High Polygon Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Polygon Models

I know that Zbrush is Epic's sculpting tool and largely the industry standard but can we get a file that isn't ztl. I personally don't own Zbrush and Sculptris needs Zbrush installed to even use GOZ to import into it just to export it to OBJ. I'd love to paint the model up with Substance Painter or Quixel or Mudbox but currently this is impossible for me at least and I'm sure other community members as well. If anyone has any suggestions on opening the file without Zbrush I'll take those as well. I've installed Sculptris and the newest GoZ download but can't get GoZ to start up without Zbrush installed. I've tried GoB - for blender just to get the file but it also seems to tie into GoZ. I've installed the newest stand alone GoZ file but the issue seems to be that I can't configure GoZ or use it without Zbrush installed.

This obj is going to be 4gb+, at least for the necris guy. For substance and quixel you need lowpoly with bakes, not highpoly. Lowpoly, AO and normal maps are available in UT editor.
    ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

I know that the low polygon files are in the UT Editor. I think you kind of missed the point. Unless individuals have $800 to drop at one time, many community developers can't take advantage of the high polygon files provided to make changes and get better baked maps to the low polygon models. A Mudbox subscription isn't much, but the zBrush only file format becomes a dead end for many of us.

Comment

The included AO and Normal maps are already baked very nicely, and will give you a great starting point in Quixel or Substance! As Aberiu said, everything you would need is in the editor, and just do tweaks from there

Comment

Originally posted by darkhemic View Post
          Unless individuals have $800 to drop at one time, many community developers can't take advantage of the high polygon files provided
          https://pixologic.com/zbrush/trial/
          ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

Originally posted by JoshuaMarlow View Post
            The included AO and Normal maps are already baked very nicely, and will give you a great starting point in Quixel or Substance! As Aberiu said, everything you would need is in the editor, and just do tweaks from there
            curvature map? we need that one also please

Comment

Solutions:
              1: Generate curvature from the normal map and the base mesh. Most programs that can actually do something with a curvature map have multiple ways of extrapolating that data from other data.

2: Get a zbrush trial, (30 days free), and export the models provided by Epic to whatever format you want.

Comment

where are the high poly models from UT? I remember Taye and another one to use on Zbrush. I can't find it anymore (2020)

Comment

Working...
                X