[Model] Some robot thing I named 'Melissa Roux'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Model] Some robot thing I named 'Melissa Roux'

So I've been working on a robot model for a totally unrelated thing, but i figure I was gonna make it PBR compatible, so why not put it here too. It's out of 'style' with UT but honestly what IS in this series aesthetic?
    It's an almost-scrapped concept for a robot martial artist from 2 years ago. This thing's meant to be a customizable avatar for a real ****ty virtual world thing called 'Second Life' where I make money off being a better modeller than 90% of the userbase. As such, it can be expected that this model will have it's own set of customization options, such as chest armors, helmets, limbs, texture sets, and many other possible things as I go along.

Below, you can see the reference drafts (including commissioned art done by the wonderful Level5Pencil) current progress, as well as some screenshots from the finalized head model in SL, which is non-PBR. The body mesh is a good ways into finished, with only the arms being left for the high-poly mesh. The head mesh is done entirely, but I'll have to remake the textures for it once the rest of the mesh is done. The eyes are set up as a texture that is moved around based on script control, so I'll probably have to redo the eyes as well. that will be a little more complicated though.
    I had been holding off posting to finish the feet, which actually took alot longer than I thought it would have. BUT, they have fantastic range of motion, so I'm very happy!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1c970c30d89bf4010f74780f7014bc99.png
Views:	1
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	363455Click image for larger version

Name:	71a106b377a34df0803421276721f1e2.png
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	363456

Name:	64a782b82a06184cfc76a5ea49b93768.png
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	363454

TODO:
    -Arms
    -finalize leg joints
    -finalize minor mechanical bits
    -lowpoly, bakes, all that stuff
    -add small details either via sculpting or during texturing phase
    -customization options. some are already done, mostly helmets/hair/head accessories.
    -maybe an underneath mechanical frame for those that want hardcore mechanical stuff? I know It's possible, it's more whether I WANT to or not.

This sure will be a fun portfolio piece, at the very least!
    And as always, PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS/CRITIQUE/HATEMAIL IF THAT'S YOUR THING!

(sorry this isn't my xan concept or that other thing, I've had more to do in life so that's on the backburner.)

Name:	Fhj2mak.jpg
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	363453
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gebloner; 09-21-2016, 06:01 PM.

Interesting! Those cat ears, whilst gosh darn adorable don't really fit in that well, I reckon. The hips and bust might be a little oversized, the two giant screws on the back seem out of place and lastly, the "hair" concept that you're going for makes her seem a little "cuter" than what you'd expect for an arena combatant?

I'd personally prefer having the type of robot that has servos and underlying hydraulics exposed and then having armour plates imposed over it in key places, but, the "suit of armour" idea works equally as well, honestly.

Concept seems fine overall. I'm sure some of the cutesyness could be salvaged for some kind of cosmetic?

Comment

Good , this project has a future . The robot needs more realistic testuras , a metallic material that appears to be resistant . And some parts of the project need to be more detailed to resemble a real drone security .

Comment

Oh god fury spotted. Had to :P

Comment

Originally posted by HoBoxX7Xx View Post
          Oh god fury spotted. Had to :P
          Oh god, captain obvious spotted ...couldn't resist.
          ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

I am in favour of this model. I love the big hips and curves! We need more artistic variety, **** it! If you finish this and put it on the marketplace, I could totally buy it. ESPECIALLY if it had a pink coloured skin included.

Comment

...oh, I had forgotten there were cat ears on the commissioned art pieces. I can assure you I wasn't planning on adding those to this, atleast not as part of the base model. I mean, the cat ears ARE finished, but they'll be optional.

While i'm at it, lemme show some of the things I've already made as optional stuff.

The 'bobcut' hairpiece is not entirely done, however the helmet has already gone through the full process of low poly and bakes (I'm just showing the high poly here though)
              also yes, I was specifically requested to have an optional flat chestplate. It looks pretty good, I think!
              As for different color skins, that's probably the EASIEST thing to do, and I'm not at all against including my PSD files for the textures for anybody that wanted to play with them. I already do that for SL modders, I don't see a reason not to do it for UT too.

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
                I am in favour of this model. I love the big hips and curves! We need more artistic variety, **** it! If you finish this and put it on the marketplace, I could totally buy it. ESPECIALLY if it had a pink coloured skin included.
                What? Do you have a problem with bald, skinny, dead women?? How dare you!
                Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Hey guys, I haven't done more work in a bit because I took a break to do commission stuff. I'll be back to work once I have it out of the way.

Comment

She's a bit too anime looking for my personal tastes, but that aside that, the actual work going into this is cool.

Comment

A bit of a side thing that probably won't go into this project, as it's largely just meant for the SL side. It's been a small bit of practice for the texture side once I get back to work on the main body though, so it's useful in that regard atleast. I finally got around to testing out NDO2 for adding normal map detailing, and I gotta say it's a heck of a lot nicer to do this than trying to model in every line to the mesh.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Download please?

Comment

Back to work on this now that holiday idiocy and other obligations are out of the way. getting the arms done now, then i'll go back over the legs and do general cleanup.

Attached Files
                          Last edited by Gebloner; 12-24-2016, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Too cool! Never understood a robot with breasts, but...yeah!
                            My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon View Post
                              Too cool! Never understood a robot with breasts, but...yeah!
                              Pervs, pervs everywhere
                              RASTE IN PEACE !
                              Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
                              Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Working...
                              X