Sentient AI character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sentient AI character

Sketched this, would like feedback. He's a self-aware robot made out of scrap from a junkyard.

haven't thought of a name yet. His head is one of those older Computer monitors. Thoughts?
    Attached Files

I think it look quite cartoony for this game.

-Luigi Rapetta
    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
      Yes, looking at it again it definitely looks too cartoony, I think the biggest offenders are the proportions of the head, neck, and upper chest area all relative to each other. I will make modifications to try to improve it

Comment

One cool thing about a robot character with a big screen for a face is all the stuff you could print out on the screen.
        C++: Spray prototype | Compilation Tweaks | Maps: Quayside (inactive)

Comment

Originally posted by Crafty View Post
          One cool thing about a robot character with a big screen for a face is all the stuff you could print out on the screen.
          If they add voice lines, I add letters that say 'lol' for making the character laugh, thumbs up for 'nice shot', also a heart could appear on the face when he picks up a weapon, or something like that. On death, instead of a dying scream, you'll hear the windows xp shutdown effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb2jGy76v0Y

or if he damages himself, it plays the error sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqztd7uMvVI

Comment

does this look better?
            Attached Files

Comment

I think it's better now! Are you going to design a custom character model?

-Luigi Rapetta
              (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
              Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

I couldn't resist
                Click image for larger version

Name:	JunkRobo.png
Views:	1
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	347927

...this is just too cheesy. But I like the idea.
                ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

I think it's better now! Are you going to design a custom character model?
                  I'm between moving places, so right now I only have my laptop that doesn't have blender working. As soon as I get my desktop up and running, I was going to start creating 3D models

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
                  I couldn't resist

...this is just too cheesy. But I like the idea.
                  Everyone else in this community is so talented that I feel so bad

Comment

[MENTION=250028]Bucket Meister[/MENTION]
                    This wasn't my intention... *sigh*

You doesn't have to feel bad. Do you really think I could draw like this without practising every day?
                    Talent is just the willpower to practise ...it's nothing special.

Ok btt:
                    I made this sketch just to show you and give you an inspiration how you could change your idea toward a more fitting design for UT4 ...it's still cheesy.
                    But I would definitely buy/download a funny model when it's out...
                    ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

chappie goes to places

what the hell

Comment

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
                        @Bucket Meister
                        This wasn't my intention... *sigh*

You doesn't have to feel bad. Do you really think I could draw like this without practising every day?
                        Talent is just the willpower to practise ...it's nothing special.

Ok btt:
                        I made this sketch just to show you and give you an inspiration how you could change your idea toward a more fitting design for UT4 ...it's still cheesy.
                        But I would definitely buy/download a funny model when it's out...

After looking at how you did it, I really liked the sense of depth and the thicker, more adult proportions. I want his left arm to be the more flexible arm that needs armor and plating because it's fragile, but the right arm to be a lot more heavy duty, sense it absorbs the recoil from the weapons firing.

I also would like to keep the heart monitor being a separate piece of electronic that's hooked up to him. It's like he was a regular computer and had sentience modified onto him. I think I could move the left shoulder closer in though, that would give a better visual balance.

What do you guys think?
                        Attached Files

Comment

I think robocop prototype approves your idea:

Spoiler

I also think heart could be made of something like PSP or similar stuff (i.e. more familiar/repurposed things instead of custom body parts - like engine parts, plumbing hoses, batteries, power tools and such).

This example is not so related, but it made from auto parts (if you look closely, you'll see barrels are exhaust pipes, legs have oil pans, coil springs and so on):

Spoiler
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by exo7341; 08-01-2016, 03:53 AM.
                          - got sig? -

Comment

Consider that the arms and hands you will see in first person will be the same from third person model. This feature will be implemented in the game as soon as possible...

You should make hands designed to carry weapons, featuring at least opposable fingers.

-Luigi Rapetta
                            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Consider that the arms and hands you will see in first person will be the same from third person model. This feature will be implemented in the game as soon as possible...

You should make hands designed to carry weapons, featuring at least opposable fingers.

I screwed up the perspective on the second image, but I wanted the right arm to be the heavy duty arm. I tried to put something in like a car suspension, something that absorbs impact. The gauntlet could be made to be the same size or smaller than the fore arm, not sure what I should do with it

also, what would guys think about a tire shoulder pad? I kind of like the idea that his right side upper chest is kind of made from a scrapped vehicle, using the pistons, suspension, and other parts to create an arm
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Bucket Meister; 08-01-2016, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X