Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Female Skaarj

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Yes, a fairly generic, plain human female whose body says nothing about the character was my point. Needs way more flavour.

    Comment


      #62
      If you ever played Unreal, you would know the queen is huge. This hybrid has nothing that even hints at that and I really, REALLY don'the like it.

      It looks like a generic human female with Garog'so head stuck on. It's the least imaginative concept possible of a playable female skaarj.

      I suggest you take a good look at the Unreal skaarj queen model and think of a way to translate this to a humanoid frame.
      Last edited by Zargøthrax; 04-29-2016, 03:50 PM.

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by DutchHollander View Post
        If you ever played Unreal, you would know the queen is huge. This hybrid has nothing that even hints at that and I really, REALLY don'the like it.

        It looks like a generic human female with Garog'so head stuck on. It's the least imaginative concept possible of a playable female skaarj.

        I suggest you take a good look at the Unreal skaarj queen model and think of a way to translate this to a humanoid frame.
        To me, this is simply a human female/skaarj hybrid and it doesn't contain any significant genes from the Queen.

        Comment


          #64
          I also think it's an hybrid, probably that scientists finally what make womens womens and optained fertile hybrid skaarjs, we can even say they also are way more human in their minds, both males and females.

          Comment


            #65
            What you lot seem to be forgetting is that Garog is a pureblood trooper caste skaarj. This is a genderswapped Garog with nothing human to it except that the concept of a skaarj female somehow follows the proportions of a human female.

            If we take a look at the locust berserker from GoW, we can see a female isn't always a thinner male with ****. This is just lazy design and captures nothing of what a female Skaarj trooper would look like.

            A proposition: a new princess caste that can develop into a queen, with distinct queen-like features but a non-stereotypically female build. Something could be mentioned in the fluff about them usually living in secrecy, but using the tournament to decide who will ascend to be the next queen.

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by DutchHollander View Post
              What you lot seem to be forgetting is that Garog is a pureblood trooper caste skaarj. This is a genderswapped Garog with nothing human to it except that the concept of a skaarj female somehow follows the proportions of a human female.
              Actually the official version for Garog is that it's a skaarj warrior, not a trooper. Now the officious version (what a bunch of the commuinty think) is that it's more akin to a skaarj hybrid.

              Originally posted by DutchHollander View Post
              If we take a look at the locust berserker from GoW, we can see a female isn't always a thinner male with ****. This is just lazy design and captures nothing of what a female Skaarj trooper would look like.

              A proposition: a new princess caste that can develop into a queen, with distinct queen-like features but a non-stereotypically female build. Something could be mentioned in the fluff about them usually living in secrecy, but using the tournament to decide who will ascend to be the next queen.
              Have you actually read all the topic ? the princess like suggestion was already made.
              It's true that some races possess a greater degree of sexual dimorphism, and the true blood skaarj clearly follow this line. But if this model is considered as an hybrid rather than a pure blood, then the human female body makes perfect sense, as it's more probable that they included skaarj DNA into a human girl rather than the opposite.

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
                Actually the official version for Garog is that it's a skaarj warrior, not a trooper. Now the officious version (what a bunch of the commuinty think) is that it's more akin to a skaarj hybrid.
                Exhibit A:

                Originally posted by https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/progression
                Garog was bred for a singular purpose: to serve his Queen as a Skaarj Trooper. In this role he showed great prowess, ambition, and a drive typically only seen in the Skaarj Warrior caste. His breeding left him unsuitable for that rank, so his talents were put to use in the Arena where he proudly serves as a representative of the Skaarj Empire.
                Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
                Have you actually read all the topic ? the princess like suggestion was already made.
                It's true that some races possess a greater degree of sexual dimorphism, and the true blood skaarj clearly follow this line. But if this model is considered as an hybrid rather than a pure blood, then the human female body makes perfect sense, as it's more probable that they included skaarj DNA into a human girl rather than the opposite.
                No I have not read the entire thread but I'm glad there are others that have the same idea. The whole female hybrid thing to me feels like a HUGE cop-out. I just want all this skaarj hybrid bull**** to stop. Challenge your creativity IronMonkey. Maybe also ask Aberiu for some pointers on how to fix that god-awful copy-paste Garog face.
                Last edited by Zargøthrax; 05-06-2016, 04:53 AM.

                Comment


                  #68
                  I loved the Skaarj Hybrids ...to put it down and declare all Hybrids to bullsheet is utterly hurting my feelings.

                  Garog is a Hybrid (in my eyes) ...the true Skaarj was made by Sly and Joeliepoo in the official Skaarj thread.
                  ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
                    I loved the Skaarj Hybrids ...to put it down and declare all Hybrids to bullsheet is utterly hurting my feelings.

                    Garog is a Hybrid (in my eyes) ...the true Skaarj was made by Sly and Joeliepoo in the official Skaarj thread.
                    Ugh, people who make up their own canon even though the canon bio already states he's a trooper, then go on to bring their headcanon into discussions... Just, why? He is a trooper, not a hybrid. Get over it.

                    It's not that I disliked the hybrids in UT, but the fixation some people have with them is getting annoying.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by DutchHollander View Post
                      Ugh, people who make up their own canon even though the canon bio already states he's a trooper, then go on to bring their headcanon into discussions... Just, why? He is a trooper, not a hybrid. Get over it.

                      It's not that I disliked the hybrids in UT, but the fixation some people have with them is getting annoying.
                      Talking about fixation.

                      You know this game is pre-Alpha ...nothing is set in stone.
                      Even canon things can change ...if enough people discuss about it.
                      What happens with weapon handling and design counts also for the lore.
                      Things what wasn't canon before can suddenly become canon.
                      And who says that this female Skaarj Hybrid has no place in UT ...no one is adamant that this model should be an "official" model. The marketplace is open for everything even for non-canon stuff.
                      ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by DutchHollander View Post
                        Ugh, people who make up their own canon even though the canon bio already states he's a trooper, then go on to bring their headcanon into discussions... Just, why? He is a trooper, not a hybrid. Get over it.

                        It's not that I disliked the hybrids in UT, but the fixation some people have with them is getting annoying.
                        Should have missed the trooper part for Garog. Maybe I assumed it was Warrior because I saw the name for some Skaarj bot in previous UT.

                        The issue is that the community would like to see more consistency over the lore and the overall Unreal universe. Each version of UT put it's own elements, but often without real connection or with variation that doesn't really make sense. Look at the Necris for exemple and how they changed in each game. How can you link them or explain in a consistent way their differences ?
                        And even in this new opus some things seems strange. That's why the community "make up their own canon bio", because they want something that is ion line with what we already got in Unreal and not another mess of random thrown ideas (I exagerate but you got the idea), which explain why a lot of people feels that UT4's Garog is an hybrid rather than a pure blood, it makes more sense with what we had previously.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Okay so Im not sure what to think of this, I like the idea of a Human-Skaarj female hybrid and going outside the bounds of just the Queen from Unreal but I dont like the armour here. I would like to see the more reptilian features especially in the chest area or the lack of for reptiles vs mammals, I know the Skaarj wernt exactly reptilian and shared things in common with ants (hive colony) but I think this has abit too human of a pose and body. I think a more square shape would be appropriate even if its thin square rather than giving it child baring hips. Just think the Skaarj have warriors too, this is alittle petite and human for my liking
                          Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                            I think a more square shape would be appropriate even if its thin square rather than giving it child baring hips. Just think the Skaarj have warriors too, this is alittle petite and human for my liking
                            This is something I can subscribe... She is too fragile for a Skaarj and could have a tiny bit more masculine frame.
                            With ****.
                            ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
                              This is something I can subscribe... She is too fragile for a Skaarj and could have a tiny bit more masculine frame.
                              With ****.
                              I think I was more forgiving of the Necris Females smaller frame because of the killer beauty kind of angle going on there, it had an edge.
                              Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                                I think I was more forgiving of the Necris Females smaller frame because of the killer beauty kind of angle going on there, it had an edge.
                                Yeah, with a fem skaarj I would totally expect an amazoness type of dealio.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X