This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScoobyDoofus View Post

This is a quick Skaarj sculpt + Paintover I did while hanging out with Teriyaki. I told him I was gonna try to show him up.
    It is really awesome! I think the Skaarjs should be similar to the ones in UT2004, where they were big and muscular, but they kept their agile look, although on the other hand they were Skaarj-Human hybrids, but I liked them more.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteDragon View Post
      What about this guy?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5598[/ATTACH]

I feel like the current 3d iteration looks like a hulking monster more suited to Doom or Gears of War than Unreal Tournament.
      Yeah, that's a skaarj hybrid from UT99 Bonus Pack, so I'd say it IS official.
      But yeah, Nali warcows were added in that same pack so I'm not sure if it was seriously official or just for the lulz part. They weren't mentioned in latter games.

I'd love to see them too though, used to play as another pit fighter Baetal but often switch to other two variations too. Not sure how their pure Skaarj brothers would take them though

Comment

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
        That's Skrilax. I think it came out in one of the bonus packs if I'm not mistaken.
        Is there an explanation how they are related to the Skaarj from the ut2k4? I remember they have the same names. There are also two teams - Red Claw and Iron Skull. However, as long as they were Hybrids in UT99, they're just a normal Skaarj in ut2k4. I guess Epic just love to make a mess with the story, timeline, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mnich View Post
          Is there an explanation how they are related to the Skaarj from the ut2k4? I remember they have the same names. There are also two teams - Red Claw and Iron Skull. However, as long as they were Hybrids in UT99, they're just a normal Skaarj in ut2k4. I guess Epic just love to make a mess with the story, timeline, etc.
          They're certainly unrelated. But there's a chance that "Skrilax" is just a popular Skaarj name. Humans made the hybrids, so humans also named them, and the selection of Skaarj names they knew was probably quite limited.
          Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
          My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Originally posted by Vajr View Post
            Great work danpaz3d!
            +1

best regards
            Blacky

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoofus View Post

This is a quick Skaarj sculpt + Paintover I did while hanging out with Teriyaki. I told him I was gonna try to show him up.
              This is my favorite so far. He looks very reptilian and menacing without going overboard with lots of scales and bumpy details. Very clean clear lines, colourful, and a strong silhouette - things we should be striving towards imo.

Comment

I like him, but the thickness and color of the tentacles or whatever you call them makes him come off a bit like a Skaarj Elvis, at least from this angle. I think we're going to need to see more views to really get a better idea of how it looks (as Teriyaki, for example has provided).

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

He reminds abit in oldskool frazetta
                  john carter aliens in a positive way.
                  Never liked UT2k4s orcish skaarij much.
                  He looks less demented with some sort
                  of bloodthirstyness which is great.
                  Last edited by Kaal979; 07-02-2014, 09:03 AM.
                  GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

At the same time, it is a very big departure from what people are used to. Which may or may not be such a bad thing. I feel it's gone a little too far personally into the "bug" realm.

Comment

As a long time lover of all things Skaarj, this thread has had me in a constant state of "SQUEE!" since I first stumbled across it.

Viva la Skaarj!
                      Have you hugged a Skaarj today?

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/

Comment

I also must say - bug repectively insectoid
                        xeno styles are the absolute uprunner!
                        GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

dahell, try making that image a little smaller evil. bandwidth sucker.

Comment

This is wonderful, I love that EPIC are including the community on this. I want to contribute with a skaarj concept, I will take this one further but I'd like to hear what everyone is thinking of where I'm taking this, I'm trying to stay as close to UT99 as possible.
                            Attached Files

Comment

↑PECS

I think you've nailed the Skaarj's classic proportions, even how they appeared in Unreal II. The display of raw power is quite intimidating; also different from the more alien-like and bony appearance of the Skaarj in the original concept in the OP.
                              Dueling Flak Cannons
                              We see the shells falling
                              Together, we die

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                                That's a hybrid. And not an official one, I don't think. I still like the hybrids better to be honest.
                                Yes, it's a Skaarj-Human Hybrid, however it's an official model. It came in official Bonus Pack 1 for the game, and even replaced default human models for the opposing team (Red Claw) on DOM-Sesmar in DOM ladder of Tournament campaign.

Last edited by _Lynx; 07-07-2014, 08:39 PM.
                                "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                                - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Working...
                                X