Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work everyone! The ears definitely have to go so Chris' update on Seth's design looks great to me.
    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

For fun. And Lore. And a minor face update.

*Translated from the Skaarj native tongue of clicks, hisses, growls and chirps.

Comment

very nice! love the new nostrils! haha!

Comment

Minor? Looks significantly better to me.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
          Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

This concept has been developing nicely. He's coming together, actually looking like a Skaarj and individualized enough that I can see how other Skaarj might follow that form but have unique distinguishing characteristics.
            Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

VERY impressive stuff guys

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Perna View Post
                I tweaked it a bit so that it's more nostrils to give him a reptilian feel. I also removed the ears and shortened the tusks. I made the eyes a tad larger and broadened the brow to be more like the original. We will have all shapes and sizes of these creature so take the crits or leave them. Either way it's looking good.
                That's really awesome Definitely the right direction & really close to that original feeling.

The only thing that still bother me is that silhouette...
                I tried to do a weeny paintower... in MS paint Literally I wiped out the back part just to see how it will look like.
                And the result actually feels quite different for me, more skaarj-like Tusks however still seems to be a bit too big...

I hope you guys won't blame me too much for this.

BTW, good job Teriyaki!
                Last edited by K-2; 05-30-2014, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Right, Teriyaki's last image is amazing!
                  Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
                  My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Originally posted by seth. View Post
                    Wadaya know today was a national holiday in the Netherlands

I tried to follow as many suggestions as possible based on the feedback that TeriyakiStyle got, and blend the posted concept with some of the older aspects of the Skaarj...this is where I am right now....thoughts?
                    This one looks a bit meaner, i like

Comment

Originally posted by K-2 View Post
                      I tried to do a weeny paintower... in MS paint Literally I wiped out the back part just to see how it will look like.
                      And the result actually feels quite different for me, more skaarj-like Tusks however still seems to be a bit too big...

This one could be a Berserker or more aggressive variation. The tusks even give a bit demonic feel so maybe this one could even evolve to a (sami) Warlord specimen!
                      I wouldn't change a thing about it but what do I know... nothing other than it looks EPIC
                      TeriyakiStyle's looks indeed more like a "normal" or classic variation. I like how this all is going since we'll have a lot of perfectly done versions to suit everyone's view on the Skaarj.

Still love an orkish look on both Awesome job as always.

Comment

Chris: Ace! Thanks for the paintover, I will be making the changes over the weekend.

TeriyakiStyle: looking sweet Matt, really love your nose and brow ridge

K -2 : MS Paint ftw. I will drop the traps down somewhat so that the top of his head reads better

Also thanks everyone for the kind words and great feedback....makes getting the direction of these guys right a lot quicker
                        folio

Comment

Originally posted by K-2 View Post
                          That's really awesome Definitely the right direction & really close to that original feeling.

BTW, good job Teriyaki!

Seeing this I think it looks better with toned down traps. I don't think the tusks are too big. Like I said before, at the end of the line there'll be different Skaarj models/faces (I hope) and I think it would make sense to make the tusks variable in size as one means to signify the hierarchy between the Skaarj.

Comment

TeriyakiStyle, that's looking great. Looks like your on the right track.

I love the saying and the attitude as well. I showed JayHawk and he loved it.

He did a quick noodle just to define some shapes a bit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	skarrj.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	328817

FWIW we should and will probably have different shapes and sizes for these guys.

That said, I happen to like the traps large. I feel like it retains some of the original DNA from the Skaarj characters.

Comment

So cool - Thanks guys. I will make those updates. Fun to see all these different approaches and takes on it. I hope to be done with the high poly robo-arm today so I'll post another full body shot soon.

Let's keep going!

Comment

Holy **** guys this thread is fantastic, I doodled up some armor based off one of the original Skaarj armors plus some of my own input of course.
                                I love seeing to collaboration of pros and amateurs going on, that paint over by Jayhawk is just the right kind of nasty for the Skaarj.
                                Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
                                Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

Working...
                                X