seen a female skarrj, not since Mactom's Skarrj Hybrids for UT2004.

It's interesting because there's different backstories for each of the female skarrj. One was created by a rich, perverted man who wanted to have an obedient female skarrj to make love to, only to get brutally murdered and the skarrj was crying. If I recall.

Still, this model looks awesome thus far.
    Attached Files

Comment

Not in work today so I've managed to push the model further. Broken up the armour and clothing a bit more as per Sly's paintover. I'll be doing a lot of regular updates as I progress over the next few days so the thread may get flooded.

Attached Files

Comment

A few more progress shots.

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, [MENTION=4096]Entropy[/MENTION]!

Very nice, [MENTION=255131]IronMonkey[/MENTION]!
          I see her left side (arm, leg) already got modifications too. Seems like they work with the rest - so far.
          I would suggest to increase the height of the central vertical stripe going from her throat to her waist a bit to make it more dominant. The idea of that element was to be a nod to the Queen's armor design, so basically a "female Skaarj touch" to the armour that some of the Unreal players might recognize or feel some familiarity about.
          The other thing I could suggest is to change some of the rounded armour plate shapes to a more edgier look for that raw Skaarj feel (unless that's just a WIP shape and you planned to do that anyway, then disregard this). It will also feel more in-line with the chest plates and leg plates which are rather edgy (also on Garog, the male Skaarj). Right now they are still in contrast to it.

Looking forward to more progress.
          Last edited by Sly.; 04-13-2016, 01:54 PM.
          S l y .

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
            Garog, the male Skaarj Hybrid
            Fixed it
            ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by SX View Post
              It's been a while since I've seen a female skarrj, not since Mactom's Skarrj Hybrids for UT2004.
              Outside of the Queen, those're the ones I was familiar with...

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
              Skaarj Queen are incredibly rare, and probably the only way the Skaarj can reproduce.
              Only way for pureblood Skaarj. The hybrids were created by humans monkeying around with Skaarj DNA. Read somewhere, can't remember where, female hybrids was an idea for the sex-trade... which was abandoned when the female hybrids attacked and tried to eat the people paying for them.
              Maybe it's actually the strongest male warrior Skaarj that evolves and become a Queen?
              Variation on "he's not a Queen, he just likes to dress that way"??

You're close, though... excepting there's not that many male Skaarj. Despite how most of them look, Skaarj are basically gender neutral with 2 exceptions: Queen & Warlord. The strongest Skaarj of any grouping evolves into a Warlord who then gets to mate with the Queen.
              How can the Queen be emotive?
              PMS?
              Last edited by EvilGrins; 04-13-2016, 07:58 PM. Reason: wisdom
              Have you hugged a Skaarj today?

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/

Comment

Oh not trying to be rude, but is there a reason for the '**** in a box'?

I mean flat shapes suck for armor so...?

It looks like the thing opens up like a secret joke weapon.

Overall quality, seems to be on par with the current skaarj model.
                Last edited by Ashenwraith; 04-13-2016, 10:17 PM.

Comment

I'm probably way too late with this, considering how far you are into creating the mesh, but why not just turn it into a queen-human hybrid? Give her deformed versions of the stabby-stabby thingies, and umm... about... 6-8 ****, the backward growing horn/ear/hair thingies on her head.
                  Check out my work!
                  | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
                  | Localization

Comment

Originally posted by EvilGrins View Post
                    Only way for pureblood Skaarj. The hybrids were created by humans monkeying around with Skaarj DNA. Read somewhere, can't remember where, female hybrids was an idea for the sex-trade... which was abandoned when the female hybrids attacked and tried to eat the people paying for them.
                    I know that. I even mentioned it. Generally when I say only "Skaarjs", then I'm mentionning pureblood strains. Other wise I use "Hybrids"

Variation on "he's not a Queen, he just likes to dress that way"??

You're close, though... excepting there's not that many male Skaarj. Despite how most of them look, Skaarj are basically gender neutral with 2 exceptions: Queen & Warlord. The strongest Skaarj of any grouping evolves into a Warlord who then gets to mate with the Queen.
                    I just said that as a joke initially. Now as a hive like society, and lacking any information about the lifecycle of the Queen... you can speculate everything.
                    Warriors are also known as males, as they are the Skaarjs that fight and try to become the Warlord. There's nothing about the Troopers' gender however (but I strongly think they're also males). The only true genderless Skaarj I can think of is the Pupae.
                    PMS?
                    Maaaybe... If they have one !

Comment

Originally posted by Ashenwraith View Post

I mean flat shapes suck for armor so...?

It looks like the thing opens up like a secret joke weapon.

Overall quality, seems to be on par with the current skaarj model.
                      I'd like to point at the official Skaarj (hybrid - explicitely mentioned for you, [MENTION=34994]papercoffee[/MENTION] ), which in fact does have that box as well. It's just a matter of tweaking proportions in terms of width to get the same thing, but in essence, the male one got a box on his chest too. Right now it is more or less a (WIP) variation of that armour.
                      Anything can be tweaked and broken up yet.
                      S l y .

Comment

I'd like to point at the official Skaarj (hybrid - explicitely mentioned for you, @papercoffee ), which in fact does have that box as well. It's just a matter of tweaking proportions in terms of width to get the same thing, but in essence, the male one got a box on his chest too. Right now it is more or less a (WIP) variation of that armour.
                        Anything can be tweaked and broken up yet.
                        Yeah but it's a guy. If you have **** squished in a rectangle that's painful as hell to fall on or get something smashed into it.

Forces need to be deflected and distributed. It also makes the character bizarre and masculine which seems to defeat the point of having a female.

Plus it's kind of weird because from the side it's defining the bewbage.

It needs a well-placed bevel not a box. You can make the bevel have a rectangular mesh, but it should create a buffer zone.

Comment

I'd like to point at the official Skaarj (hybrid - explicitely mentioned for you, [MENTION=34994]papercoffee[/MENTION] )
                          lol ...thank you
                          ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Just to put it out there, "Skaarj" is both singular & plural. It's like "sheep". Using "skaarjs" just looks wrong.
                            Originally posted by Ashenwraith View Post
                            A Skaarj female doesn't likely have boobs. Look at normal reptiles and/or insects (outside of many sci-fi genres) unlike mammals they don't have external "*****".

Only the full fledged Skaarj-Queen has something approaching to appear like them... but unless this female hybrid can shoot weapons-fire from them, there's really no point.
                            Last edited by EvilGrins; 04-15-2016, 10:44 AM. Reason: order
                            Have you hugged a Skaarj today?

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/

Comment

Just to put it out there, "Skaarj" is both singular & plural. It's like "sheep". Using "skaarjs" just looks wrong.

A Skaarj female doesn't likely have boobs. Look at normal reptiles and/or insects (outside of many sci-fi genres) unlike mammals they don't have external "*****".

Only the full fledged Skaarj-Queen has something approaching to appear like them... but unless this female hybrid can shoot weapons-fire from them, there's really no point.
                              If that's true than the armor should be for a flat chest, but it's not--it's got boobs from the side.

A female hybrid I'm guessing has ****--which isn't a problem. It just doesn't look right armored.

Comment

Hi Ashenwraith, I created the model and armour with her breasts in mind. I haven't made them massive as I wanted her to come across as being athletic and I'm sure any woman with large breasts will tell you that it hurts to run with them nevermind jumping through the air shooting at other people. I've included a picture of the early model showing that the breasts are there just that they are covered up by the armour now. As for the armour I wanted the model to fit in with the game in it's current state and Garog's armour is quite blocky, square and whilst advanced looks like it has been made up from pieces that he has found lying around (Mad Max-esque?). I was never going to have the armour conforming to the shape of the breasts of the character as this doesn't fit in with body armour on females in real life which looks externally the same as a males.

Anyway another update on the model so far.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X