Female Skaarj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronMonkey View Post

Hilariousest pic of any model dev so far.
    GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

Need to write something here post is less that 10 characters!

Comment

Lol, woman body... head and tail of a lizard Although everything on the new canon, new Skaarj also look like humans.

Comment

I really hope you consider this character as a Skaarj Hybrid due the woman (human) body. I'm a bit worried, because I'd love to see this character in game...

Here you are some suggestions: you should stretch the occipital bone (the rear zone of her head). Consequently, I think the neck is quite slender for a warrior like her.

EDIT: I forgot to tell you: are you sure to keep that backbone posture? It looks she's got a hyperlordosis.

-Luigi Rapetta
          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
          Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Hey rapfamily4 thanks for the comments and feedback.

I've made some adjustments based on your feedback.

Yeah the title is misleading I see her as a Skaarj hybrid.

Comment

I'll wait for updates.

-Luigi Rapetta
              (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
              Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Where is epic team? This is some good stuff here!! Specially the paintover!

Comment

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
                  Where is epic team? This is some good stuff here!! Specially the paintover!
                  You right! Only [MENTION=4096]Entropy[/MENTION] replied to this thread...

QUOTE TIME!!!11!!1!!1!

-Luigi Rapetta
                  (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Originally posted by IronMonkey View Post
                    Hi Ashenwraith, I created the model and armour with her breasts in mind. I haven't made them massive as I wanted her to come across as being athletic and I'm sure any woman with large breasts will tell you that it hurts to run with them nevermind jumping through the air shooting at other people. I've included a picture of the early model showing that the breasts are there just that they are covered up by the armour now. As for the armour I wanted the model to fit in with the game in it's current state and Garog's armour is quite blocky, square and whilst advanced looks like it has been made up from pieces that he has found lying around (Mad Max-esque?). I was never going to have the armour conforming to the shape of the breasts of the character as this doesn't fit in with body armour on females in real life which looks externally the same as a males.

Yeah I know what you mean, I'm not talking about unrealistic '*** armor'. It's readability vs design, the chest piece currently reads or looks at a glance like the back of a truck or a trunk/door type thing.

With about the same amount of detail you can fit the character better and make it read more like her chest armor:

Last edited by Ashenwraith; 04-26-2016, 02:33 AM.

Comment

A looks a lot better!

-Luigi Rapetta
                      (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

I think that this is a rather uninspired model, especially the body. At the very least you could make the Skaarj look 99% more butch and less 'generic female' (is reusing body meshes a thing in your field? Is that what is happening?) Also, that rectangular box smack dab in the middle of the chest is rather awkward looking.

edit: also this may or may not **** all over the lore - arnt the females queens?
                        Last edited by EGGTHEIF; 04-26-2016, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Omg - Wtf - Heelp!!!

Attached Files
                          GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

Originally posted by EGGTHEIF View Post
                            I think that this is a rather uninspired model, especially the body. At the very least you could make the Skaarj look 99% more butch and less 'generic female' (is reusing body meshes a thing in your field? Is that what is happening?) Also, that rectangular box smack dab in the middle of the chest is rather awkward looking.

edit: also this may or may not **** all over the lore - arnt the females queens?
                            Did you even read the whole discussion in this thread?
                            Or is this just a lame attempt to troll?
                            ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Just genuine feedback on an open development game. Sorry I come from a creative background where critique's are needed constantly and accurately, and you don't take it to heart. I operate on the assumption that character design and modelling are creative fields. Just basic best practice principles, don't get offended.

Comment

Originally posted by EGGTHEIF View Post
                                Just genuine feedback on an open development game. Sorry I come from a creative background where critique's are needed constantly and accurately, and you don't take it to heart. I operate on the assumption that character design and modelling are creative fields. Just basic best practice principles, don't get offended.
                                I come from creative background as well ...and I also think critique is needed.
                                But to give proper critique, should you at least bother to look at the whole picture. In this case read the whole discussion before you accuse someone creating uninspired things or even reusing stuff.
                                Maybe you didn't mean it but you sounded pretty rude.

This model is not a pure female Skaarj but more one of the infamous Skaarj Hybrids and therefore shares characteristics with a Human female.
                                ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X