Gen Mo'kai concept art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gen Mo'kai concept art

Hey guys, I wondering if y'all could do a concept art of the Gen Mo'kai alien species,
    male and female alike. I do want to see an concept of Damarus for the new UT, and the
    females like Mokara or Farareth. I'd would like to see the female GMKs looking slightly more
    feminine with reptilian mixed in, along with their armor a little more updated, and their stomachs a
    bit more curved and less plump and chest tweaked. (I'm not trying to be perverted about this.)

I just would like to see the concept of these characters for the new UT.
    Thanks.
    Have fun fragging in the tournament! - ShrapnelAD aka "FlakTaryd" or "FlakT"

I'd love to see Gen Mo Kai too, I'm surprised that there were no concepts for them on here yet. I guess that's because that hitbox issue and their legs, but I don't remember them being a nuisance in UT2003 since their heads were always on human level so they shouldn't be a problem now.
    They quite do offer some interesting variations and there's a lot to do with their helmets, armors and technology itself, so I'm hoping to see some concepts on here as well since there are some good artists around here.
    However, I couldn't miss that female part you mentioned, with whom I completely disagree. Gen Mo Kai are unique alien race and have their own type of feminity, which appears to be body size, fat, lack of dreadlocks, extra fins, finer body texture, bony face, etc. I don't see why would they have to get human female parts too, everything seems to get sexualized these says <sigh> (I don't remember male Gen Mo Kais having human male parts neither)
    Correct me if I misinterpreted your post though. I was referring to that female=boobs craze that seems to infect most of video games today *cough* MMORPGs *cough*.

Comment

I agree with you, Moona. I just like the female Gen Mo'kai, and the males too. Well over sexualized stuff gets
      very tedious in most circumstances. But reptillian boobs or breast is usually in the furry fandom which is why
      it's quite popular these days. But don't mind if Gen Mo'kai girls have breast as long it's not overly sexualized like
      what you said there. And me saying about their stomachs a little more curved, in reptillian style, compared to the
      argonian females in TES series, like they have that.

Though I'm an artist myself, I would like to see other people's concept arts of the GMK's.
      But thanks for replying Moona, appreciate that!

Comment

Ah, I get it now then. Being a big TES fan myself, I do agree that Argonian body type and their style could be a nice option, especially Skyrim version and those little head options some may argue that they are too human-like in terms of body and especially legs, I personally prefer legs from UT2003 - more alien than human-like and unique - but I won't really mind either way as long as it doesn't cross the furry border

Comment

I too liked the Gen Mo'kai. I hope they return in this game.
          Sound designer, composer, flash game dev, and Unreal mapper. My Soundcloud. My games.

Comment

Finally someone speaks about Gen Mo'kai, personally I love them really much! Especially Faraleth. What a cutie.
            But seriously, they just SHOULD return. No doubt. They had their own unique stuff (armor, appearance, arenas design - like Seppuku Gorge & Lost Faith, if I recall it correct).
            Not so 'brutal' like the Skaarj (which is a good thing), but much more... say, backstory-wise, 'aesthetically' artistic fraction.

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt on that, too. Hope each of these characters have unique
              GMK voices instead of sharing the same voice for each different character. Oh they should have
              personalities, too. Like for example, Faraleth is a cheery and hyper GMK while Makareth has a bad
              additude and gets cocky, but also seductive.

But if someone can show the concepts for the Gen Mo'kai, if someone cared that much.

Comment

I'm gonna be a character designer in the future, and I really like the Gen Mo'Kai species. As soon as I'm able, I'll get started on some concept art.

Comment

Originally posted by ShrapnelAD View Post
                  But if someone can show the concepts for the Gen Mo'kai, if someone cared that much.
                  Gooba made a Gen Mo'Kai concept. It's somewhere in the UT4 visual design thread of his.
                  Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
                  My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                    Gooba made a Gen Mo'Kai concept. It's somewhere in the UT4 visual design thread of his.
                    Actually, it was a Skaarj concept. Some people thought it fit the Gen Mo'kai better.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by M!NDCR!M3Z View Post
                      Actually, it was a Skaarj concept. Some people thought it fit the Gen Mo'kai better.
                      I'm talking about this:
                      Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
                      My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Gooba's art is very inspiring. I think the Gen Mo'Kai concept he has going is a good basis for any future designs. It reminds me of "Xlr8" from the original Ben-10 television show.

Is there anyway we can get their poses to naturally lean forward to counterweight the tail? I feel like this would add to the character of the species and the aesthetics of the design. Also, would that cause head shot hit-box advantages/disadvantages?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                          I'm talking about this:
                          Sorry bout that GE. Had forgotten about that one.

Comment

Thanks, GreatEmerald! This concept would be a starter at first.
                            Like it though.

Comment

Originally posted by M!NDCR!M3Z View Post

this skaarj look's like an Dessert Skaarj in my opinion
                              whant be also an nice skaarvariant .. more walking upright ..
                              best regards
                              Blacky

Comment

Working...
                              X