No announcement yet.

Characters and armor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the models. I don't think the height and body type should be too drastically different. Nobody would play with a character who is easier to spot and shoot at.
    Current Projects

WIP: Weapon Inspect Animation: CLICK ME

Comment

Some more ideas

Brock

Xan (Paintover of a concept I found)

Skaarj, quick sketch of a direction for the type of armor.
      Concept isn't great, but I'd like to head in this direction. Not exactly, but the feel of it overall.

3d Artist
      UT Cosmetic Items |
      UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

Originally posted by danpaz3d View Post
        Some more ideas

Br

Xan (Paintover of a concept I found)

Not sure thus would remind me of xan. Anyhow it looks really cool, so i d like for this robot to be included and playable...

Comment

Xan used to be my favourite character, but looks a little outdated now, so personally I think with him in need of an upgrade, something like that would be really epic

Also with this picture you posted, it looks awesome, but very similar to the Krall. From this image though, I'm not sure if it's just because you sculpted the muscles in super detail, but in my opinion the skarrj shouldn't be quite as muscly (still muscly but less so than the Krall), and be a lot more humanoid in their movements than the Krall (eg. Skarrj run, Krall do their awkward walk-jump thing).

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherGuy View Post
            in my opinion the skarrj shouldn't be quite as muscly (still muscly but less so than the Krall), and be a lot more humanoid in their movements than the Krall (eg. Skarrj run, Krall do their awkward walk-jump thing).
            Krall walk just fine. They're also not muscly at all. You must be mistaking them for the necro-Krall of UT3...
            Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
            My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcrack View Post
              and, it's the original one
              the U2 Skaarj was well also but this Skaarj .. na' i don't know..

but the last one who he has made, it's not really bad ..

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...ll=1#post80543

best regards
              Blacky
              I like this. I actually like the glowing eyes unlike the human looking eyes he has in the concepts on this thread.
              Current Projects

WIP: Weapon Inspect Animation: CLICK ME

Comment

This version of Xan is great! Yeah maybe a little too far from the original...maybe some element could look much like him better?

Comment

Wow that version of Brock is the best so far. I think you nailed the UT99 look but got it looking up to date. You should trying doing more characters in that style particularly Lauren.

Comment

Considering that Gooba and TeriyakiStyle are doing an awesome job with Lauren, I'll be dropping her off my list.
                    I'll be focusing on getting Skaarj done for now.
                    3d Artist
                    UT Cosmetic Items |
                    UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

danpaz3d, you might want to hold off on that for a bit. I have an artist named Carlos Huante creating some new Skaarj variations. He's going to look more anthropomorphic than in the past which is a good thing imo.

-Chris

Comment

Cool! Thanks for the heads-up Chris.
                        Then I'll just post my last pics of the Skaarj for now. If anything it'll eventually turn into some fan-art!

I'll put it on hold for now though, just to see how this new version will look! Excited!
                        3d Artist
                        UT Cosmetic Items |
                        UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

Very cool, well done danpaz3d! This turned out beautiful and Skaarj so, what they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by danpaz3d View Post
                            And where is the Psychomorph?

Pretty much all these three types, please.

Some really nice Skaarj concepts, but I do really hate all those chins. The chin is not for a Skaarj.

Comment

danpaz3d,

holy !! niiiceeee !

but maybe an bit less horns , but at all, nice !
                              best regards
                              Blacky

Comment

err...WOW. Your latest skaarj is amazing. Some great movement in there with the pose and dreads. Brilliant stuff.
                                UT4: CTF-Defiance, CTF-Melt.
                                Epic - This video made me smile: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-p.../2300-6418948/
                                "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Working...
                                X