Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] About female-robot design

Hello!
    As I noted, creation of characters for new game there is a very long time, despite a lot of finished fan art from talented artists. But is not the point.
    Of course, I doubt that in the current game will be such controversial, but extremely attractive characters as female robots, but still I want to believe in best.

As I roamed the expanses of the Internet in search of materials for beginners painting, I came across a very entertaining book about robots. And I was struck by style of female robots, which was shown there! By the way, here are some of them:

It's just a great source of inspiration! Robots look quite feminine, but at the same time like formidable opponents.
    I like this square design even more than the sleek and streamlined shape, which often swear some people.
    Most importantly, these characters will be fairly easy to creating in 3D!

Of course, I clearly see a new focus Epic for game (in last trailer about Underland i laugh, when a dying bots fell caps) so a 95% chance to believe that in game will not be female robots. But still ... think about it. It may come in handy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mad IVIax; 07-16-2017, 02:45 AM.

Did you draw these?

Comment

Originally posted by Kypperstyx 94 View Post
      Did you draw these?
      Originally posted by Mad IVIax View Post
      I came across a very entertaining book about robots. And I was struck by style of female robots, which was shown there!
      To be able to read can sometimes be an advantage.
      ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
        To be able to read can sometimes be an advantage.
        skipped that part when I saw pictures. I'm American, we do things by pictures. See any instruction Manuel ever for reference.

Comment

Originally posted by TimSwine
          Reminds me much of japanese cartoons, then actual robots.
          UT4 robots are more industrial robots that are now equiped and ready to fight, and they were made for industry workers or something.

So I don't think there should be Male or Female in robots, cause its a machine, not Human. it can't be male or female, or since this is unreal i guess you can add booty on it and a 2 melons, but imo its ...meh
          I'm talking about Corrupt team . I don't care about some boring and faceless robots miners . I want to play in a crazy and cheerful UNREAL Tournament , but not in the simulator Mining Corporation ) )

And why always Liandri, Liandri and Liandri? Weapons, robots, now vehicles, maps and much more... Why Izanagi can't build a one team robots in japanese style?

Think in different directions, or the new UT will die as fast as UT 3 with only Gears of War style (and very cool weapon design((((((((()
          Last edited by Mad IVIax; 05-26-2016, 04:50 PM.

Comment

The closest to these kind of robots are the Corrupts (UT 2k3/2k4) or Devastation from UC2 (she's probably the closest).
            Liandri Corporation is the owner of the tournaments as well as the number one mining corporation. So it makes sense that robots, that were primarly mining labor forces, are owned by them. Vehicles, scientific and technological research are the main ground of Axon however. The Phayder corporation is mainly known for the Nanoblack and Necris. So there is variety in the different faction. It's just that the Liandri is the one that is most often referenced and put under the spotlight.
            Aside from the mining domain, Liandri indeed developped robots for different tasks, as they tried home chores and tasks in UC2 with devastation, plus as the Tournament is also a show, it makes sense that they build a chassis with a more appealing look. It's like a gladiator show, you don't necessarly try to equip yourself to be efficient, but to please the crowd. Remember however that Even if they get a feminine design, motion and speech, they'll always remain cold machine without any feelings. They're in the tournament only to kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Kypperstyx 94 View Post
              skipped that part when I saw pictures. I'm American, we do things by pictures. See any instruction Manuel ever for reference.
              Haha ...ok ...I like people who have a good amount of self-irony
              ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Kypperstyx 94
                In short - pictures for inspiration. And yes, this is little revenge for your stupid movies, where russians speaks on russian like real morons

Comment

Hello everybody! I decided to digress a bit from my Stinger (the more people still want Minigun), and try to learn a draw. And I decided to start with my favorite theme - robotics. I present for you attention my first sketch.

Enigma

Spoiler
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Mad IVIax; 06-30-2016, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I think it could fit the general style of this new UT.

-Luigi Rapetta
                    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by Mad IVIax View Post
                      Hello everybody! I decided to digress a bit from my Stinger (the more people still want Minigun), and try to learn a draw. And I decided to start with my favorite theme - robotics. I present for you attention of the first sketch.

Enigma

Spoiler

OP's robot pictures are good looking, but too japanesey for UT. Mad Max's here looks like it has promise. Straight-forward and simple, looks like it could be an action figure from an 80's cartoon show. Maybe it could be better realized, but this is more the UT ethos so-to-speak.
                      ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
                      Frag video featuring Rookie
                      Frag video featuring Phantaci
                      Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

[MENTION=261162]BigFatErik[/MENTION], Kinda funny to hear that knowing thta quite a lot of sci-fi US cartoons from the 80s were various japanese series, sometimes quite heavily reedited. Also, Mad IVIax is the OP )

[MENTION=23061]Madiv[/MENTION]Iax you might want to check out some of the UT2004 designs, specifically Matrix/Enigma and Muriel from Paragon. The concept art that you posted in OP looks to be based on Nobel Gundam, so you might want to look it up as well.
                        Last edited by _Lynx; 06-30-2016, 04:12 PM.
                        "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                        - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
                          @BigFatErik, Kinda funny to hear that knowing thta quite a lot of sci-fi US cartoons from the 80s were various japanese series, sometimes quite heavily reedited. Also, Mad IVIax is the OP )

@MadivIax you might want to check out some of the UT2004 designs, specifically Matrix/Enigma and Muriel from Paragon. The concept art that you posted in OP looks to be based on Nobel Gundam, so you might want to look it up as well.
                          Yeah yeah youre right, but you still know what i mean!! And yes, mad max is the OP....... i'm a dummy who didnt bother to even check.
                          ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
                          Frag video featuring Rookie
                          Frag video featuring Phantaci
                          Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

I believe that this is the perfect option for female-robots. It is ideally perfect balance insensitivity of a machine, militancy and femininity. This is a robot, is a woman, but not human doll. Something else. And don't tell me that robots don't have a sex. Why do we represent them with masculine forms in most cases?

For example a perfect female-robot:
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Mad IVIax; 06-30-2016, 04:22 PM.

Comment

ugly ... sorry

Comment

Working...
                              X