• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
    **** it, you made me imagine this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17156[/ATTACH]
    thesse are so kawaiii!!!!

Comment

When I think of Skaarj, this is what I think of, Fartuess posted this image already but it's sooooo Skaarj. And of course, after a good kill, he has to shake the dreads and Roar.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by The Demon Slick; 06-13-2015, 10:54 PM. Reason: (credit fartuess for already posted the same image on previous page)
      I will die for you, but only in a virtual way. And only if it helps my team win. Or if I'm really drunk.

Comment

Unrelated, some years ago I had a few of these made, oak, medium heavy char, for a hobby of mine. ;-0
        Attached Files
        I will die for you, but only in a virtual way. And only if it helps my team win. Or if I'm really drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Dementiurge View Post
          It'd probably be more fun to not have the Skaarj at all.

Instead have velociraptor-headed nightmares. Because everyone loves velociraptors.
          Now you're talking!

Comment

I don't recall the Unreal1 Skaarj roaring much, ut2004 roared not very much in game, but the ones I'm most used to it from are the U2 Skaarj:

Though they roared when they saw you, before they attacked, after they killed you, and if they stubbed their toe.

Can have raptors too, but no ditching the Skaarj! Get rid of the human players; very overrated species.
            Last edited by EvilGrins; 06-15-2015, 05:55 PM. Reason: roaring
            Have you hugged a Skaarj today?

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Gooba View Post
              Trying to figure out what a Necris Skaarj could look like...

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Gosh this is beautiful!!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilGrins View Post
                I love the U2 design, but one of the chief complaints I heard in forums about it was it looked like a Skaarj/Gorilla hybrid.
                Which is why the concept Shletten posted is perfect. The final Skaarj in Unreal 2 were gorilla-like, but that Unreal 2 Skaarj concept does an exquisite job of fleshing out the Unreal 1 warrior-class Skaarj. It retains the insectoid features, which makes it unique from every other Skaarj rehash we've ever seen. It's also proud and upright like the original Skaarj, as opposed to the lumbering, hunched over designs a lot of people have posted.

Man, if someone made a UT4 Skaarj true to that U2 concept all my wishes would come true and I'd never play as anything else.

Comment

I would like to see at least one skaarj be reminiscent of the original. I like the U2 image I'm seeing but I also find a lot of similarity in Brick for Borderlands. Key features being tall, good posture, exaggerated upper body with a slender waist.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	kI2wZ.png
Views:	1
Size:	361.3 KB
ID:	338505
                  RoseBumRPG - UDK Converter - Grenade Launcher Prototype - Lightning Gun Prototype

Comment

Originally posted by Trev View Post
                    I would like to see at least one skaarj be reminiscent of the original. I like the U2 image I'm seeing but I also find a lot of similarity in Brick for Borderlands.
                    To be honest, I'm seeing scant resemblance. That Skaarj is far more balanced.

Comment

Hey everyone! Some amazing stuff on here! I have been lurking on the forums for a few months on and off (Huge fan), and the Skaarj sounded like an amazing opportunity to have some fun! Finally got some free time off of freelance and am now looking to contribute to the fun! So I started out today by blocking out look of the skaarj based on the original concept posted by Chris of the old school Skaarj concept to get a feel of the character first, and then I went off on my own. A lot of the original Skaarj looks, designs, feels and the overall character to me felt very Predator inspired. The skaarj to me came off as Tribal space aliens, very much like Predator, and UT was there arena. Anyhow here is what I've gotten so far for the day. About 3-5hours worth of work between the first Version and the 2nd version. Tried to stay very loose, and kept limbs as seperate pieces to keep messing with pose and proportions quickly. Spent a little more time on the second versions head to really explore some shapes, designs, silhouette style, etc...

Version One

Version Two

Version Two - Close up

Really interested in everyone's Thoughts! So excited to keep working on some explorations.

-WGallo
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by xerious3d; 07-12-2015, 12:15 AM.
                      William A. Gallo - Gametag: Hox

Comment

I really dig the shape of version 2 but the face isn't cutting it for me. He looks awesome, but Skaarj are also known as a cunning and intelligent species, if anything this design suggests otherwise as he looks like a brute imo. I really like your sculpt but i think a compromise in his facial features needs to be made for him to look like a sophisticated, yet menacing or intimidating being.

Don't feel down about it, it's just not my cup of tea per say, and variety is always good for the community. I know for a fact quite a few people will like this look more than what i prefer.
                        Last edited by Prodigy613; 07-12-2015, 01:02 AM.

Comment

So just wondering, is skaarj gonna be added to the new UT?
                          i love skaarj <3

Comment

@Prodigy613: I agree. After posting him, something about him started to look "demonic" more Diablo esque - What i was going for on version 2, was something scary with some iconic parts from the Skaarj. Was going to see if i could achieve a look that if it had some future tech helmets and the thing came off, you would get a similar scary feel from him as you would when watching the first predator movie after he took his helmet off. Appreciate your thoughts man keep them coming!

With that said, I had another go at exploring another shape with this round. Wanted to bring back that muzzle shape that existed in the ut2k4 version of the Skaarj and try to incorporate more human like qualities to see if it adds to anything. This time around I tried to stay away from doing any quick sharp details in order stay in the bigger shape phase a bit longer. Personally not a fan of the muzzle look mainly because our game and art culture is saturated with Orcs and can sometimes get real close to it if not careful. I would really love to go towards a more organic lizard type design in the next round.

Attached Files
                            William A. Gallo - Gametag: Hox

Comment

You are definitely going some where with this design!

The only comments i have is the top portion of his head seems weird to me, i actually liked your scaly take on his head on version 2, and the horns are a bit low. Other than that he looks awesome!

Comment

I've never really liked the Skaarj pug nose, or the wrinkle mouth. To me if you found some middle ground between the two it would be pretty awesome. The first was badass, but too different.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                                Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X