Come be a part of the UT character revamp Art Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come be a part of the UT character revamp Art Thread

Come one, come all, to the great, glorious thread that will have EVERY character from Unreal Tournament, UT99 the first, UT2003 the second, UT2004 the third, Unreal Tournament 3 the Fourth (oh the irony), and even the current UT; completely revamped in YOUR designs!

Every character here from Unreal tournament will be completely redone in any way possible, including 3d-modelling, digital drawings, and even hand/drawings (as long as they're darkly outlined enough to see) !

You can concept these characters ALL you like in ANY way! Using your mouse, a drawing tablet, a pencil, tinted charcoals, ANYTHING GOES!

I will have this thread bookmarked to be sure that I can monitor it as much as I want to see ALL your amazing work!

Human, Skaarj, Krall, Nali, Nightmare, Thundercrash, Juggernaut, ANY species from UT is accepted!

Make it beautiful, make it scary, make it epic, make it badass, your choice! But the important thing is to try your best and to have fun!
    No inhumane pictures including puke, feces, vomit, urine, nudity, lewd/sexually graphic pics, profanity, or racism! And certainly no bullying, harassment, or death threats here!
    I'll be looking forward to seeing your awesome artwork/models! Oh, and if you're good enough, I'll be SURE to send the 3d model files to epic to get the characters in the game! Promise!

Originally posted by Waverun View Post
    I'll be looking forward to seeing your awesome artwork/models! Oh, and if you're good enough, I'll be SURE to send the 3d model files to epic to get the characters in the game! Promise!
    Nice try.

But really, what do you think is this whole sub-forum for?
    ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
      Nice try.

But really, what do you think is this whole sub-forum for?
      The sub-forum is for UT characters. However, this whole thread I've come up with is for revamping old characters from past UT games. I know they can already do that but there hasn't been much activity with revamping old characters, so I wanted to see if I could help with that.

Comment

Well, instead of "moderating" a thread can you create content ...this would be more of help.
        ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Simple question, have you actually explored the forum a little bit ? If not, you should. You'll see that there was quite a good bunch of activities before, even for revamping/reworking old characters. But if you look at how things turned out, you'll understand why the acivity reduced drastically.

Honestly throwing just random request/wishes will not help in any way. If you want it to advance, you should be the one who takes the pencil and start concepting/modeling/whatever and do the process from A to Z.

Comment

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
            Well, instead of "moderating" a thread can you create content ...this would be more of help.
            There are a WHOLE lot of people that are better than I am. All I can do is draw by hand and NO ONE likes hand drawings apparently!

Comment

A lot of people like hand drawings. Provided they're, y'know, good.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
              Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                A lot of people like hand drawings. Provided they're, y'know, good.
                Yeah, but people will complain non-stop about stupid things such as anatomy and what have you. That's why I stopped posting my art anywhere. But if I'm really dedicated, I'll post my artwork on this thread.

Comment

The hardest part is pleasing the UT community, I tried many many many designs, revamped them, did some more. I don't want to give up on UT, but in the case of redesigning these characters, I think that epic has the concept people they want to work on them. It will probably take a lot of time before we see these characters assuming the small dev team are working on them or other art aspects of the game.

I like the sci fi gritty look, and the strange characters, so I tried a few of the less popular ones. I got minimal at best feedback, I know I am not the best artist, but it felt like a ghost town when I was doing tons of iterations. It is not the criticism that bothers me, I worked on the Sims game franchise and maxis is the absolutely most picky company! It was the fact that every person, had their own idea of how the new characters should look, but the most important people, the epic devs, did not give any feedback. After doing art for the new UT for over a year, with minimal to no interest from many people, I decided it would be best if I left it to the ones that ultimately make the decisions in the end. I am sad since at first I thought this game would be a community fueled game, but for the past 2 years it is not a community fueled game. In the end they pick the artists, hire them, then let them do the art. I am not angry, just tired and finding other venues for my art I love UT, but everyone that wants new characters, wants them to look like how they want them to look, and I guess I fall in that category as well. I will post the ones I did try to do here, so you can see a few of them

Bah_Mee
                  [screenshot]http://oi65.tinypic.com/2ccuz6f.jpg[/screenshot]
                  [screenshot]http://oi66.tinypic.com/e6erkz.jpg[/screenshot]
                  [screenshot]http://oi63.tinypic.com/ok0wgh.jpg[/screenshot]

I have lots more, but wont upload them now.

Comment

I'll just drop it here:
                    https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...character-arts

Comment

Alright, I've decided to post what I'VE done for character art.

Sadly it's only two images. One I did a couple weeks ago and one I did today. Both of the same character. Lemme know what you think of them. Because I think I'm going to try to work on 3d concepts for her if I can.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X