X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
    @Quotidian
    Maybe not disregarding ALL the legacy stuff ...but less clinging to it would be healthier for a progress.
    It's more about crystallizing or identifying whatever made the skaarj interesting in the first place. So the tusks, I guess, and the pose/sense of agility. But imo it doesn't necessarily have to be lizard-like, it doesn't need the uni-brow, the tail or the head tendrils.

I like your idea about colours for the skin. But that actual face coloring looks not really intimidating.
    Yes, I clearly went a bit nuts, but it was intentional.

If you look at Dragon Age Inquisition, they went sort of the same way as well. I think it made their dragons look very cool (and that game has amazing art design in general)
    ¨

Can you describe it?
    Maybe I can find it. I know someone who is a Skaarj fan (fanatic).
    No, not really. Kind of remember it as having very small tusks and a large open mouth. Big, acid green eyes. Could be entirely wrong though. In the same leak was a wireframe screenshot of a buggy type vehicle, probably an Unreal Warfare vehicle or something. We were blown away by the polycount... it was probably about 2-3000 or something, lol.

Comment

If we disregarded all the legacy ideas about Skaarj we'd run the risk of ending up here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	strange-animals-you-didnt-know-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	338102

Ok not really but you get the point...

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
        If we disregarded all the legacy ideas about Skaarj we'd run the risk of ending up here:

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...id=16407&stc=1

I don't know ...but this picture gives me the creeps
        Attached Files
        ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Trying to figure out what a Necris Skaarj could look like...

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
          Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Comment

I really like the eyes and the upper face bone structure.
            ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gooba View Post

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
              Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16407[/ATTACH]

*lol* i had the picture also ! but i did not use, because, it's too cuteness scheme

Quotidian *thumps up*
                in this direction but less horns on the head, more tusks
                and more naturally ..

Papercoffee, clearly too much Coffee (because the lil cute Animal) *grin* !

Gooba, right direction, but to big tusks and more green and not Blue.
                The "Rastas" should be more Horn extensions, like bigger stronger Hair and not
                so thin on the human, they should be able to stand like on the U1, they stand they more ..
                This is the reason why the square head also fits on U1Skaarj, the stand hair round it off.
                but more open eyes, not cuteness scheme, more angry, hunting eyes, not pressure-closed eyes , the most work make the pupil :

if you look some eyes :

Click image for larger version

Name:	1183224255.jpg
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	338107 in this, angry and no fear direction Click image for larger version

Name:	eyes-1.png
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	338108
                i think it is much better as narrowed eyes .. The sit of the eyeball make it . and the middle/size of the pupil

like so : Click image for larger version

Name:	skaarj-gimp-gooba-1280.png
Size:	900.0 KB
ID:	338109

And more in direction in this direction (no Jacket), Not so lifted/not so aloof like your's Gooba, more coarse, bully .. in Green

Gooba , what you thinking ? (because, the Original Skaarj was Green, because, from where he is, his derivation / lineage . )

best regards
                Blacky
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Blackcrack; 05-20-2015, 03:41 AM.

Comment

WOW, Gooba you're da boss
                  This is something completely new and I love it. I wonder if necris could gather necrified versions of different races into one team?

Comment

Gooba, please, could you draw a classic Unreal Skaarj?

Comment

Originally posted by artuur View Post
                      Gooba, please, could you draw a classic Unreal Skaarj?
                      agreed, maybe more in this direction ? but without jacked but with Horn plates like the Unreal1 Skaarj

would be nice if you draw an original Skaarj Gooba, please can you draw an Unreal1 Skaarj ?
                      Last edited by Blackcrack; 05-20-2015, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ValisInUnderland View Post
                        in the story line theres skaarj and hybrids
                        Yes, and we all know where Skaarj/Human hybrids come from, don't we?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
                        Have you hugged a Skaarj today?

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/

Comment

Interesting scene (hihi)!
                          GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

Since people are reflecting on the changes in Skaarj appearance from back when to now...

...a bit of the old...

...and a bit of the new:
                            Have you hugged a Skaarj today?

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/

Comment

This is beast. The overall mood of the character is really good.
                              Personally, looking back at the generic Skaarj design, I'm not too sold on the 'tusks' and jawline/mouth the way that they are. The design seems a bit outdated. It also depends on what they're actually used for, 'tusks' that small will be pretty much useless.

Not saying to remove the 'tusks' completely, but to find a better method of implementing it into the structure of the face. As an example, somehow putting it into the bottom jaw and scaling them appropriately. For example, the bottom jaw of this.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/...y_mr__jack.jpg
                              3d Artist
                              UT Cosmetic Items |
                              UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

Originally posted by danpaz3d View Post
                                Not saying to remove the 'tusks' completely, but to find a better method of implementing it into the structure of the face. As an example, somehow putting it into the bottom jaw and scaling them appropriately. For example, the bottom jaw of this.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/...y_mr__jack.jpg
                                Ohhh... I like this ...like the Labium of a Dragonfly Nymph. That's what I tried to achieve with my jaw system ...but I see now what I was missing.

Comment

Working...
                                X