Characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can dig it!
    If Xan isn't in UT4, I'm not playing it.

Comment

Actually I'm a bit sick of most people's big preference of stick-scrawny starving-looking characters, and especially when it comes to waist part where they look just like they're about to break in half, and especially emaciated female characters with corset "armors" which wouldn't fit in even half of their intestines, puit aside that they're actually supposed to eat and drink and have some muscle and/or fat (!) since they're supposed to be arena fighters and move around a lot, require some body build and energy for that, also carry weapons and all. Now let's not go to point how comfortable these are, or how ridiculous they really look..

This puts Juggernauts and bulkier designs aside, some even saying they are issue in gameplay, but I'd disagree since stick guys are bigger issue imo, since they're unnecessarily harder to hit. Also, I bet that bigger and bulkier guys have more energy than their starving friends, also do more damage and are more resistant and capable of carrying a gun and all that armor. And look more terrifying, imo.
      Not that I have something against slim designs though. I want variety as already mentioned several times - like in UT2k4 had with Juggernauts and Mercenaries, for example. But not quite as UT3 - bulky males and starving females. We would need reverse of this as well.

I love your designs and the body shape itself. I also couldn't miss all the detail you put in armor and helmets. I personally like second design on picture from your first post the best. Are they originally supposed to be robots or battle suits? Would suit perfectly in both categories anyway.
      Good work, keep it up and don't let anyone to make you think otherwise
      Last edited by Moona; 07-21-2014, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moona View Post
        I love your designs and the body shape itself. I also couldn't miss all the detail you put in armor and helmets. I personally like second design on picture from your first post the best. Are they originally supposed to be robots or battle suits? Would suit perfectly in both categories anyway.
        Good work, keep it up and don't let anyone to make you think otherwise
        The first concept it's exoskeleton from left, and from right it's armor put on than exoskeleton. Armor very heavy and need exo to carry it.
        3d character artist

Comment

some sculpt cketch
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Winged_wanderer; 07-29-2014, 10:21 PM.
          3d character artist

Comment

Something doesn't connect here for me. The concept in #14 looks both more heavy-weight and menacing than the 3D models.
            Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
            My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Maybe the head needs to be shrunk a bit? Right now the model seems to have slightly child-like proportions. Looks great, though.

Comment

Working...
              X