Perish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Perish

Hi guys, wanted to show you something I've been working on the last 3 months.
    This started as a random armor variation for Freylise's basemesh, partially inspired by this concept art: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/KOqOG
    I didn't want to do anything complex and decided to go for a blocky design with swappable parts. Separate torso, arms, pants, boots, shoulderpads and attachment bags - kind of like in UT3.

This is how my highpoly mesh looked like after several revisions:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I didn't plan this to be any particular character from UT universe, but once I sculpted the face I thought she could be Perish from UT2004. Perish was a non-unique female bot using Sapphire's model, and also a team leader of Supernova, one of the weakest bot teams in game. Since the armor was nothing special I thought it could be a nice starting design for weak bots.
    Fentech logo is there mostly because I needed huge letters on her arms to showcase skinning possibilities, but if you need lore, her team could be bought by Fentech for testing low-tier equipment.

This week I finished the lowpoly mesh, it's 33200 tris without hair atm. I was aiming at ~35k to fit the official characters polycounts.

Hair is placeholder made with zremesher, if I manage to rig the character and test it in game I'll try to make something with alpha planes. I just hate modeling hair to be honest.

This is my current progress:

Base bakes done, texturing next.

If you have any suggestions regarding the texturing, team colors and custom skins, you're always welcome.

Upd. Armor texture in progress:

Last edited by Aberiu; 06-05-2016, 09:08 PM.
    ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Cool a Human Female i hope were becom soon a Human Female for UT

Comment

I hope that someday you will make this model too. Without the old characters in a new UT there is absolutely nothing interesting.

Надеюсь, что когда-нибудь ты сделаешь эту модель тоже. Без старых персонажей, в новом УТ нет абсолютно ничего интересного.

Spoiler

P.S. **** it, when the Epic will this Lauren? The concept is one of the first ((

Spoiler
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Mad IVIax; 06-04-2016, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Looks awesome, nice work!

Comment

I ADORE this gal!

-Luigi Rapetta
          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
          Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Looking Good so far Aberiu! Hope to see this in (future) builds sometime.
            LoPing
            Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

I haven't seen an attempt at armor that reminds me so much of UT99 but modernizes it so well. GJ on that. It's the most UT-feeling female in 16-17 years. She also reminds me of Thelma from Scooby Doo with the glasses on.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
              Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

The colour scheme on the last render looks great ...but I like her not so sweaty face of the first renders a little bit more. Plus the glasses are now a must have.
                ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                  She also reminds me of Thelma from Scooby Doo with the glasses on.
                  Haha thanks, you're not the first one to say that Glasses are a random attachment from another character, didn't really plan that

Some wip textures and materials in UT:

I think I need to try rigging her before proceeding with textures.
                  ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

Hope this one will be added soon. I like to play UT with female skins since UT'99.
                    (no, i'm not a girl)
                    DM-SpaceMiracle

Comment

About the skins: what about making Fentech variants using a color palette which reminds the current Link Gun?

-Luigi Rapetta
                      (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                      Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

[MENTION=7221]Aberiu[/MENTION]
                        Can you provide me the FenTech font?
                        I want to mix it with my w.i.p logo https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...os-and-batches
                        ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
                          [MENTION=7221]Aberiu[/MENTION]
                          Can you provide me the FenTech font?
                          http://www.1001fonts.com/exo-font.html
                          ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

I wonder how she'd look if her hair were dyed to match the team skin (though maybe in a more faded,streaky way).

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                            Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Not sure about hair but for team colors her armor will definitely need more colored areas. I didn't explore this stuff yet. Was thinking to add some team-colored graphics on her black clothing - pants, upper sleeves.
                              ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

Working...
                              X