X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by artuur View Post
    Gooba, please, could you draw a classic Unreal Skaarj?
    agreed, maybe more in this direction ? but without jacked but with Horn plates like the Unreal1 Skaarj

would be nice if you draw an original Skaarj Gooba, please can you draw an Unreal1 Skaarj ?
    Last edited by Blackcrack; 05-20-2015, 07:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Gooba View Post
    Trying to figure out what a Necris Skaarj could look like...

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Gooba, please, could you draw a classic Unreal Skaarj?

Leave a comment:

• replied

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    WOW, Gooba you're da boss
    This is something completely new and I love it. I wonder if necris could gather necrified versions of different races into one team?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
    If we disregarded all the legacy ideas about Skaarj we'd run the risk of ending up here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16407[/ATTACH]

Ok not really but you get the point...
    *lol* i had the picture also ! but i did not use, because, it's too cuteness scheme

Quotidian *thumps up*
    in this direction but less horns on the head, more tusks
    and more naturally ..

Papercoffee, clearly too much Coffee (because the lil cute Animal) *grin* !

Gooba, right direction, but to big tusks and more green and not Blue.
    The "Rastas" should be more Horn extensions, like bigger stronger Hair and not
    so thin on the human, they should be able to stand like on the U1, they stand they more ..
    This is the reason why the square head also fits on U1Skaarj, the stand hair round it off.
    but more open eyes, not cuteness scheme, more angry, hunting eyes, not pressure-closed eyes , the most work make the pupil :

if you look some eyes :

Click image for larger version

Name:	1183224255.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	338107 in this, angry and no fear direction Click image for larger version

Name:	eyes-1.png
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	338108
    i think it is much better as narrowed eyes .. The sit of the eyeball make it . and the middle/size of the pupil

like so : Click image for larger version

Name:	skaarj-gimp-gooba-1280.png
Size:	900.0 KB
ID:	338109

And more in direction in this direction (no Jacket), Not so lifted/not so aloof like your's Gooba, more coarse, bully .. in Green

Gooba , what you thinking ? (because, the Original Skaarj was Green, because, from where he is, his derivation / lineage . )

best regards
    Blacky
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Blackcrack; 05-20-2015, 03:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really like the eyes and the upper face bone structure.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
    If we disregarded all the legacy ideas about Skaarj we'd run the risk of ending up here:

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...id=16407&stc=1

I don't know ...but this picture gives me the creeps
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied

Click image for larger version

Name:	strange-animals-you-didnt-know-1.jpg
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	338102

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
    @Quotidian
    Maybe not disregarding ALL the legacy stuff ...but less clinging to it would be healthier for a progress.
    It's more about crystallizing or identifying whatever made the skaarj interesting in the first place. So the tusks, I guess, and the pose/sense of agility. But imo it doesn't necessarily have to be lizard-like, it doesn't need the uni-brow, the tail or the head tendrils.

I like your idea about colours for the skin. But that actual face coloring looks not really intimidating.
    Yes, I clearly went a bit nuts, but it was intentional.

If you look at Dragon Age Inquisition, they went sort of the same way as well. I think it made their dragons look very cool (and that game has amazing art design in general)
    ยจ

Can you describe it?
    Maybe I can find it. I know someone who is a Skaarj fan (fanatic).
    No, not really. Kind of remember it as having very small tusks and a large open mouth. Big, acid green eyes. Could be entirely wrong though. In the same leak was a wireframe screenshot of a buggy type vehicle, probably an Unreal Warfare vehicle or something. We were blown away by the polycount... it was probably about 2-3000 or something, lol.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ValisInUnderland View Post
    i think what alot of the people clinging to ut99 are forgetting that pretty much every character had a similar model, only the skins varied somewhat, if i recal there were maybe 4-5 models, including females,

it's now possible to further expand on that art direction, when then it wasnt ,
    don;t ***** about what you think should be done so much blackcrack, all ive witnessed from your posts are a constant shutdown of any sort of progress, this isnt your unreal tournament alone,
    how you've imagined it and held it dear isnt necessarily how others have
    i think if you want to be so critical, you put something material forward instead of critique
    Hi ValisInUnderland,

you see it wrong, we had U2, 2004 and also Ut3 , all has become an of any sort of progress, but what was,
    an every more distancing of the original and primary, and was every more distanciation on the Original.
    And this is it, why we should take at first the Original, from Unreal1 for setting up an Original again, then
    can we change the Character, this is why i am ever and ever pray to make the original, or have you seen
    in the last Years the original Skaarj from Unreal1 on the u2,2003/4 and Ut3 ?
    I not, only some Pictures from Krall's where was very well, but they was rejected, but they was very well !
    Instead of this became some made unfamiliar Krall for Ut3 .

This is why i want to become an Original Skaarj as the first Skaarj in Photorealism . I hope you see now, why.

and by the way, i have changing some of Pictures for see, and demonstrate, how can it be better, if you have this noticed.
    and i am not an 3D Artworker, i can only at moment working with gimp . I have not enough time for learning 3D Art.

best regards
    Blacky
    Last edited by Blackcrack; 05-19-2015, 12:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @Quotidian
    Maybe not disregarding ALL the legacy stuff ...but less clinging to it would be healthier for a progress.
    I like your idea about colours for the skin. But that actual face coloring looks not really intimidating.

I'll rework my concept a little bit more ...but I still like my jaw mechanism.

Originally posted by Quotidian
    I remember seeing a leaked skaarj model that I think James Green did that looked really cool at the time
    Can you describe it?
    Maybe I can find it. I know someone who is a Skaarj fan (fanatic).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ValisInUnderland View Post
    i think what alot of the people clinging to ut99 are forgetting that pretty much every character had a similar model, only the skins varied somewhat, if i recal there were maybe 4-5 models, including females,
    The Skaarj have always had unique models.

Leave a comment:

• replied

it's now possible to further expand on that art direction, when then it wasnt ,
    don;t ***** about what you think should be done so much blackcrack, all ive witnessed from your posts are a constant shutdown of any sort of progress, this isnt your unreal tournament alone,
    how you've imagined it and held it dear isnt necessarily how others have
    i think if you want to be so critical, you put something material forward instead of critique

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Quotidian,

disregard all the legacy stuff from the whole animals ? Also the Skaarj ?
    This was try in Unreal2, this was try in UnrealTournament2003/4
    and? The Old Community don't change and stayed on U1 and UT99 .
    Did you think not, it is an reason why has the whole Unreal1 and Unreal Monsterhunt stuff has works ?
    This is the reason why i try to bring you are on this way, to make an Real Skaarj like it on Unreal1/UT99 it was.
    Because, this has works fully over the whole Years .. Only, because you maybe not have not play Unreal1 or something,
    or only UT, want be an real fail, if we now, there on the possible to make it alive, in Photo realistic,
    all change because you think "commoon, this is all old ****" But, this old "****" has work over the whole years and hold the Community in U1 and UT99MH together ..
    And even this "old ****" has works over the whole Years and we need exactly this Skaarj back for the next 20 Years.

And by the way not too heavy coloured .. this lizard look's maybe not bad, but it's easy toooooo heavy for an Skaarj *smile*
    and make it dark green .. it's better, should be not an signal colour, more an hiding colour .
    An Skaarj it is an Actor where comes out of the Dark and make, therefore this an creepy feeling, because we can not know if there an Skaarj or an brute ..
    because both should also not over coloured .. because, who needs colours in Caves, who needs colours in the dark and sinister gloomy part of an Forest where be hunting..
    where it is all green ..

This lizard in your picture at bottom it is in Wedding mood for become an female and not on hunting, because, it's an plant eater !
    and because it is a herbivore, don't need to hiding and don't need to hunting.. and don't need hiding colours
    so a total different breed . No chance to compare with it *grin*

Skaarj is a hunter, Skaarj is a meat eater and need an hiding colour , an dark green.. maybe with more dark green stripes or dark green colour with light green stripes .
    like in this green who you have take Quotidian Easy an Hiding Colors and dark colors ..

and by the way, can you maybe make the tusks more like an ice chopping or hack and maybe
    make more looking on top, like i have change the picture ? And like papercoffee
    and me says, make the Eyes more Click image for larger version

Name:	skaarj-eyes.png
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	338025
    And really, we should more stay on the Original Skaajr ..
    otherwise become we an totally other Actor .. and not an Skaarj.. like in UT3 ..
    the same its with the Krall, we need stay on the Original or we become an Mixed something.. like in UT3 ..

Quotidian can you make for me an -front- Picture of your Skaarj ? I want set in other eyes on it, easy to see how it looks.
    (if works, with out the whole colours ?)

best regards
    Blacky
    Last edited by Blackcrack; 05-18-2015, 01:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X