This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I think the mechanical arm is a bit too much fashion over function - it just looks like it would be in the way. Additionally, the teeth that I'm seeing on most of the concepts within this thread have two major gripes with me, 1, the teeth always look as if they're angled inwards instead of outwards. It just makes me think whenever they speak that that's gotta be really painful. 2, there appears to be a common theme that the Skaarj are animalistic, as seen from the sort of gorilla-like stance that a lot of the characters have. I always saw the Skaarj has a cross between the Predator and Orcs from Warcraft. Certainly not stupid, but, saturated in tradition, even if they have interstellar flight all worked out, portraying them as animalistic is sort of conveying the wrong idea, innit bruv?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I love most of the design, however I think it could do without the mechanical arm. I liked 2004 skaarj.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Chong View Post
    Just my thoughts.
    I like your thoughts. Especially the skaarj boarding party gametype.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think you hit it right on the nail Chong. Two separate skaarj types would be ideal. One to focus more on practicality from a tournament champion side and the other to just be outright frightening.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm afraid I'm gonna have to side with the unreal 2 skarrj. That big beefy form with the blades is perfect.

However I don't necessarily think you want those guys to be leaping about holding guns. I think it might be worth making seperate threads for pure bloods and hybrids.
    Alot of the discusion in here seems to be based on the divide between the two. With 2 threads each group could focus on perfecting the Skaarj they love.

Hybrids, being leaner, work alot better in the tournament itself and as playable characters (jumping around and shooting people)
    Pure bloods excel at melee, when one of those beefcakes lines you up in thier sights and starts charging you (terrifying but awesome)

Maybe the pure bloods could be worked into the game through unique gametypes or mutators. (A mutator that lands a skaarj boarding party smack in the middle of the round for everyone to deal with would be pretty fun)

Just my thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Trekz, nope, it's more an "Troll" from Europe as an Skaarj .. Department of trash ....
    Last edited by Blackcrack; 10-23-2014, 03:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A quick sketch with my idea for the skarj.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very nice work ToGe!

TrûFa power!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    just for reference. The skaarj from UT99 . Took the liberty of digging into the mesh browser and make a small collage. Don't know if it will be of use in this advanced stage. But anyway.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    on the one side all of the concepts are looking great .. really but on the other side ... most of them are not Skaarjs for me!
    Skaarjs are very well defined in unreal1, unreal2 and ut2k4. The most important thing is, they going fully upright and don't have tons of spikes on their body (like a hedgehog). Most of this creations here looks more like a krall from ut3 than a skaarj from the unreal series.

don't get me wrong the concepts looks great and it's an interesting creature design but i hope epic won't do a fully redesign of them

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice work ToGe! keep working like that!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi !! first of all, nice designs!, i saw that thread for a few days and i decided to participate!! my version of the skaarj is like the first picture of the skaarj in this thread, is a prototype, it still missing many details, but i gave my best :P,i hope you like it.

http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/bpr-render5-1116139.jpg

http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/bpr-...23-1116152.jpg

http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/redner1-1116147.jpg
    Last edited by ToGe; 10-06-2014, 07:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Skaarj.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	330748

This is really cool Skaarj concept from years ago by UnrealSp forum member Neutr0n.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i agree to E4E-Eyes, i liked the Skaarj Concepts everyone made so far, but from UT2004, the Skaarj Species looked more of a combatant and cool looking character that fitted perfectly into UT2004, such as Dominator, Clanlord, Drekorig, Skakruk and Guardian. i was hoping a UT4 concept to look similar to the skaarj in UT2004 like Clanlord, as it was a perfect style of skaarj that might have an opportunity to fit into UT4 if Improvements are made, such as the new UT4 Skaarj Concept.

so far so good. Keep it going,

im actually interested to see what the new skaarj will look like in UT4
    Last edited by Dark-Ice; 09-30-2014, 02:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like the ideas of the Skaarj that have always been done. I particularly liked the ones in Unreal 2 as their sheer size really made them seem more alien and different than the Skaarj hyrbrids in UT99 and the smaller ones in UT2004 though. However, making them into really big targets could adversely affect their popularity.

Mostly though their tails just seem to only be there for the sake of style. The tails don't seem to really cause them to balance like the Jen'mokai tails do. The Skaarj tails are just sort of there, though the UT2004 idea of having some of the tails have crude, sharp bones and such on them I think was a great idea. Maybe some of the Skaarj could have cybernetic implants on their tales and maybe things that look like guns or something.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X