This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvilGrins View Post
    Yes, and we all know where Skaarj/Human hybrids come from, don't we?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    *lol* and there the Child of it : http://shadowblade316.deviantart.com...nami-151060260

but making jokes about, it's not the best way, because to bring it in ridiculous, it's not the best,
    Unreal1 has works and UT99 works also and i bet, you like it to have all back again EvilGrins
    trust me, i am too

don't forget this :
    http://utunlimited.beyondunreal.com/...evilengine.jpg
    this is a mix between Krall and Skaarj ..

The Skaarj with the Cuteness factor . From 2004
    The body it's not bad, but the Head, not so original.. in my opinion
    http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...path-prefix=en

and this is the reason why we should go back to the Original Skaarj and make this
    in 3D Photo realistic .

because this, back to the root's be the best choice in this direction .. and on the Maps works it, they like it..
    and why not The old Actors .. not all old must be bad .

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
    Ohhh... I like this ...like the Labium of a Dragonfly Nymph. That's what I tried to achieve with my jaw system ...but I see now what I was missing.
    have i see on Deviantart, the 3D Modell exist
    https://www.google.de/search?q=Devia...P&ved=0CCAQsAQ

and there it is : http://cvbtruong.deviantart.com/art/...ress-388634914

oh there some textures http://marqoni.deviantart.com/art/Dr...tris-200313369

and there be so manny cool Aliens http://revenant-99.deviantart.com/ar...ider-143242078

best regards
    Blacky
    Last edited by Blackcrack; 05-21-2015, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Just wanted to share a rough concept that I did of a Skaarj.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I had the tusk grow from the upper jawline, since tusks are generally elongated teeth, but the bottom jawline works too. I had the impression it could inject toxins in open wounds. I was also thinking the ridges were keratin/chitin bump formations, maybe for blunt injuries to targets when shouldering/head butting. I liked the eyes being deeper in the socket, kind of looks more alien. Just throwing out ideas.
      Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

Never skip leg day.

Comment

K, i took the parts of designs i liked most in this thread, and made face based off Quotidian and Goba sketches and the original unreal model
          and made this interpretation, still not happy with it, but its much better than the reptile face i was thinking of before
          Attached Files
          Last edited by slocik; 05-21-2015, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slocik View Post
            K, i took the parts of designs i liked most in this thread, and made face based off Quotidian and Goba sketches and the original unreal model
            and made this interpretation, still not happy with it, but its much better than the reptile face i was thinking of before
            well and good right Direction,

Click image for larger version

Name:	Skaarj4-1.png
Views:	1
Size:	588.2 KB
ID:	338128
            1. you should only take not an human Skin, more leather skin , the muscles be not so fine with a dermis, leather skin.
            1.a How be Born the Skaarj's ? like Humans or in an Egg ? i think me in an Egg, because, the navel, i think, Skaarjs have no navel -

2 .The tusk more looking upward and not so huge (in that shortens it lies spices / Brevity is the soul of wit (and make it more believable) ) ,

3. the "Rastas" should be not like big worms where resting on the skin, they should stand upward and falling down later
            the "Hair's" can be something like an Status symbols on the Skaarj's, like by the deer or Horned
            how hight and stable they are more better it is in the Rank in the SkaarjCommunity + the Muskles, how stronger and stable they are more better rank in the Skaarj Hierarchy, so both maybe for the Rank in the Skaarj Hierarchy , the Strong and Stand up hairs and stability of it. .. and if one broken, ..

and the Tail, can be more bigger, more broadly/stable on the backapproach .. with more/stronger muscles
            Click image for larger version

Name:	back-1.png
Views:	1
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	338129

but so far, also the neck, i loove it, it's become like an original !

best regards
            Blacky
            Last edited by Blackcrack; 05-22-2015, 04:20 AM.

Comment

@EvilGrins: Haha that's my screenshot x)

@Gooba: Wow! That looks so good, the best concept so far imo! The tusks look so right! I'm still missing some things so I made a paint-over with descriptions to illustrate those points (mainly for shape / as normal skaarj have green skin ofc.):

I hope it helps!
              Last edited by Metalfist; 05-24-2015, 05:41 PM.
              -Fn>Metalfist
              ---------------------
              Siege Building | BT-CrashOut | CTF-AsteroidDrill | UT99 Ports&Muts | Nyandeemer | LogoSplash | CTF-Bedrooms2 | Unreal Papercrafts | Unreal Monsters | ChaosUT | UT-SLV: Strangelove | Zunnie's Mug

Comment

Originally posted by Gooba View Post
                Trying to figure out what a Necris Skaarj could look like...

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
                Stevie's corner
                My UT4 maps
                Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Needs more NanoBlack! )

Comment

Originally posted by Metalfist View Post
                    @EvilGrins: Haha that's my screenshot x)

@Gooba: Wow! That looks so good, the best concept so far imo! The tusks look so right! I'm still missing some things so I made a paint-over with descriptions to illustrate those points (mainly for shape / as normal skaarj have green skin ofc.):

I hope it helps!
                    This is essentially perfect. Tech parts are even great, as these are advanced aliens. Just slightly dial back the “Necris” style, and this is what Skaarj in a reboot should look like.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcrack View Post
                      and this is the reason why we should go back to the Original Skaarj and make this
                      in 3D Photo realistic .
                      http://members.home.nl/bartje321/ut/...ers/skaarj.JPG
                      I'm a big fan of the original, probably why I play MonsterHunt so much, but what about build?

SkaarjScout was thin, SkaarjWarrior (what you had above) is average, SkaarjBerserker was like one on steroids:

I'm rather fond of the steroid version, and while that may not pertain to upgraded Skaarj designs... I think it's good to keep in mind that future Skaarj appearances should take into consideration different degrees of the hierarchy of the species; more advanced being buffer looking.
                      Last edited by EvilGrins; 05-26-2015, 03:24 PM. Reason: typo
                      Have you hugged a Skaarj today?

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/

Comment

I'm all for this model - best concept out here (like most concepts by Gooba - Man, big respect!)

Comment

I'm a big fan of the original, probably why I play MonsterHunt so much, but what about build?

SkaarjScout was thin, SkaarjWarrior (what you had above) is average, SkaarjBerserker was like one on steroids:

i am too! ( i am was on the side of Killerbee and Pizzi(✝2014 MH-Hall of Fame in the Heaven (he has lived in MH))
                          but i am not an 3D Artworker. I be now at 15. on an retraining in the next 2 years and mus me concentrate to an completely different.

Papercoffee, make an nice drawing for the SkaarjTrooper and Skaarj Sniper and have targeted, but the normal Skaarj did he easily not pointed out *imho*

I'm rather fond of the steroid version, and while that may not pertain to upgraded Skaarj designs... I think it's good to keep in mind that future Skaarj appearances should take into consideration different degrees of the hierarchy of the species; more advanced being buffer looking.
                          you're right.. more muskles, less muskles , stronger "up stand" hairs or broken hears ,
                          in direction of nature, -> you're more healthy be you higher on the rank, you Have broken Hairs, less strong or an broken arm, go you down in the Rank/hierarchic ..
                          something in this direction ..

best regards
                          Blacky

Comment

Maybe the Skaarj in Invasion should be separate to the Skaarj in the Tournament, in terms of design. Like the Skaarj in Invasion could be more towards the classic aesthetic, while the Skaarj in the Tournament could be a reboot aesthetic.

Originally posted by Tidal Blast
                            The thread is getting old. We've seen some really great work done for this. What happened to the 6 Skaarjs that were shown in this thread?
                            There's probably already a Skaarj being made behind the scenes, if Gooba's isn't already official like most of his other concepts.
                            Last edited by OMNIETY OMEGA; 05-27-2015, 04:40 AM.
                            Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

Also remember that the skaarj in UT99 and in UT2004 isn't pure skaarj, but skaarj-human hybrids, just saying, because many comments gave me the impression of that they think that the UT99 and UT2004 skaarj characters are pure skaarj. In Invasion the players fought against pure skaarjs, who also have a queen, but in the tournaments the players fought against hybrids.

Comment

(UT: GOTY -> Unreal Tournament : Game of the Year Edition (Modification))
                                http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/UT#Races
                                http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Skaarj_Hybrid

was an special own Game edition and it's not really the "one"

and the Hybrids comes later also as extra addons :

and behind on the Goty Edition with.

the Monsterhunt for UT99 has bring back all Unreal1 Monsters and also other modifications for UT99.
                                Like Operation Napali, Return to Napali for ut99, Funel Plalace, Pleasure Plalace, Sniper , and many other modifications

best regards
                                Blacky
                                Last edited by Blackcrack; 05-27-2015, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X