TSK's Character art experiments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSK's Character art experiments

So Here are a couple attempts at character art, which isn't my strong suit so I decided to practice:

First is based off of a concept by [MENTION=7221]Aberiu[/MENTION] did of romulus:

Second is an experiment where I sculpted a head and setup a necris style material in substance painter:

And last is a face that has seen better days:

Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
    Artist for Chaos: UT

Oh gosh! I really like the Romulus model! I also think your necris head could be used somehow in the game...

You should continue to work on them!!!

-Luigi Rapetta
    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

That's some really good models here !

I think you're on the right tracks for Romulus (or Remus ?) armor. However I think you should keep the green and black color palette. Just to make it reminescent to the color they had in 2k4.

Your sculpting of a necris head does follow Epic's vision on it really well... as for if we like this direction, well that's another subject.

I like the scars on the last one. I feel like a scar of this type could be interesting for Wraith :

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
        That's some really good models here !

I think you're on the right tracks for Romulus (or Remus ?) armor. However I think you should keep the green and black color palette. Just to make it reminescent to the color they had in 2k4.

Your sculpting of a necris head does follow Epic's vision on it really well... as for if we like this direction, well that's another subject.

I like the scars on the last one. I feel like a scar of this type could be interesting for Wraith :
        Thanks for the feedback! I was basing the colors/design on concepts from this thread: https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...u-s-characters

Which I know isn't really the same colors as the original but perhaps he'd like to change his uniform every now and then

One thing I would really like to see is a database of HD screenshotsor even an .FBX file with all the old UT models lined up and tagged with there names) Anyone who could find the time to export them and make it available would be doing the community a huge favor. Even high res screenshots in orthographic views (front/side views) would be a great reference. It's the kind of thing I've been meaning to do however my todo list is too long and time too short these days.

Wraith definitely has a badass look to him that would be fun to try and capture I might give that a try one day.

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
        Oh gosh! I really like the Romulus model! I also think your necris head could be used somehow in the game...

You should continue to work on them!!!
        Thanks! I'm really just having fun blocking things in, @aberiu did a great job on the concept in my opinion he deserves more credit than myself.

Comment

Very impressive!

Comment

Imported the scarred dude into the editor and plugged in the materials. Looks pretty okay I think, even without eyebrows/lashes lol.

Comment

It that head animation-friendly?

-Luigi Rapetta
              (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
              Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
                It that head animation-friendly?
                It's not rigged or anything. That's a bit out of my expertise right now. Also the mouth doesn't have an interior its just the lips so I'd need to add that also.

More or less I did this to get a feel for painting skin in substance.

Comment

Nicely done TSK! My only observation (FWIW) would be the ears; without more definite lobes, they seem a bit 'glued-on', if that's the word? Maybe it's their overall shape, but something seems a bit off with the ears.
                  My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

Attached earlobes actually exist:

Attached Files

-Luigi Rapetta
                    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Working...
                    X