Mr. Crow Concept Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Crow Concept Art

This is a rough work with line-art and basic color, hopefully Ill be able to shade this in the near future.

I think one of the major complaints people had with UT3 is that it took itself too seriously, Now, UT2004 was a bit too cartoony, but I figure bringing back some of the more off the wall characters would help to bring back some of the lightheartedness that makes UT so enjoyable. That being said Mr. Crow is definitely weird enough to fit the bill. The idea I was going with is that whatever created crow is basically Liandri's made in china version of the Necris process, so several elements of the Necris are present, but a lot rougher around the edges. I added more science fiction elements to him (the waist based narcotic delivery system, or possibly a back circulatory system made necessary by the second rate transformation). I also gave him some subtle jack the ripper and New Orleans voodoo elements (which purists will probably hate but whatever)

Attached Files
    Last edited by Melancon; 06-05-2014, 09:20 AM. Reason: add attachment

= ) So...About that scene with the heads on the wall , managed to get into a separate and totally unrelated music video...thru me. =o So about that remark...somebody made
    in regards to these tool heads. geez wtf = D

Comment

Nice! I like your Freaky drawstyle. BTW im a Big Fan of mr. Crow and the nightmares. i have a Few concepts in my Thread of mr Crow. As next i will make some pictures of Domina.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MrCrow Concept armor Kopie.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	389.9 KB
ID:	328729
      Last edited by Wolk; 06-06-2014, 08:06 AM.
      Working On: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...acter-Concepts

Comment

That's actually pretty cool. I always distinguished the nightmares from the Necris in that the Nightmares look like they came from Hell or a Clive Barker Novel!! (Which is actually the Lava planet Purgatory in the original UC lore). The Necris are more like vampires/goths. And of course in UT3, they're kinda like the Borg, filled with nanobots.

Comment

Amazing...
          It's even better than the original concept ( which was already pretty cool by itself ! )

Comment

Updated the shading and colors a bit, made it bit less cartooning and joker esqe. Pushing for a sort of Baron Samedi look rather than skeleton with a gun.

Comment

Love that art for Mr Crow. The absence of color really gives him a sort of "horror film that will scare you sleepless for weeks to come" feel.
              Change for the worse, and you regret every moment.
              Change for the better, and you can't live without it.
              Having the will to embrace change is the real challenge.
              --Captain Crit

Comment

Ehhh...

As a concept in upon itself its pretty cool, I like the detail thats put into it. However, I just cant envision this guy being Mr. Crow. He doesnt seem like he has the wonderfully yet somehow believably wacky design he had in UT2k4. I do like your explanation to the change though, making him more necris than random freak show clown. In the end though, I think I'd prefer to have a design closer to the original's.

I have to honestly say that I think its mostly in the face though, and Wolk nails that part pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                X