Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice first post Joeliepoo! That is one of the best Skaarj faces modeled so far! Body is too humanoid but you probably know that.
    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

looks awesome
      ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

Incredible! I would like some dreadlocks though, that would make it perfect.
        > FreezeTag [Blueprint]
        > Reimagining of Greed [BluePrint]
        > Avarice, a DM-variant of Greed [BluePrint]

Comment

Awesome sculpt Joeliepoo, would love to see you continue, would be a great variant mesh for the Skaarj!
          Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
          Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
          Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

Is A Skaarj Hybrid or?
            Attached Files

Comment

I'd be way happier if we were calling these guys Skaarj hybrids instead of Skaarj.
              Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

I agree with that, Wail, and I would actually be perfectly happy with this as a Skaarj hybrid. It just seems absolutely perfect for it since it contains a fair share of human influences/proportions in its designs (on the other hand, other design elements which I have pointed out in my earlier post are reduced).
                I've pretty much (even though indirectly) already listed the reasons why in my earlier post, see also the paintover which serves as a demonstration of how these elements could be reused as they seem to be recurring and strong elements of the Skaarj DNA.

I certainly do understand the wish to keep the human(oid) silhouette mostly intact though, especially due to the goal to reuse the skeleton and for gameplay/balancing reasons, which is why I only went about changing the face/head shape and minor parts of the neck area.
                However, I believe it can also give off more of a Skaarj vibe with smaller modifications than what I have done in said paintover, so I might retry to alter the now officially chosen design, although this time with smaller changes and the goal to achieve a similar effect to what I did before (if my current hardware permits me to).
                Last edited by Sly.; 09-09-2015, 10:57 PM.
                S l y .

Comment

Thanks all for the feedback and encouragement! I'm currently working on refining the concept sculpt. I'll be posting this week with updates.

Comment

When come the Skaarj. Character in the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                      When come the Skaarj. Character in the game?
                      Next week.
                      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Next week sure?

Comment

Since we seen it is it possible for @devs someone to post official pics, YemYam style?
                          Join the community Facebook page
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

I hope for next week for the Character comes

Comment

I'm not a big fan of that punky hairstyle, I prefer when dreads come out of the back part of the head only. Also not sure if their natural "hair" colour is black...
                              But I guess there will be variants...

Same for horns. On the models they're obstucting the mouth too much, shouldn't be easy for him to eat. I would like them more vertical...
                              Reminder :
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by toninus; 09-10-2015, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Yes Epic Variants was good for hairstyle xD is this sure with Skaarj Character next week?
                                Last edited by Frostbite83; 09-10-2015, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X