This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joeliepoo View Post
    One has to be chosen because of a mouth difference? The biggest differences I see are proportions, and a bit of armor style difference. Organic parts, I think, can vary greatly just as they do in humans.
    Agree completely. While there's indeed common things beetwen Skaarjs (of a same caste notably), genetic showed us that there's always more or less subtle differences on a same species. We have white, black, yellow skinned humans which can be tall, small, strong, big, with pointy or curved nose, chuby of flat cheeks. Yet we're all humans.
    I think it's really interesting to have multiple variation like that into the same race. It really give each character it's own identity.

I would enjoy getting both these models. The tricky part would be, which one should I choose in game ? They both look really good.

Comment

Yes we have different skin tones, hair, eyes and so on...
      But here it looks too different to be the same species, while the rest of the body is quite similar. Just my opinion btw...

Comment

In what way are they too different to be the same species ? Let's take another exemple. Dogs, they are so many different Dogs they possess even more differences beetwen them than humans do... I believe. Yet they're all dogs.
        Comparatively I don't think there's that much big (there's many subtle ones however) differences beetwen Jolie Skaarj and Ben Skaarj.

Comment

Now, I kinda want a new unreal game (Solo-Campaign i mean)!

This model looks so awesome, especially in motion!

A fanmade remaster or redux of unreal 1 would be so cool, just like a black mesa-project maybe???^^

Comment

Actually there was an attempt to do a remake of Unreal right here.

But it didn't turned out very well... I let you read the thread to kno what were the issues with such a project.

Comment

People are really opinionated about the Unreal games, including UT. Our attempt at a UT remake UTR barely made it into beta without falling apart because the programmer was pulling in a different direction from the rest of us. The only way for a project like this to succeed is either for the lead of the project to have the time, energy and skills to pull off most of the hard work themselves (unlikely) or at least have a vision a few hard working people can get behind, and good work ethic. Too many inexperienced people trying to make these things. I was too. Anyway, I digress since this thread is about Skaarj.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
              Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Quotidian View Post
                From Ben Erdt's (character modeler @ Guerrilla Games) Artstation

[screenshot]https://cdn0.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/002/169/148/large/ben-erdt-sk-pr-1c.jpg?1458154336[/screenshot][screenshot]https://cdn0.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/002/102/132/large/ben-erdt-sk-pr-3.jpg?1457278449[/screenshot]

Maybe he can be convinced to "donate" it to UT4
                At first I thought that Skaarj was just way too different, but I can imagine labelling it as a different "caste" of skaarj to be honest. like... this brand of skaarj is bred for up-close fighting with unmatched ferocity in the tunnels of a hive world or something. The face looks totally scary, and the armor is pretty decent, but that body... I'M bigger than that skaarj in real life! They shouldnt look like basketball players, they should look like dominating warriors. Arms, shoulders, feet and legs need to be beefed up BIG time.
                ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
                Frag video featuring Rookie
                Frag video featuring Phantaci
                Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quotidian View Post
                  From Ben Erdt's (character modeler @ Guerrilla Games) Artstation

[screenshot]https://cdn0.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/002/169/148/large/ben-erdt-sk-pr-1c.jpg?1458154336[/screenshot][screenshot]https://cdn0.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/002/102/132/large/ben-erdt-sk-pr-3.jpg?1457278449[/screenshot]

Maybe he can be convinced to "donate" it to UT4
                  I worked together with Ben on this project on the rigging side of it
                  its available as a maya rig to download here: http://perryleijten.com/download/Skaarj_Rig.rar
                  bones are named propperly so could be matched with the unreal mannequin

enjoy
                  Last edited by peerke; 06-20-2016, 12:22 PM.

Comment

This Skaarj concept is simply A M A Z I N G !!!
                    Stevie's corner
                    My UT4 maps
                    Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by peerke View Post
                      I worked together with Ben on this project on the rigging side of it
                      its available as a maya rig to download here: http://perryleijten.com/download/Skaarj_Rig.rar
                      bones are named propperly so could be matched with the unreal mannequin

enjoy
                      Really awesome! Thanks. May I ask why you haven't share it at the UT marketplace?
                      work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Originally posted by HeisenbergTrip View Post
                        Really awesome! Thanks. May I ask why you haven't share it at the UT marketplace?
                        mainly because we haven't really looked into the unreal marketplace :P but we will do now
                        i used to work with ut3 but never really got to work with the new unreal engine. Only used it to check if the rig was working and what was needed (orients, extra bones, etc.),
                        thing is, the new unreal editor works so smoothly that i got everything up and running within 30 minutes, even retargetting animations ( somewhat )
                        never really got the time to check it out more then that :P

Comment

You guys did an awesome job, peerke. It's so great to see the viciousness via the animation. I actually like that physically he's not that bulked out and is a little on the lanky side. It's unexpected and cool.

Please pass along my compliments to the others who worked on this.
                          Last edited by Rick Kohler; 06-22-2016, 11:40 AM. Reason: typo

Rick Kohler

rick.kohler@epicgames.com

Comment

thanks Rick!

this weekend we will convert the textures so they work correctly in the unreal engine and export the skeleton.
                            so we can put it on the marketplace for free

Comment

Originally posted by peerke View Post
                              thanks Rick!

this weekend we will convert the textures so they work correctly in the unreal engine and export the skeleton.
                              so we can put it on the marketplace for free
                              You sirs, are awesome... !!!

Comment

Whoa! That was totally unexpectedly great work peerke. :O I would even prefer using this concept of Skaarj to the ingame one.
                                Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 06-24-2016, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X