X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
    Do you want a Skaarj or a Krall?

See? Two fangs and the tusks ...and the tusks are not that far back in the jaw like you mentioned in your edited picture.
    It would be implausible to put tusks where the muscles for the jaw should be.

And...
    Lizards DO have lips!!
    https://www.google.de/search?q=echse...Q&ved=0CAUQ_AU
    "Most" of the lizards nowadays are walking flat on all four feet
    If you want a better example for a lizard like creature in an erected position, take Dinosaurs...

http://www.kids-dinosaurs.com/images...chiosaurus.jpg
    Dinosaurs are more closely related to birds (depending on the biologist you ask, birds ARE dinosaurs, as there is little in defining characteristics to draw the line between them), in fact dinosaurs are as closely related to reptiles as mammals are. The 'hips' of a 'hominid reptile' would be closer to that of a chameleon, as it is an arboreal, legged reptile with flexible, articulated hip joints. As we humans evolved from arboreal mammals, our hips retain the forward-facing, highly articulated nature of our arboreal ancestors.

Or, just say F&$@ it and make it look cool. I'm with that.

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
      "On my way!"
      ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
        *thumps up*

because should look not like an chicken, more as an monster.. and for have scare .. and an cuteness make's in direction,
        angry chicken, but we are not on the N.. *lol* (angry birds *lol*)
        other parts, should not look like in an comic .. maybe more in direction of Dragon, Dino/lizard, because,
        normally was in the Real Unreal(alfa) dragons planned ..

"On my way!"
        nice can you make an couple of Picture, to talk about ?

(unfortunately have i easy not enough time for to take me seriously in on Unreal because private things
        otherwise I would have started long ago, but everything is with me in limbo :\
        *it annoys me self* this is why i say it again.. i can not make half things everywhere, this would be wrong ..)

best regards
        Blacky
        Last edited by Blackcrack; 05-09-2015, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Better of using UT2004 or UT99 designs imo. This one just looks weird. It looks like Hulk had a son...
          Attached Files

Comment

Soooo ...tried something.

This is, how I imagine the tusks could work.

hehehe...
            Attached Files
            ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...tid=6288&stc=1
              is by far the best yet,
              keep in mind there are hybrids as well which would give you the best of both worlds forwhat you want to do
              i always saw the Skaarj as aztec like , much like the lizards from warhammer

Comment

Papercoffee

*grin* you can not become something alive, if you try it to say *grin*
                "menno jetzt lebe endlich *g*/commooooon, just be now alive" ****' Skaar*lol*

the jaw more wider .. more rounder infront .. like an rattlesnake or an Lizard, because,
                should look like grown/evolved .. moment.. i let you show it..

Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment1.png
Views:	1
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	337942 and then in this direction Click image for larger version

Name:	bone02d-1_Skaarj.png
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	337943 Click image for larger version

Name:	bone02d-2_Skaarj.png
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	337955

but you can better drawing ..

you see what i meant, all what it is grow, it's round .. the jaw it's may an bit angular, edgy,
                if you make it more round and if you orients you in a saurian, dragon
                fits more maybe then the back bone more stable for an fang backward who look's in front.. maybe more side-front and directly front, do you see by self, to be more fits .. Can you make again an drawing ?
                maybe with an more round fangs/teeth .. look's so far really well

but your approach on the Jaw it is angular , make everything more rounded , and it becomes
                )))

Raidakk we want create an Original Unreal one and not an UT2003/4 one.. mus be Authentic to
                Unreal1 ( Take a look : Unreal Beta We need to setting up at all to have an Photo-realistic Original from the First one.. and not something other )
                Last edited by Blackcrack; 05-12-2015, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Nope ...I like the jaw like it is. Why do you want the tusks always in the jaw muscles?

My thoughts are that the tusks are moveable and can get out of the way if the Skaarj eats his prey. But also can he grab chunks of meat with them and rip it out of a bigger animal or opponent

@ValisInUnderland
                  Nah ...Not to offend someone, but this design looks too much like someone crossed an elephant with a goblin. There is nothing alien to it, just weirdness and to much earthly influence.
                  I would expect this design in a WOW addon but not in UT.

Comment

Nope ...I like the jaw like it is. Why do you want the tusks always in the jaw muscles?

My thoughts are that the tusks are moveable and can get out of the way if the Skaarj eats his prey. But also can he grab chunks of meat with them and rip it out of a bigger animal or opponent

@ValisInUnderland
                    Nah ...Not to offend someone, but this design looks too much like someone crossed an elephant with a goblin. There is nothing alien to it, just weirdness and to much earthly influence.
                    Yeah I like the your original design better because their head is in a shape of a skull that way.

Comment

Did Epic ever finalize a concept for the Skaarj? I know there were some drawings of the head in the promo vidoes they did for GDC (I think), but haven't seen anything since.

Anyway, was doodling a bit in zbrush and I realized I really, really dislike the "dreads" or tendrils or whatever the heck the things coming off the old skaarj's head are supposed to be. I think slightly referencing them by putting some details along the scalp looks nicer

Last edited by Quotidian; 05-12-2015, 08:01 PM.

Comment

@ValisInUnderland
                        *lol* ! agreed, include in WOW and not in UT !

naa, directly under the the jaw muscles, .. but too far in front ...because there be the teeth,
                        if you view the original Skaarjs in the Screenshoot's, he have indeed something like Vampire teeth ..
                        or be they are also from bottom to up ?, in any case view we are other teeth in front also ..

Hi Quotidian

Normally it is the Original the Concept.. (*imho*)
                        because we should look for have an original/alive as possible ..
                        because Consept, ask YemYam, they have made an Consept,
                        but it is not the one and only (it is give nothing Offizially .. (Say'd from YemYam and Epic part)),
                        This Unreal Torunament and Unreal , it is an Community Work and Tim Sweeny give us the possible
                        for make again an Original in Photorealistic ..
                        Like we want.. because UT and Unreal it is now played since 1996/7 .. And i think, it's better for setting up the original as Standard as something lolipop.... Because, Unreal and UT99 was played from start up to now ..
                        (and this reaffirms, that still works the original in the next century and not what Coka Cola and other produser industry Industry want .. Unreal was an Dream, an Dream from an other Planet, Middle aged planet.. with Nali's and Dragons .., if you looking on the alfa and Beta-Pictures there who have any Boy in the Head to be far, far away in an other World, like Shrek the Cinemovie, easy an other world, but this with Nali's and dragons .. and now with the possible for making real in Photorealistic )
                        if we become a better Skaarj btw... you make an better Skaarj, make you the Day/Decade(or longer)
                        for us Unreal Fans
                        This is why i ever and ever say, make it not so or something, hold on the original..
                        for have on this UE4 now with Photorealistic possible and Original Unreal1 Skaarj as
                        Standard and setting up for the century as the Original one.. you see.. if you become
                        an Real Original Skaarj, like it is in Unreal1 to alive , do you setting up the standard .. for the next Times ..

And it is at nearest on the Original and alive, do you be the winner
                        The Nali-Winner do we have now, MatthiasDürr He builded an Original Nali *nod*

Quotidian, nice, but the tusks you have.. made like the Elephant tusks *g*
                        more like Wild boars up and outside and not between , the sit on the bone it's well like it is .

Over the eyes be the horn scales, are you allowed to do not forget also !
                        The horn scales make's an Skaarj also, think the Skaarj as Dragon where becomes an Human,
                        something in this direction

The Start was not bad.. and the muscles, because the tusks, have you also considered nice!

there be many for download and looking on :
                        http://www.blackysgate.de/files/fold...-Revial-remake

and there be the whole actors :
                        http://www.blackysgate.de/files/fold...eal-Actors.zip

and in the Unreal1.5(Return to napali) have i make also some screenshoots
                        directly in front and by an die Skaarj in all sides for all showing :
                        http://www.blackysgate.de/files/fold...ali-sshoot.zip
                        there can you an bit study, like an Skaarj should look like ..
                        you can also an bit oriented on Jupiter Ascending Art , the Dragon fits totally imho

best regards
                        Blacky
                        Last edited by Blackcrack; 05-13-2015, 07:53 AM.

Comment

What?

lol
                          work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

in the story line theres skaarj and hybrids,. the epic staff have made it clear they're interested in a variety of concepts,
                            its seems theres more discussion of what they are and what they should not be then any sort of output,
                            smh

Comment

Hi ValisInUnderland,

"they're interested in a variety of concepts" okey, may be it's interesting for have an variety, but first should be exist the Skaarj No1, in my Opinion,
                              then should build up different Skaarjs, to have an line and an orientation .. ad the First Skaarj give this orientation .. in the Original Direction..
                              and this mus we first have... do you see and i think we are be, Quotidian, Papercoffee and me on the best way..
                              i am looking forward,like the next pictures look from Quotidian

best regards
                              Blacky

p.s.: HeisenbergTrip, 10 Started Tread's and many of some Posts .. interesting and speak for it self ..
                              Last edited by Blackcrack; 05-14-2015, 04:51 AM.

Comment

blackcrack, your posts give me headaches ;\ And it's gotten to the point where I really don't want to read the gibberish you're clogging up every thread with. Please stop with the +1s, the "g"s (still have no idea what that means), the broken English and the incoherent ramblings (for example "if we become a better Skaarj btw... you make an better Skaarj, make you the Day/Decade) As far as I'm concerned, you're the least helpful poster on these forums at the moment.
                                Last edited by Quotidian; 05-14-2015, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X