female character iteration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

female character iteration

Hi guys. I've been a big fan of Unreal Tournament for many years now and, as a professional artist, would really love to get involved. Here's a rough sketch I did of a female character design. Would love some feedback before I begin polishing it up, especially from Chris Perna if at all possible, so I can continue to iterate.

Thanks!

Nick

Attached Files

Nice design! She looks a lot like Vandora, the Nali goddess.

Comment

Thanks! Good eye.

Comment

Why are most armors way too thin - spam?
        GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

"thin - spam"?

Comment

Yes - you know: probably per concurring developement
            firm estimated one artist drops some spam here from
            time to time just for the "LuLz".
            GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

Really sweet design! I was just going to make the Nali reference also! Would love to see her in game!!
              Sioux
              www.unrealgrrl.com

Comment

Why does this remind me of a Bjork album cover? The headdress and neck-thing look very regal, even divine.
                Dueling Flak Cannons
                We see the shells falling
                Together, we die

Comment

Originally posted by Kaal979 View Post
                  Why are most armors way too thin - spam?
                  Kaal, you should know what you're saying before you say it. Just because the armor is practically nonexistent does not mean it's spam.

As for the art on its own, it's pretty good. I like the idea of having a Nali-like character in the next UT, and I think something missing from UT2k3/4 and UT3 was the Nali, who were merely mentioned in UT2k4 in a few of the Skaarj bios.
                  Change for the worse, and you regret every moment.
                  Change for the better, and you can't live without it.
                  Having the will to embrace change is the real challenge.
                  --Captain Crit

Comment

Originally posted by Kaal979 View Post
                    Yes - you know: probably per concurring developement
                    firm estimated one artist drops some spam here from
                    time to time just for the "LuLz".
                    Honestly, I've read this a few times and can't decipher what you're trying to say.

Originally posted by UnrealGrrl View Post
                    Really sweet design! I was just going to make the Nali reference also! Would love to see her in game!!
                    Awesome! So glad there's support for this idea!

Originally posted by TrickyVein View Post
                    Why does this remind me of a Bjork album cover? The headdress and neck-thing look very regal, even divine.
                    Haha good! That's totally what I was going for. My initial design notes were to invoke a royal / deity sort of vibe.

Originally posted by Captain Crit View Post
                    Kaal, you should know what you're saying before you say it. Just because the armor is practically nonexistent does not mean it's spam.

As for the art on its own, it's pretty good. I like the idea of having a Nali-like character in the next UT, and I think something missing from UT2k3/4 and UT3 was the Nali, who were merely mentioned in UT2k4 in a few of the Skaarj bios.
                    I wanted the costume of this character to completely cover the body, but not be too bulky. Again, I was going for a regal vibe, potentially someone who rarely is forced to dive into combat for herself. Her lightweight suit provides her mobility and allows her to make nimble movements without being too grunt-like and overshadowing her status. Glad you're also on board to have a Nali character in the game as well!

Again guys, this was a rough first pass. Do you suggest that, as I iterate, I do make the armor slightly more bulky? Thanks for all the feedback so far.

Cheers!

Comment

The armor looks good as it is. Nali never were a very violent race, so bulky armor would not make sense.

And about Kaal, he calls whatever he doesn't like spam, I think. He also thinks artists post whatever they want for fun.
                      Last edited by Captain Crit; 07-10-2014, 12:25 PM.
                      Change for the worse, and you regret every moment.
                      Change for the better, and you can't live without it.
                      Having the will to embrace change is the real challenge.
                      --Captain Crit

Comment

Originally posted by Stroble View Post
                        Nice design! She looks a lot like Vandora, the Nali goddess.
                        like an bio mechanical Nali goddess.
                        should give 2-4 versions of it, one, like this, one like an Normal Godess and some between and maybe an full robot

best regards
                        Blacky
                        Last edited by Blackcrack; 07-14-2014, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Good call! I'll do some more sketches. Cheers!

Comment

Certainly looks impressive. A mechanised Nali female warrior. But yea, a regular female Nali warrior would be nice to see, too.
                            Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
                            My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Indeed! Just what Great Emerald said.

Furthermore, I have that slight UT2003/4 android feeling with this one, reminds me a bit of Matrix. Certainly suits the game I think! Would love to see this coloured!

Reminds a bit of Vandora too.
                              S l y .

Comment

Working...
                              X