Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fartuess mean the UT3 Skaarj Character Mod created by EvilEngine. A wicked sick and fantastic model for the details.
    Attached Files

Comment

Or maybe the inofficial UT2007/UT3 concept art from the original post.

Since I was no Unreal player, only had a UT99 childhood and later a UT3 maturity, I don't have any affections to Skaarjs, so I don't really care to be heard on this matter.
      Just from a personal design taste point of view, I like those guys from Blackcracks post. But they're also supposed to be Kralls, not Skaarjs.

Those faces have a menacing and yet harmonical familiar expression to me. A great feeling for such a real Alien species. Maybe 'toad' would come closest but I like it very much that I can't clearly attribute an animal we know to them (no exagerated "hollywoodification" if that word exists or can be understood anyway, like what Jurassic Park did to dinosaurs). They also remind me of the strong and massive yet somewhat neutral or calm impressions the big "moai" stone statues on the Easter Islands give me. Very interesting design direction imo!

My views on the new UT in a nutshell │ Social MarketplaceModern UT4 AllNew Dynamic StandardsMore iconic U and the 4 neededUE4 Free - I Epic

Comment

The Sunkralls model created by MacTom27. It not a bad idea if may return in the new UT as custom character.

Comment

in any case better as an Krall, as an monster and something who not recalls on the Original..

maybe can anyone ask MacTom27 if he make some Krall's for ue4 ?
          because it can later use for the Unreal1 Revival . He have certainly yet the original Modell's

You mus see they are if they have no helm's on the head, really nice and fit's really on the Original Krall's
          but only more "real" or like i can say .. more alive and less comic ..
          and the officially UT3 Krall-Monsters be totally **** and totally
          unreasonably/inflated and have really nothing to do with krall's *imho..*
          he names now Zairaam .. on Deviantart .. http://zairaam.deviantart.com/art/Ma...raam-174202123
          Last edited by Blackcrack; 03-20-2015, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Another take on my skaarj guy:

UT4: CTF-Defiance, CTF-Melt.
            Epic - This video made me smile: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-p.../2300-6418948/
            "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Looks pretty good! reminds me some a mix from the Skarrj model of Unreal(1998) and Unreal II

Comment

No i meant this:

Which, from what i remember epic saying, was created while developing UT3, but was never implemented into the final game.
                Unofficial Enforcer Model
                Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Originally posted by TotesAmaze View Post
                  Another take on my skaarj guy:

this fit's easy .. also for an Unreal Planet also, let view how looks on 3D
                  it look's to be in direction the real original

Comment

But the cybernetic left arm i don't like so much in my opinion, i prefer the classic claw on hands.

Comment

do you know what's classic, then look the original on, normally should be something like biologic extendable,
                      stretchable something like fish fins, but more stable .. like an fish fin thorn.. because,
                      the Skaarj's comes from an wet planet or something.. in any case an invasion liveform ..
                      how ever, up to now have i not see an really well orginal Skaarj, every an really well try's
                      but not an really well one .. from Unreal1 or Unreal99 . you know ..

and well Krall's we need also.. but need therefore an own tread ..
                      but in any case not something like in 2007 .. this was not krall's, this was an something monster but not an krall
                      an krall it's for me something like in unreal1 and ut99 . and the Sunkrall's

best regards
                      Blacky

Comment

I tried keep an open mind to all the new concepts, but I just can't do it anymore! The original Skaarj to me clearly were inspired by the Alien vs Predator comics, combining elements from both the Yautja and the Xenomorphs. The blades, humanoid shape, technology and warrior culture of the yautja, the tail, caste system, ruthlesness and geiger-like architecture of the Xenomotphs (or rather, the Space Jockeys). Of course epic added a lot of things to make them stand on their own, but the roots are hard to deny. I feel we need to be careful to move too far away from that. As to the predatorial nature of the Skaarj, think more space ninja and less velociraptor.

Attached Files
                        Last edited by Zargøthrax; 03-26-2015, 11:25 AM.

Comment

there, 2 pictures where you can see it better :
                          http://members.home.nl/bartje321/ut/.../IceSkaarj.JPG

http://i.imgur.com/GKapH1v.jpg

best regards
                          Blacky

Comment

+1 for DutchHollander
                            I totally agree that this Alien/Predator connection still should be there.
                            Unofficial Enforcer Model
                            Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
                              "We will never be slaves!"
                              permaban

Comment

DutchHollander, Aliens and Pretators, an own tread please *s*

Comment

Working...
                                X