Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's some good enthusiasm Tirias - look forward to lots of Skaarjness in this UT I'm sure.

Comment

One thing I realised about the Skaarj is that in Unreal 1 they were cross reptilian, cross insectoid. I was wondering if it would be possible to bring in such aspects into them.

Comment

Skaaaaarj quick-sculpt.

This is a quick Skaarj sculpt + Paintover I did while hanging out with Teriyaki. I told him I was gonna try to show him up.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ScoobyDoofus; 06-20-2014, 02:37 AM. Reason: Fixed link

Comment

Not a serious concept art - but some
          sort of fan creation for inspiration.

DeviantArt gallery
          with many cool favs!
          http://kaal979.deviantart.com/art/Un...40646242&qo=41
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Kaal979; 08-31-2014, 07:34 AM.
          GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

as an bit reference .. this is the Skaarj from Unreal for UT3 as skin for an Player
            (Skaarj New & Unreal2 Skaarj)

the skaarj from Unreal2 becomes more on Unreal, UT 99 as the new skaarj,
            the New Skaarj (1.04) it's more an ... Humanalien .. the Real Skaarj it's more an
            alien from the Space and not Humanlike .. maybe more an Lizard like Creature ...
            i mus admit the alien from the Halo Game have the right direction in my opinion ..
            an Alien it is in any case not an Human or Humanlike,
            maybe more an Animal as an Human .. or even something else... but not human ..

best regards
            Blacky
            Last edited by Blackcrack; 06-21-2014, 03:32 AM.

Comment

I find the first skaarj in #171 outermost left to be 'just right'.

It have all the correct proportions, and have the same shape as the skaarj from the first unreal - and the ut99 bonus packs.
              It doesn't have any oversized tail and tusks - and don't have a malformed head, body, protrusions, or any other exaggerated features as some of sketches in this thread have.
              The ideal skaarj model for UT4 would be very similar to those from Unreal 2 - IMHO.
              **** COMMODORE 64 BASIC V2 ****
              64K RAM SYSTEM 38911 BASIC BYTES FREE
              READY.

Comment

Oh my god, that is just horrible! Have you guys not seen what the people are doing in terms of skaarj? Does that model look agile and quick? It's bulky and just like gears of war.

@ScoobyDoofus that is dope!
                work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

the one on the right in 171 is just retarded... but the left one with a narrower chest and shoulder span would be pretty good. Not every character needs to be "agile" and there is more to consider than agility, especially in terms of character model visibility.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                  Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoofus View Post

This is a quick Skaarj sculpt + Paintover I did while hanging out with Teriyaki. I told him I was gonna try to show him up.
                    Sproingg!! Wow that is just sick Scooby!
                    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Hi all, short time forum stalker, long time UT fan. I put together a quick concept for Skaarj, something a bit more human but still trying to follow the current UT 99/04 styles. Just throwing in some ideas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_n7koe5A8eh1rwocuuo1_1280.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	329340

Keep up the great work everyone!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by danpaz3d; 06-29-2014, 06:21 PM.
                      3d Artist
                      UT Cosmetic Items |
                      UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

Originally posted by danpaz3d View Post
                        Hi all, short time forum stalker, long time UT fan. I put together a quick concept for Skaarj, something a bit more human but still trying to follow the current UT 99/04 styles. Just throwing in some ideas.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5584[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5585[/ATTACH]

Keep up the great work everyone!
                        Great work danpaz3d!

Comment

What about this guy?

Click image for larger version

Name:	0000003787.1920x1080.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	329346

I feel like the current 3d iteration looks like a hulking monster more suited to Doom or Gears of War than Unreal Tournament.
                          BeyondUnreal Podcast
                          r/UnrealTournament Moderator

Comment

That's a hybrid. And not an official one, I don't think. I still like the hybrids better to be honest.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                            Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteDragon View Post
                              What about this guy?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5598[/ATTACH]

I feel like the current 3d iteration looks like a hulking monster more suited to Doom or Gears of War than Unreal Tournament.
                              That's Skrilax. I think it came out in one of the bonus packs if I'm not mistaken. I used that char for years and it was such awesomeness - "ha ha ha!"
                              Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoofus View Post

I really like this Skaarj design! You should try getting a full body shot of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X