Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks cool, but the legs are all wrong. Skaarj are plantigrade, not digitigrade, which means the walk on their soles, not on their toes. Krall are digitigrade.

Comment

Originally posted by MrShmaiDrei View Post
      That was 5 months ago, when will we see updates on it?
      There are so many cool models and concepts in this thread but none of it made it further.
      Edit: From "Unreal Tournament Behind the Scenes", looks like a skaarj.
      Right now it seems that the folks at Epic want to get at least 1 character 100% done ingame (Malcolm).
      I guess once this process is done, the rest will be easier to implement technically.

No rush, these first couple of characters that are implemented will be a big step for UT and need to be on-point. And considering they have such a small team workin on it, I'm surprised with how much has been done so far. Pretty amazing.
      3d Artist
      UT Cosmetic Items |
      UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

Originally posted by DutchHollander View Post
        Looks cool, but the legs are all wrong. Skaarj are plantigrade, not digitigrade, which means the walk on their soles, not on their toes. Krall are digitigrade.
        I never liked that honestly, it felt awkward for me especially with their reptilian look, i always felt they needed to be plantigrade, or at lest to have foots with the heels high up, especially if they are to have a tail
        Since you know, i would image it would lean forward while running and use its tail for balance, running on your soles then is very hard if not impossible, you have to shift your weight towards your toes to keep your balance
        Overall flat feet arent too efficient, as humans prove in how much slower we are than most big animals
        I always felt it was overlooked in the first design due to back then having a more bones in the rig in what was it, 1996, was a bit of a hassle
        Then again i do have something for trijointed legs, they seem a lot cooler to me

Here, something more like this, not too high not too low, maybe a bit lower, at worst something like TeriyakiStyle did

Attached Files
        Last edited by slocik; 03-09-2015, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarde View Post
          Hi all,
          At first I wanted to try my hand on this guy as a sketch, but as I was advancing I realized that I really liked where it was going, so I kept at it.
          I went for a hitech design but in the same time trying to preserve a bit of their tribal origins trough attitude and the way certain outfit elements hang on him.
          I hope you'll enjoy just as much as I did working on it.

Cheers

Excellent! I love it. The armor is great and fits him nicely. I would love to see more head designs for that concept. Maybe something more fangy.

Comment

Originally posted by slocik View Post
            I never liked that honestly, it felt awkward for me especially with their reptilian look, i always felt they needed to be plantigrade, or at lest to have foots with the heels high up, especially if they are to have a tail
            Since you know, i would image it would lean forward while running and use its tail for balance, running on your soles then is very hard if not impossible, you have to shift your weight towards your toes to keep your balance
            Overall flat feet arent too efficient, as humans prove in how much slower we are than most big animals
            I always felt it was overlooked in the first design due to back then having a more bones in the rig in what was it, 1996, was a bit of a hassle
            Then again i do have something for trijointed legs, they seem a lot cooler to me

Here, something more like this, not too high not too low, maybe a bit lower, at worst something like TeriyakiStyle did

Biologically it makes sense, but then they also should have a radically different pelvis (take a look at a dinosaur skeleton). This opens up new possibilities for fleshing out the caste system. You have the theropod, predatory warrior caste, the more humanoid trooper caste with vestigial tails and a more upright gait and finally the hybrids, who are a product of genetic engineering on their own species and who look more like the 2k4 skaarj.
            Last edited by Zargøthrax; 03-13-2015, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slocik View Post

the feet's and the Body it's pretty well, but the Face .. want be better if you hold on the original maybe
              because it's not an Panther or an ape, it's something own, an aggressive hunter and not an.. i can be lovely.. *s*
              take a look on the klingon's the face should be in this direction maybe as an lil help
              The Tail, should maybe an bit more " fused, merged" be upwart to the backbones because,
              this is an extension of the backbone for seem real, you know
              The backside, on the Tail approach, can be like an lizzard, more wide... and therewith the muscles of the *** be therewith more concealed/masked if you see what i meant .. the underpart ot the muskles be okey.. because it#s comes from the nature ..... humm maybe an bit more by side, because jumping side wart and obliquely/diagonally therewith
              maybe an bit more muscles under the tail.. because he it's not an Supersportler he is an halfanimal Alien who also jumps around to catch other liveforms .. you know.. the *** is maybe lovely for some woman's but it's even to much humanlike *bg*lol*

But i like the feet's, because this support real the Caching animal for jumping and killing
              and this, it's seems it's well placed but maybe, you can use
              the meat cushion on bottom side of the feet's from an predator
              but an bit more bigger .. like something :
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Scaarj-foot.png
Views:	1
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	335169
              and in this direction can you make an bit sharper nails The Feet's from bizarde be not bad .. in this direction.

and Bizarde, we are there not on an "Oversize Coke sugar consumer" blow in the ... Game .
              this is why i have say nothing about.. we should stay an bit on the "unreality" you know and not..
              "i think me something out.. " .... Play the Unreal1 Game -in the night- and you know what
              you feel if you stay before an Skaar.. and the effect, action effect should you translate/transplant ,
              and then build up an Skaarj , an real Skaarj where we can have scare this is the homework for you

best regards
              Blacky
              Last edited by Blackcrack; 03-14-2015, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcrack View Post
                the feet's and the Body it's pretty well, but the Face .. want be better if you hold on the original maybe
                because it's not an Panther or an ape, it's something own, an aggressive hunter and not an.. i can be lovely.. *s*
                take a look on the klingon's the face should be in this direction maybe as an lil help
                The Tail, should maybe an bit more " fused, merged" be upwart to the backbones because,
                The backside, on the Tail approach, can be like an lizzard, more wide... and therewith the muscles of the *** be therewith more concealed/masked if you see what i meant .. the underpart ot the muskles be okey.. because it#s comes from the nature ..... humm maybe an bit more by side, because jumping side wart and obliquely/diagonally therewith
                maybe an bit more muscles under the tail.. because he it's not an Supersportler he is an halfanimal Alien who also jumps around to catch other liveforms .. you know.. the *** is maybe lovely for some woman's but it's even to much humanlike *bg*lol*

But i like the feet's, because this support real the Caching animal for jumping and killing

and in this direction can you make an bit sharper nails The Feet's from bizarde be not bad .. in this direction.

and Bizarde, we are there not on an "Oversize Coke sugar consumer" blow in the ... Game .
                this is why i have say nothing about.. we should stay an bit on the "unreality" you know and not..
                "i think me something out.. " .... Play the Unreal1 Game -in the night- and you know what
                you feel if you stay before an Skaar.. and the effect, action effect should you translate/transplant ,
                and then build up an Skaarj , an real Skaarj where we can have scare this is the homework for you

best regards
                Blacky
                I'm not trying to be rude, but your posting style is giving me headaches.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcrack View Post

I wanst sure what to do with the head at all, but i like the look official sketches show.
                  So i just thrown in some basic shapes and left it at that. Its hard to get that strong brow while keeping a smooth reptilian look, you have to go more humanoid with the eyes placement or spread them apart and make that weird unibrow that might end up looking more comedic than anything, so i tried to avoid that. Hell, it reminds me to much of a gorrilla.
                  If i was to make a finished high poly i would experiment much more with eyes placement size and skull shape, but dunno, no ideas now.
                  As for his tail and butt those too would have to be balanced out.

And man, you need to work on your English sentence structure not only your vocabulary, but i guess it comes with experience.

Anyway would be cool to see if the official design and concept progressed anywhere and what direction they took.
                  Last edited by slocik; 03-15-2015, 07:55 PM.

Comment

the main/official is the Skaarj from Unreal1.

Comment

Originally posted by Gooba View Post
                      There's already some killer stuff going on here, but I had to take a crack at it.

Too halo arbiter imo...
                      Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Dr.ToxicVenom: "How bout we duel, and let our skill decide who's right and who's wrong? I'm in Unreal Carnage [Dallas] Right now. Come join."
                      MonsOlympus: "How about you work your way up the ranks first then we'll talk LAN, until then. Have fun trying to find people to play against you and your crappy attitude, good night!"
                      Dr.ToxicVenom: "DAAAAAAMN! That dodge was almost as good as my multi-dodge. Nice!"

Comment

Agreed! Amazing illustration Bizarde! It is a tad overstylized but I think it could definitely be dialed in during the modeling phase. Would dig seeing more!
                        Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
                        Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
                        Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

Originally posted by Dementiurge View Post
                          Looks like a Krall. That cranial ridge...
                          This be kralls
                          http://ut3skins.blackysgate.de/files...%20CyberKrall/

Comment

Imho this should be starting points for evolution and improvements. I'm not convinced taking revolution path with designs like UT3 Skaarj concept.

But thats just me.
                            Unofficial Enforcer Model
                            Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Hi Fartuess

the orginal it's most better as the Unreal2 and Unreal Tournament 2003 Skaarj's

please, this have nothing to do with evolution, this have to do for stay on the Right way and Original..
                              and nothing "i whant have this, because my charachter let's feel, this or this is better" you know ..

Unreal 1 was an great game, this applies again to reach ! And therefore it's absolutely essential to keep the original ...
                              for have the right and real Skaarj in the Revivel :
                              https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...-(1998)-Remake

and orginal Characters if's possible and it is possible .. so, in this direction.. please, keep the way of the original.. Unreal1
                              this is the best one .. and it is nessesary to become the "old well feeling" ghost of the planet Napali.
                              Last edited by Blackcrack; 03-20-2015, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
                                I'm not convinced taking revolution path with designs like UT3 Skaarj concept.
                                There are no Skaarj of any kind in UT3, only Kralls. Another unjustified UT3 critique...

"Speak to the hand" jk, chill easy! The pic demanded it.

My views on the new UT in a nutshell │ Social MarketplaceModern UT4 AllNew Dynamic StandardsMore iconic U and the 4 neededUE4 Free - I Epic

Comment

Working...
                                X