No announcement yet.

Nali Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad you bumped this thread, because I wanted to say that it looks REALLY good. I'd love to see a mythical Nali warrior jumping around in the tournament. I know it was in the original model, but jmagica is right, having two fully-formed sets of pectorals looks.... odd. I recommend doing what Netherealm studios did with Goro:

ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
    Frag video featuring Rookie
    Frag video featuring Phantaci
    Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

I modelled a four-armed creature a few years back, Instead of a total double-chest, I sort of made a bit of a distinction between the two sets of pecs. Example:

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatErik View Post
        I recommend doing what Netherealm studios did with Goro:

Spoiler
        From anatomical point of view a train-wreck ...If you know how muscles and bones work, is this picture for graphic-artists like a scratching needle on a chalkboard for musicians.

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
        I modelled a four-armed creature a few years back, Instead of a total double-chest, I sort of made a bit of a distinction between the two sets of pecs. Example:

Spoiler

Very much over the top but still 100 times more plausible than Goro.
        ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
          Very much over the top but still 100 times more plausible than Goro.
          Thank you. The 'over the top' nature was intentional, as this was part of my "Hell by Another Name" art project, this particular piece was part of a series that gave demonic forms to the seven deadly sins: this one was Wrath.

To point it back to advice for the current artist: I took the approach of imagining what the character would look like with only one set of arms, but in two extreme postures at the same time.

like so:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

take both arm positions and try to fit them onto one body, then figure out how it will work.

Comment

I really like the nali design, but something makes me think, why his feet and hands should be 100% similar to human ones ? dream bigger man
            http://lordkaniche.deviantart.com/

Comment

Coming from the '98 Unreal, that looks perhaps a bit little too bodybuilderish(?) - I always got the impression most of them were supposed to be fairly lean, perhaps even a bit frail-looking (and not look like they had been training a fair bit, and then dieting to make their musculature stand out - especially the trapezoid/neck muscles look a bit off). So a bit thinner/less defined overall musculature, but less skinny/flattened upper arms (with somewhat buffer version -- but more strong-buff and less bodybuilder-buff variant for warriors, since the nali culture was into arenas and testing before skaarj dropped by)? I'd perhaps also make the eyes a bit more vibrant and play with the skin tone a bit - maybe also make the nose/mouth a bit less "fleshy" and the brow/skull a bit less humanlike?

And please keep the humanlike hands - if anything, lopping off fingers for the sake of making beings more unique is overdone (insert "name a dozen alien species with only four fingers" challenge here), and their hands definitely came across a humanlike, if permanently clenched into fists. And absolutely keep the double set of pectorals - they'd look wrong without (and the pectorals I'd actually make less droopy, and more muscle-looking).

- Old thread, but just found it. The above is by no means be taken as the model being bad - just things I feel better fit the nature of the nali in the original game.

Comment

Is this project abandoned? This model is one of the best i've seen in the character forums...

Comment

Matthias, did you ever complete this? I've been learning UE4 and hoping to build something in Na Pali. This is the best Nali I've seen so far and I'd love to use it if you put it on the marketplace!

Comment

Working...
                  X