Nali Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nali Concept

Unreal was my first game and its art is still my absolute favorite.
    I want an open world shooter set on Na Pali and soak in its glorious landscapes and architecture.
    But for now I'm happy to remake a model of mine for the game (clothing later)

Attached Files
    Last edited by MatthiasDürr; 06-26-2014, 06:14 PM.

Nali butts! Put a loincloth on that, man!

Actually, I really like that. Great job translating that blocky model to something far more modern. Now we can build Nali Slaughter again.
    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Amazing, but weird seeing what looks like a ******* there lol. Definitely needs his loincloth and the other arm/legbands or whatever they originally had. Will look pretty sweet accessorized. Perhaps a chest strap with some daggers on it or stuff like that.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Thanks guys, yes he will have clothing and equipment of course

Comment

That's crazy artwork.

The Nali were always friendly allies. That's why it was funny to see them with rocket launchers in Operation Na Pali.

And while it still has a smile, I find the face terrifying. I'd like to see one with the face toned down a little.
          BeyondUnreal Podcast
          r/UnrealTournament Moderator

Comment

And this is exactly what I've been waiting for! Perfection.

Comment

Wow ! That is awesome. Nice work.

Comment

Ouboudah!!

Comment

That's it, if this or something like it doesn't make into the release, I'm out, because that is outstanding! (and revealing)

Comment

Really good modeling, but the mouth and nose is too weird. the mouth have to look almost human-like, and the nose reduced to something much more rudimentary - like the two angled holes the Nali have in the original Unreal:

Click image for larger version

Name:	nali.png
Views:	1
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	329370
                    Last edited by Solei; 06-26-2014, 07:39 PM.
                    **** COMMODORE 64 BASIC V2 ****
                    64K RAM SYSTEM 38911 BASIC BYTES FREE
                    READY.

Comment

This is just... awesome!
                      Creator of NewNet for UT99

Comment

Congrats! Hard work indeed.
                        work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Eh I say don't change a thing on the face. He has character and if you listen to every bit of advice all you're going to do is average him out into something less engaging.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                          Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Thank you very much for all the feedback!

I think the risk of doing a face too friendly and simple on a high fidelity model is that it may look goofy in the end, like a human with four arms and a mask.
                            Low res models in 1998 left a lot of secondary detail to the imagination, and I personally found the nali always a little unsettling.
                            So I want him to be formidable, strange, and, well, alien

But I'll add equipment soon and maybe then I'll do some overall tweaks, or a different head variant
                            Thanks again!
                            Last edited by MatthiasDürr; 06-27-2014, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteDragon View Post
                              That's crazy artwork.

The Nali were always friendly allies. That's why it was funny to see them with rocket launchers in Operation Na Pali.

And while it still has a smile, I find the face terrifying. I'd like to see one with the face toned down a little.
                              Like whitedragon, I find his face too scary .

Put him a loincloth and make his face more friendly and it we be a perfect model to add to the game.

Congrats !

Comment

Working...
                              X