Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really love how it looks like by now. The muscles are really realistic, and the overall stature is the best. My only question for the future will be the skins. I like it with or without the amor, but for the scale/skin colors ? I don't know.

Something really reptilian would be neat. I guess a mix between two main and flashy colors would be amazing. Just like rare snakes.

EG :

Attached Files
    http://lordkaniche.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by peerke View Post
      thanks Rick!

this weekend we will convert the textures so they work correctly in the unreal engine and export the skeleton.
      so we can put it on the marketplace for free

If you have any questions, technical or otherwise, ping me and I'll try to get them answered.

Rick Kohler

rick.kohler@epicgames.com

Comment

sick job guys appreciated

Comment

Does that mean we'll be able to play UT as this Skaarj very soon? Was this model created with weapon holding etc. in mind? It looks amazing. Great work. What about Joelipoo's model when will we see that in-game? So many questions...

Comment

Originally posted by [EPIC] Rick Kohler View Post
            If you have any questions, technical or otherwise, ping me and I'll try to get them answered.

exporting the fbx to the engine is no problem at all but Ben will need some time to convert the textures properly
            the only questions that remain:
            is there a separate first person rig ? like high-rez arms only?
            and is point-constraining the ik_hand and ik_foot bones enough?

Comment

Originally posted by peerke View Post
              exporting the fbx to the engine is no problem at all but Ben will need some time to convert the textures properly
              the only questions that remain:
              is there a separate first person rig ? like high-rez arms only?
              and is point-constraining the ik_hand and ik_foot bones enough?
              Hey Peeeke, let me get with the rigger and get back with you. Do not think there is separate rig for FP.

Rick Kohler

rick.kohler@epicgames.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
                Actually there was an attempt to do a remake of Unreal right here.

But it didn't turned out very well... I let you read the thread to kno what were the issues with such a project.
                Thx for the redirection, gonna read the thread through!

Comment

This may seem like an odd question... but someone recently made a playable version of the SkaarjWarrior for ut99 and I find skinning it is easy, but I need faces for the talk texture:

Does anybody mind if I take faces off the Skaarj in this thread to use for that?
                  Have you hugged a Skaarj today?

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/

Comment

love current gen skaarj but due to epics decisions they look liek skinny catwalk models cuz they have to fit hjuman skeleton xd pretty fugly but still goregeous looking midget skaarjs

Comment

Any update or news on this Skarrj model?

Comment

[MENTION=47186]Joeliepoo[/MENTION] magically disappeared!

-Luigi Rapetta
                        (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                        Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by 'Rheap View Post
                          Any update or news on this Skarrj model?
                          The ut99 one or the UT4 one?
                          Have you hugged a Skaarj today?

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/

Comment

I think Joeliepoo's one.

-Luigi Rapetta
                            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                            Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by EvilGrins View Post
                              The ut99 one or the UT4 one?
                              The UT4 one.
                              I love the design of the natural Skarrj instead of the Hybrid

Comment

I'm still here! Sorry I have been working on the game version of that Skaarj model. There's a ton of work involved with these models but just some texture work left to do. I would like to post an update soon. Home stretch!

Comment

Working...
                                X