X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Scorpion based race

Design notes:
    -meant to be easily reconfigured to a Skaarji skeleton
    -scorpions are closer related to lobsters and crabs than insects, the joints and second color pattern is based on crabs
    -stay away from H.R. Giger's style
    Attached Files

Great work so far! I'd like to see the torso bulked up a bit from the side. A bit of a less hunched over stance wouldn't be bad either.

Comment

"Yess - flee to Europe and make me king!"
      GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

To give him more of a true scorpion like feeling, it would effectively be a good thing if the upper part was a little bulkier. Also I think the mouth should be changed, it's to much feline like. Give it more mandibles, like a true arachnid.

(Spooky !)

Comment

I think that this is an interesting design with potential. I like the strong outline of it from the front. However, the profile is much much weaker, with an awkward sense of weight and posture. Also the crotch / hip piece looks rather bad. Looking forward to seeing you develop this further.

Comment

Thanks for the actual critiques! I did some more mouth parts, remember you can chose bits and combine them.

I'm reworking the silhouettes next.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hey, pretty cool. We'd never be able to include a giant tail like that (probably) but I like the idea of an insectoid character.

Rick Kohler

rick.kohler@epicgames.com

Comment

Originally posted by DragonL0rd132 View Post
                Thanks for the actual critiques! I did some more mouth parts, remember you can chose bits and combine them.

I'm reworking the silhouettes next.
                I really like A and D!

Just an advice: don't get closer to Halo's Elite design: keep this creature as original as possible!

-Luigi Rapetta
                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by [EPIC] Rick Kohler View Post
                  Hey, pretty cool. We'd never be able to include a giant tail like that (probably) but I like the idea of an insectoid character.
                  What about some kind of special armor designed to hold the tail with it going from the butt up towards the neck.

Like this. I know it takes away from the design but i rather have something like this than no tail at all.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Fjaru; 05-02-2016, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Your sketches are pretty nice and I also like the idea of insectoid characters in UT, but the tail is an issue as it cannot fit the actual skeleton for the characters. I think if you got rid of the tail and had the character stand more upright, it would be okay. As for the heads, I like A, C and E.
                    Last edited by Shletten; 05-02-2016, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Ideas. Eh..ended up more lobster-like than I intended. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Jragon7350; 05-02-2016, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Lobsters are yummy ! Can I eat him after I killed him ?

I think it's the way you should follow, but with less spikes and more vibrisses/fur (and another color scheme/texture). In my opinion A is the best one, I don't like the pads and the carapace on the pelvis.

As for the head I would like to see D but inverted, with the mandible on the upper... jaw ? instead of the lower one.

Comment

Is this what inspired to create Xans to this time?!
                          GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

Working...
                          X