Egyptian Concept Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egyptian Concept Art

People appear to have a love/hate relationship with the Egyptians, or anubans, or whatever they're being called nowadays. Some like the UC2 chain-mail bikini approach, others prefer the armored UT2004 versions, others think they're a dirty stargate rip off and don't belong at all. So I decided to **** everyone off and try something completely different. I retained the fancy headdress concept from UC2 and made it more overtly futuristic, added possible thrusters and other high mobility enhancements, along with more armor and a sort of under-armor tech suit. The rifle is an unrelated concept I had sitting in my sketchbook at the time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sci fi eqyptian.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	274.0 KB
ID:	352586

I'm in the Anuban-hate camp myself, but I actually think a design in this vein might work. Maybe you should iterate on this and show variations, both male and female.

Comment

I like the Anubans. This concept is also pretty great and I'd like to see something like this made for the game.

Comment

I think this works pretty well myself, it would certainly add more consistency between the races and I think you hit your mark trying to add a new twist. Only thing I could comment on is people will hate on the higher part of the headdress because it blocks the eyelight kinda like Gorge, I can appreciate its part of the overall theme but perhaps you could try making it alittle slicker trying to keep that intricate detail without boofing it out
        Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

I think Egyptian Character Models could very well be inspired by Stargate.

Name:	jaffa__jackal__by_woodvile-d7bt2fn.png
Size:	861.9 KB
ID:	328948

Name:	300px-Horusguard.jpg
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	328949

Name:	apophisjaffa.jpg
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	328950
          Last edited by Danielito; 06-09-2014, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Interesting concept, although it feels too busy and not really futuristic enough. Looking at the architecture, they favour delicate styles with Tron lights and such, not old machine parts. The dark part of the armour looks right on, for instance, it's the grills and hinges that look out of place.
            Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
            My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

I never had any problems with the egyptian styled skins. Actually this one is pretty good. The problem with the UT2004 Egyptians was that they had that pharaoh look, which was a bit unfitting imo.

Comment

IMO, the Anubians are a defining characteristic of the "Unreal" world. What other series, besides Stargate, let you play as futuristic Egyptians?

That being said, this thread has the best concept art by far, and any themes inspired by Stargate should be a welcome addition. Tidal's image here is excellent:
                Originally posted by Tidal Blast

Comment

Ionman: That's the concept art for Anubus from Unreal Championship 2.

That said: That game had great style.

Comment

Originally posted by Vailias View Post
                    Ionman: That's the concept art for Anubus from Unreal Championship 2.

That said: That game had great style.
                    Serious? I never followed any of the news for the Xbox games. Shows how out of the loop I am.

Comment

having things to grey like in stargate would make it hard to see. each skin in a fps should have a element of color / colour that makes it jump out at you from a distance
                      Last edited by inferno; 06-23-2014, 07:38 AM.
                      "For those willing to build a mount of bones and climb to the top, in environments that stun, against AI that kills, for those willing to stake their lives in pursuit of victory, we salute you."

Comment

Originally posted by inferno View Post
                        having things to grey like in stargate would make it hard to see. each skin in a fps should have a element of color / colour that makes it jump out at you from a distance
                        Feels to me that the base Nakhti colours should be white (all their dresses were white) and gold.
                        Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
                        My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

I like your design a lot! I hope to see it in the final game!
                          Maps:||DM-TournamentGrounds||CTF-TitanGuard||DM-RelentlessMachine||
                          Weapons:||Tridium Impaler||

Comment

Working...
                          X