Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raste View Post
    Pervs, pervs everywhere
    Hey man robots are hot. You folks should meet my friends and see my sketches/paintings!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chrimuh Card-front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	749.6 KB
ID:	349184

Isn't it great? It's the christmas card I made for this year!
    Last edited by Gebloner; 12-24-2016, 03:47 PM.

Comment

They're marrying them in Japan.
      My Unreal game collection.
      Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

I don't think they've reached that point, but don't quote me on that!
        Anyways!

I'm having trouble figuring out what to do about the elbow joints for the arms. while the joint works and is fine in that regard, the back of the elbow is... well, I think I should just show.

Honestly it just doesn't look very good. I'm trying to think of some sort of way to make the back of the joint look better but i'm a bit stumped at the moment. anyone here got any sort of ideas on what I could do to make it look less weird?
        Last edited by Gebloner; 12-26-2016, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Covered joint.

Name:	Arm01.png
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	349200

Double joint system with hydraulics.

Name:	Arm02.png
Size:	281.7 KB
ID:	349201

Big round joint.

Name:	Arm03.png
Size:	281.4 KB
ID:	349202

I prefer the double joint system because It will give it a more flexible movement.
          https://ut99.org/download/file.php?a...1487972264.png.......................................................coffee addicted !!!
          UT99.org + Food Fight Mod + Corporation Logos for UT4

Comment

I'd initially intended to do a double joint, but it was proving rather annoying to work with it. This current setup allows for 150 degrees of motion on the joint, which is pretty good all things considered.
            Anyway, I ended up coming up with something similiar to your first one. I'll be adding a elbow plate at some point, but I'll have to do it after work.

Comment

Ok so I've got the arms and hands pretty much ready. I don't think i'll need to do much else to them at this rate, but the legs need a major once-over to finish them. the joints for the hips and knees are just not done.

Comment

All work on the high poly mesh has been completed after even more delays. (and redesigning the joints from scratch, retooling to make all joints physically viable to the most extreme of human range, adding jet boosters to facilitate ROCKET KICKS at behest of a friend, etc)
                Now the parts I'm significantly more confident in can take place, the low poly, UV, and baking. There will probably not be any serious hitches in any of those steps as I've made careful consideration of polygon angle and making surfaces that flow nicely, so this should for the most part go quite smoothly!

Comment

Greebles for inside of torso, incase anyone just feels like removing the frontplate altogether. I should also not that the plan also is for her to have many different armors, so this is part of planning ahead for that.

(I swore I was gonna get to the low poly and here I am still adding details. :[ )
                  Last edited by Gebloner; 01-26-2017, 12:19 PM.

Comment

I'm glad there are still people here submitting things that aren't just people covered in greebles.

Also glad to see a female model that doesn't look like my nextdoor neighbor.

Not sure why UT is still so lacking Japanese styled things considering the Izanagi corporation is a thing.
                    also known as Humphro

Comment

Originally posted by Diode View Post
                      I'm glad there are still people here submitting things that aren't just people covered in greebles.

Also glad to see a female model that doesn't look like my nextdoor neighbor.

Not sure why UT is still so lacking Japanese styled things considering the Izanagi corporation is a thing.
                      I have some incredibly strong opinions about that exact thing, but I feel it's best I hold my tongue.

I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on this recently. I've been working on a much bigger paid project at the moment which is starting to really take shape.
                      Here's the most recent shot I've taken with the near-finished assets. maybe you guys will like it:

Comment

After watching the whole modelling process... only one concern arose.

How is she suppose to hold a weapon?
                        The elbows are very stiff and her whole body is made of plates.
                        She can't reach with her left arm her right hip. Or can touch her "nose" without getting in a awkward arm pose.

Edit-----------
                        Originally posted by Gebloner View Post
                        Here's the most recent shot I've taken with the near-finished assets. maybe you guys will like it:
                        Your asset looks very Megaman like ...very cool.
                        Last edited by papercoffee; 02-23-2017, 12:04 PM.
                        https://ut99.org/download/file.php?a...1487972264.png.......................................................coffee addicted !!!
                        UT99.org + Food Fight Mod + Corporation Logos for UT4

Comment

I actually did a bunch of tests on the physical joint limitations, and she can do quite alot with the arms overall. I think I got the motion range up to around 160-165 degrees by the time I was done? all I know is I checked it all out by making sure she could touch the top of her shoulder and figured that would be good.
                          I will admit though, I got a bit lazy on the shoulders. I was planning them around acting like a regular shoulder and just morphing the shoulder joint the same as a human model. If I had REALLY wanted to, I could probably separate out the shoulder sections and have them be a full working joint as well, but it wasn't exactly a huge priority for me. I only went as crazy on the other joints because I hit tunnel vision and just REALLY wanted to try and make them work. (that and a single joint rigs alot better than a double joint for videogame stuff anyway.)

...all that ended up being a godsend, as someone approached me about making it a 3D printable action figure. We'll see what happens with that though.

Truth be told, all i really have left to do on this is make the low poly, bake, and then probably make minor adjustments for rigging. (Though I dunno if UE4 supports joint offsets for animations as flawlessly as the other engine I've been working in these days)

Comment

Back to work on this. finally have time to get the low poly knocked out, started back on it two days ago and this is what I have so far.

Comment

finally took time to finish the low poly, UVmap, and bake off. took maybe a few hours. I guess now that I don't have any seriously big projects to work on, I'll do the arms next.

Comment

Nice work!
                                Seems a lot of care went into this and the execution is solid. Looking forward to seeing it in action!
                                Current Projects
                                Custom Thunder Crash Skins - WIP/Download
                                Custom Necris Skin - Alanna - WIP

Comment

Working...
                                X