This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No nipples plz.

The chest looks wierd around the ribs, like if he was hungry, personaly, I don't like it, I'd see something like, the upper chest stay the same, the lower chest a bit more roundy and less inside, I think ryu upthere can be a good example, but that's my oppinion.

The eyes, this skaarj have goat eyes, I'd expect more carnivorious reptile eyes.

Current eyes

Expected eyes

Other than that, it ****ing amazing, I love this model, I want it in the game fast.

Comment

I'm back on the model. Look for an update before next Tuesday. BigFatErik you read my mind with the cloth bits. I was adding those when I saw your post. Thanks UT peeps!

Comment

I love these concepts but I noticed the Skaarj in the actual UT4 game are underwhelming looking. By that I mean they aren't menacing enough. Are they just placeholders or is it gonna stay like that? By menacing I mean how the Skaarj looked in 2k4 or how the Krall looked in UT3. I noticed that with the Skaarj concepts as well as the robot concepts in UT4.

Comment

Hey all,

I was hoping to get a bit further along before I sent renders out but maybe that'd be defeating the point of posting here. I've waited long enough already. I'll post some nicer renders later (Keyshot or something). I get the feeling that a lot of people would like to see a completely armor-less torso at some point. As is I can remove all of that stuff, but it would be cool if we had the functionality to swap out parts in game for the lowpoly model. I could see doing kits for this character essentially making several character variants from this one model. I've included a render of surface treatment for the base metal/armor just so that you can get an idea how beaten the metal could be on this Skaarj. Please let me know what you all think. I'll be doing a wear and tear pass on him in the meantime. If everybody is cool with this dude I can start building the game mesh for him.

Thanks,

Joel
          Attached Files

Comment

Dayum! Joel at it again! Grade AA as always! Looking forward to the low poly and some sexy ingame shots!
            Artstation :: Personal Blog
            Currently working on DM-SinkHole

Comment

Wow, Chill and a Joeliepoo update on the same day! Insane stuff Joel. Got my finger preloaded on the Marketplace "buy" button .
              Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Dang, he looks so mean and tough. I really wanna see that thing in game!! totally suited for a bloody arena shooter. Armor looks awesome all around, it looks futuristic but plausible. The pants look good too. They look more suited for the skaarj than the current model which is using repurposed camouflaged BDU pants (looks wack IMO). The way the back connects to the tail area looks super realistic, too.

10/10, I'd buy that from the marketplace for sure. But dont forget that some of us (i.e. ME) would like to see a battle damaged skaarj as well! Same model, minus almost all upper body armor, shredded pants, and busted up lower body armor ftw!! Just thinkin' out loud :P

EDIT: I was so mesmerized by the screenies, I didn't see that you mentioned having an armor-less torso at a later date as part of a "modularity" pack or something. That'd be really cool!! Still, think about battle scarring as a separate option though I cant stop staring at your renders, I have a hard time imagining anything people would find wrong with them!
                Last edited by BigFatErik; 03-10-2016, 03:36 AM.
                ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
                Frag video featuring Rookie
                Frag video featuring Phantaci
                Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Amazing update Joeliepoo, you really knocked this guy out of the park. Excellent design and pro modeling skills!
                  Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
                  Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
                  Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

Yeah sick stuff man
                    ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

Originally posted by Joeliepoo View Post

Hey all,

I was hoping to get a bit further along before I sent renders out but maybe that'd be defeating the point of posting here. I've waited long enough already. I'll post some nicer renders later (Keyshot or something). I get the feeling that a lot of people would like to see a completely armor-less torso at some point. As is I can remove all of that stuff, but it would be cool if we had the functionality to swap out parts in game for the lowpoly model. I could see doing kits for this character essentially making several character variants from this one model. I've included a render of surface treatment for the base metal/armor just so that you can get an idea how beaten the metal could be on this Skaarj. Please let me know what you all think. I'll be doing a wear and tear pass on him in the meantime. If everybody is cool with this dude I can start building the game mesh for him.

Thanks,

Joel
                      We need a jaw dropping smiley ...I love this model.

OK can we NOW call the official Skaarj player-model which is already in the game a Skaarj-Hybrid? And Joeliepoo's one is the true Skaarj? Can we ...huh ...can we, can we? PUULEEEAAASEEEE!!

And yes, I want the Skaarj-Hybrids back.
                      ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

This is looking sick! When can it be in-gameee
                        -Fn>Metalfist
                        ---------------------
                        Siege Building | BT-CrashOut | CTF-AsteroidDrill | UT99 Ports&Muts | Nyandeemer | LogoSplash | CTF-Bedrooms2 | Unreal Papercrafts | Unreal Monsters | ChaosUT | UT-SLV: Strangelove | Zunnie's Mug

Comment

Joeliepoo , your last update is looking marvelous! The best looking Skaarj I've seen so far.

Hope Epic will choose this model as the official Skaarj warrior, it truly deserve the first place imho

Easy, it's Epic quality
                          Stevie's corner
                          My UT4 maps
                          Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

This one is awesome, I love it, but the eyes still look like goat eyes, and it bugs me so much, I just don't like the way they look.

PS : I use my legendary bad editing skills to show what I have in mind :

Before

After

What do you think ?
                            Last edited by Shkikri; 03-11-2016, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Personally I'm perfectly fine with the "goat" eyes. It gives them a nice touch for the Skaarj's alien side. Because they look like reptilians doesn't necessarly mean they are. They certainly don't have to match earth "standards".

Comment

Originally posted by Shkikri View Post
                                This one is awesome, I love it, but the eyes still look like goat eyes, and it bugs me so much, I just don't like the way they look.

PS : I use my legendary bad editing skills to show what I have in mind :

Before

After

What do you think ?
                                Never took much of a look at the eyes, nothing to really complain about or suggest because they looked fine how they were. But after seeing this, i can undoubtedly say i prefer these eyes more to the "goat" eyes .

Comment

Working...
                                X